No Right Answer: Best Comic Book Billionaire Ever

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Best Comic Book Billionaire Ever

It's occupy Escapist time! Pull out your tents and fire up the portable compost heap, because we're going to be here a while. As long as we're protesting the rich, why not let our fearless debaters wax poetic on the best comic book billionaire ever? Now that's luxury we all can afford.

Watch Video

Scrooge is better because he's greedy? wtf?

OMG! A Spit-Take Disqualification!
And Tony Stark Pown BOTH those sorry noobs!
He is both the eccentric Billionaire AND the Super hero (doesn't have a "secret" identity because he came out as Iron Man)

Ha I was expected Tony Stark so Scrooge McDuck had caught me off guard.

No Lex Luthor?

Tony Stark could win this argument in a cave with a box of scraps.

Theres your topic for next week. Who's better between Launchpad and Alfred.

Also, Bruce wayne never went to the moon, therefore lame.

But... but... but... Tony Stark?

How does Scrooge McDuck even count?

Tony Stark. end of discussion

EDIT: NIIIINJAAAAAAA!

Remember the good old days when Bruce Wayne could be batman while only being a millionaire?

Are you sure Bruce Wayne has never gone to the moon there are a lot of insane batman books out there?

Pretty weak quote of the week there... and there isn't really much contest going on here, the crux of the pro-scrooge argument is pretty much that he is the caricature of the selfish rich guy that's so damn tired.

Having Bruce use the money constructively instead of stockpiling it or squandering it on trips to the moon for example makes him a far better person.

Actually he is a racist caricature of a Scotsmen more then he is of just a general rich guy.

A better question would have been which one better for the economy

You're both wrong.
The correct answer is Tony Stark!

I don't think this was "who's the better billionaire for the world" but rather "who's the best billionaire period?" And though Bruce Wayne gets my vote due to that he really tries being a good billionaire overall, I can see why Scrooge wins.

Scrooge did gain his fortune, and though he is a greedy duck- he does have more then Bruce Wayne does I know that for sure. Not to mention that quote "a duck on the moon *laughs*" got to me good, I was laughing quite a lot from it. Well played.

Maybe for next week's debate, you guys can do the most unappreciated sidekick. I mean, I think everyone would want to know who's very unappreciated. I say Scrappy Doo from the Scooby Doo series gets most unappreciated. He saved the series and yet they cast him aside like he was nothing.

Ever watch Justice League? Batman had a spaced station built for their home base. Complete with artificial gravity, shuttles, teleporters, and a giant fucking laser cannon. Even Superman had to ask,"How much money do you have?!" After Batman piloted said space station into the planet to stop an alien invasion, he just replaced it. With 12 more. 12 MORE!

Richie Rich was robbed. Bruce Wayne's charity with Scrooge's ostentation. Plus his middle name is $, how does that not win everything immediately?

WHY IS THIS SHOW SO GOOD?

It doesn't even make any sense!

Caramel Frappe:
Maybe for next week's debate, you guys can do the most unappreciated sidekick. I mean, I think everyone would want to know who's very unappreciated. I say Scrappy Doo from the Scooby Doo series gets most unappreciated. He saved the series and yet they cast him aside like he was nothing.

Wait, what? Scrappy Doo saved the series? Scrappy Doo? The sidekick whose name is synonymous with "character everyone hates"? You're saying he saved the series?

I may have just lost faith in humanity.

(Now, he was really unappreciated, not arguing against that, but it's not like he was underappreciated; he was appreciated just as much as he deserved, which was not at all. The notion that he somehow "saved" the series is what has currently boggled my mind.)

I have no other comments today except for, "You guys are awesome, keep up the good work."

Caramel Frappe:
I don't think this was "who's the better billionaire for the world" but rather "who's the best billionaire period?" And though Bruce Wayne gets my vote due to that he really tries being a good billionaire overall, I can see why Scrooge wins.

Scrooge did gain his fortune, and though he is a greedy duck- he does have more then Bruce Wayne does I know that for sure. Not to mention that quote "a duck on the moon *laughs*" got to me good, I was laughing quite a lot from it. Well played.

Exactly what I though! Scrooge did earn every pennies. Well done sir :)

When I saw the title I immediately went "Scrooge McDuck"!

My childhood hero.
BTW, you were referring to the tv series Ducktales here, which I do not accept as canon. It's not even a comic book, although several stories are based on classic stories and some Ducktales comics have been published.

You should have referred to the canonic material by Carl Barks.

Maybe Don Rosa, although his possible status as a Duckmaster is debatable.

Bring back Darkwing Duck damnit! That show was awesome.

You lost the minute 'duck' passed his mouth

Probably the first ever billonaire comic hero. The Phantom. I haven't missed the Green Hornet but in the 30's he would have been strictly a millonaire. The Phantom had access to vast pirate treasure, ridiculously priceless historic artifacts and 300-400 years worth of family investments.

And to cap it off he didn't use any tech.

Ha ha, yes. Chris earned this one.

I agree completely. Bruce Wayne has never had as deep or interesting a storyline as Scrooge. I'm not even joking.

Shadowstar38:

wtf?

Bruce Wayne has spent vast amounts of time on the Moon... The entire Justice League watchtower was based on the Moon for a long time.

Bruce Wayne has been a lot farther out than the Moon, for sure yo.

Preacher zer0:

Shadowstar38:

wtf?

Bruce Wayne has spent vast amounts of time on the Moon... The entire Justice League watchtower was based on the Moon for a long time.

Bruce Wayne has been a lot farther out than the Moon, for sure yo.

Batman has gone to space. But the Gotham News never had a headline saying "Bruce Wayne takes Bitches to his Space Station". Im just using the No Right Answer logic.

Caramel Frappe:
I say Scrappy Doo from the Scooby Doo series gets most unappreciated.

Scrappy Doo deserves to be run over by the Mystery Machine, and then reversed over.

Atrociously childish vile mismatch of ideas that was only beaten by Wazoo, the green invisible alien in the Flintstones.

"(Launchpad) lived the life, man. He lived the life." - Chris

Thank you, Chris, for absolutely making my day with that line.

Look, clearly Scrooge McDuck used Launchpad as his go-between to fund Darkwing Duck's activities. Scrooge is, in fact, the mirror image of Batman. Batman is a superhero first, and billionaire second. Scrooge is a billionaire first and funds a super hero second, because he's too lazy to do the job himself and want to swim in his money some more.

ravenshrike:
Look, clearly Scrooge McDuck used Launchpad as his go-between to fund Darkwing Duck's activities. Scrooge is, in fact, the mirror image of Batman. Batman is a superhero first, and billionaire second. Scrooge is a billionaire first and funds a super hero second, because he's too lazy to do the job himself and want to swim in his money some more.

Hell, don't forget Gizmoduck. Scrooge seemed to surround himself with doo-gooders. What a machivellian genius.

I totally forgot that Launchpad was in both Darkwing and Duck Tales. Wait a minute. Obviously Scrooge was financing Darkwing Duck. It explains his own gadgets and vehicles. So Scrooge was even a better Batman than Bruce as he just had someone else do it for him while he spent his timing making more money. It even makes him better than Tony Stark. We have a definitive winner.

ravenshrike:

Damn, when did you post? I didn't see it before I commented. Guess I spent too much time reading comments and what not. I basically posted the same thing. You win this round. But there will be others.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here