Escape to the Movies: Tower Heist

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Tower Heist

Two hours of your life will be stolen.

Watch Video

OK, I guess I am NOT watching this one, just like rest of the movies that's been reviewed. D:

The only Joke in this movie... IS the movie.

I liked the Rush Hour movies, but that doesn't mean I care about any of Brett Ratner's other films.

Hey....I quite liked Rush Hour and Rush Hour 2. I'll probably watch this when it comes out on DVD with some friends and some liquor. Should be good fun.

They wanted to charge $59.99 for a Brett F***ING Ratner movie!? i hate humanity.

Great review once again Bob but i think you should make it more clear on how these types of movies need to be boycotted... I mean look at what Expendables did to the industry.

And i liked manhunter.

EDIT: Crap no! I meant Red Dragon

Poor Murphey, after watching all his old films like Trading Places, Coming to America and Beverly Hills Cop this week, its a bit sad to see all his recent projects (minus Shrek, I guess) turn to shit.

AND, there is nothing wrong with the first two Rush Hour films, Jackie Chan makes anything good.

I'd actually watch Eddie Murphey's original idea if it included some of the men Bob listed. Shame it got heavily gutted into this mess.

Also I like the first 2 Rush Hours. Not great, but they always made me laugh.

Awesome, it's not another hating on Green Lantern video. I guess I can watch it.

Rush Hour 1 and 2 are two of my favorite movies....
Soooo, guess we'll have to agree to disagree bob

Yo dude, Rush Hour 1 and 2 were pretty funny. Red Dragon was also alright.

Good review.

An all black comedian cast might actually be worth watching. If they get Dave Chapelle in there :3

To add to the mob, Rush Hour 1&2 where actually enjoyable, Jackie Chan does make everything better.

Aww, I had high hopes for this one... bummer.

I was hoping for this movie to be good. It has a good cast and a great set-up for some social commentary, and I am really disappointed if what you're saying, Bob, is true. I'll probably end up renting it.
That original version sounds pretty awesome as well, I wonder why it fell out.
And though I don't remember the Rush Hour movies, the feeling I remember of them is good, simple fun. So I guess I'll join the masses.

Oh gods... I forgot today was Friday...

I was like "What's EttM doing up on a Thursday?"

Whelp... time to go watch Harold and Kumar... cause at least I expect it to be stupid and funny.

wowitsfuckingnothing.jpg

Isn't this the time of year we're supposed to get good movies?

Loved the Michael Peņa accent!!

Well I knew it would suck since Ben Stiller is in it

I've been watching the trailers for this and it looked bad and boring and unfunny. I saw Bob was reviewing it and thought, "Is he going to try to convince me there's something worth seeing in this?"

That's $2 saved when this piece of obvious crap hits the bargain theater.

... This was supposed to be a 'big star cast'? The only one out of the bunch who does decent work nowadays is Casey Affleck, and he was apparently wasted on this project; everyone else out of that lineup I can't even stand. ... Ok, maybe that's too harsh regarding Broderick, but... well, he used to be good. Back in the days of Ferris Bueller, that is.

You all do realize what will follow if this movie does well in the box office. Hasn't Axel suffered enough?

What, Puss in the Boots isn't good?

Wait, Red Dragon was on the list of movies not worth watching. I'm pretty sure Red dragon is universally considered awesome.

Hungry Donner:
You all do realize what will follow if this movie does well in the box office. Hasn't Axel suffered enough?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Also, to add to Rush Hour love, what was not to like? Buddy Cop comedy with some old school kung fu action cheese? Sign me up.

I could have guessed that, Eddie Murphy hasn't even been remotely funny since the first Shrek movie, in fact, me saying that is still probably giving him to much credit.

> touts Thor
> touts crappy Justin Timberlake sci-fi flick
> dumps on Red Dragon
> chooses Family Man.... FAMILY MAN... as the film to go back and say 'Weeeellll...'

Man, why do they let this guy talk about movies again?

> multiple rants about Green Lantern franchise

Oh, right... Well, at least we can agree that even Jackie Chan can't make Chris Tucker less annoying.

Guys! Guys! ...Bob!

Doesn't this just mean that we all have just as much of a chance to get our movies into movies?

....Of course, any ambitious, innovative idea you may have is at risk of being pushed out the window...

Hungry Donner:

So far, this doesn't seems likely.

The main problem with the spin movie studios were trying to pull was that they used this movie as an example. No one will pay $ 59,99 for this. Wait until they pull it off with some truly high profile movie (like the next Transformers, or The Avengers) and they will be swimming in money... dumb people's money.

PD: Rush Hour 1 wasn't that bad. It was a buddy cop movie with Jackie Chan. That was until they decided to focus more on the far less interesting, far more obnoxious Chris Rock-wannabe's character.

Well that's dissappointing, the first time I've looked forward to a movie with Eddie Murphy in I don't know how long and it's a dud. Still probably gonna rent it though, I haven't really reached my quota of entirely forgettable movies this year.

Hungry Donner:

I don't want to live on the planet anymore.

freaper:
Jackie Chan makes everything better.

Jackie Chan in The happening - kick Mark Whalberg's ass and end the movie
Jackie Chan in The last airbender - Forget the airbender and just have Jackie fighting the fire mages.
Jackie Chan in Transformers - Knock out Megan Fox and Shia Le Beef so its actually about the robots.
Jackie Chan in Green lanturn - Kill Sinestro so there can't be an equally bad sequel.

It works

I was kind of hoping for a review on the Rum diaries but this was this one was interesting. Though I wasn't planning on watching this movie.

I was hoppning for a Tintin Review.

So it is expectacularly exciting!? Just kidding.

Yeah looks like Hollywood is using "The Expendables" as a benchmark as now on. Just put a bunch of Triple-A stars in and magically(within the first weekend) and it prints money, let's do lunch.

Jman1236:
Yeah looks like Hollywood is using "The Expendables" as a benchmark as now on. Just put a bunch of Triple-A stars in and magically(within the first weekend) and it prints money, let's do lunch.

This movie's nothing like The Expendables. Just because Bob trashed both don't make them similar at all.

Also maybe you guys should give the movie a chance. It's got a 68% on rotten tomatoes with most people saying it's a fluffy movie that's somewhat entertaining. Give it a chance! There's a huge difference on Rotten Tomatoes between a 40% movie (The Expendables) and a 68% on Tower Heist. Give it a chance and make up your own mind about it.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here