The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Review

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Review

Bethesda's latest is a true RPG epic that asks you what you want and then gives it to you.

Read Full Article

Five stars, eh?

So... about as good as Dragon Age 2 then?

Good to know.

I'm kidding, I'm kidding. Sorry, but that shit-stirring opportunity was too good to miss.

I've only read the Guardian review (prominent UK paper, 5 stars) and the main reason I'm looking into the reviews so much is not to know whether the game is good or not, I think everything can assume it is, but how annoying the bugs are.

From what I've heard so far, they're not New Vegas bad.

So, I've gone from being 'meh' about all the Skyrim hype until these last two days where I've been... well, this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9eGtyqz4gY

I just wonder, with all the dragons in the game, will a sneaky archer still be viable, or will it be gimped in such fights?

Zhukov:
Five stars, eh?

Good to know.

Oh boy, thank you for reminding me of that... thing.

As for the facial animation, do Bethsesda use motion-capture? or is it all just animators?

Zhukov:
Five stars, eh?

Good to know.

I'm kidding, I'm kidding. Sorry, but that shit-stirring opportunity was too good to miss.

Good one dude.

Nailed it.

We are blessed with another classic. LAWL.

I just hope it's better that the steaming pile of crap that was Oblivion.

...That was fast

Deviate:
I just wonder, with all the dragons in the game, will a sneaky archer still be viable, or will it be gimped in such fights?

Aaah, the sneaky archer. Pop an arrow, the AI falls down and disregards the arrow poking out of him. Fire another arrow and the AI typically dies. It's fun but gets a little old

Deviate:
So, I've gone from being 'meh' about all the Skyrim hype until these last two days where I've been... well, this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9eGtyqz4gY

I dont think Stealth is an option when it comes to killing a dragon....

lol i think my fav part of the review is hearing steve butts curse at the lock picking section

Screw it! I'm going to the midnight release in Seaford for this sucker! I can't wait much longer, and the lock-picking looks easy for anyone who played the shit out of Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas. I was a lock-picking master in those games, rarely broke a pick even on the hardest locks.

But the question is - will Yahtzee review it?

draythefingerless:

Deviate:

Maybe you can poison it's tea?

ZeppMan217:

Only if the planets align. LIke with Oblivion and Morrowind :P

ZeppMan217:

As a high profile game, you bet your sweet bippy. Can't wait for that one, it's gonna be funny.

So much want. So little time.

Over the next two weeks I have 5 pieces of coursework to finish... I really am seriously annoyed I won't be able to play this for so long. :(

Where did you get that really, really cool glowing, purple flame sword?

I'm already at fever pitch in terms of my excitement for this game.
I wish I didn't have work tomorrow.

>Implying the vast majority of the gaming public isn't already buying it
>Implying everyone in the world doesn't know it's getting perfect scores from every reviewer
>Implying I'm Vlad the Implyer

>mfw I have no face

*Ahem*

Sorry, was up literally all night on /v/ as the hype for this one is going beyond 'God Emperor of Mankind' fanaticism. A cult which I am happily joining at midnight tonight. :)

The idea of getting lost in the game actually appeals to me. One of the things that I liked about Morrowind.

Every Website I've looked at you have watch a Skyrim trailer before the Skyrim review. /facepalm.

Also, good joke but the DA2 review was Greg and this one is Buttman himself.
Oh I just noticed the tiny text.

Ruwrak:

draythefingerless:

Deviate:

Thats just stupid and silly......i mean, how are you supposed to know whats poisonous to a dragon?

Vault Citizen:

It's the Bound Sword, a Conjuration spell. It has the benefit of not taking up space in your inventory and some massively powerful perks once you get your Conjuration skill up to a high enough level.

Steve Butts:

Vault Citizen:

It's the Bound Sword, a Conjuration spell. It has the benefit of not taking up space in your inventory and some massively powerful perks once you get your Conjuration skill up to a high enough level.

Thank you.

Deviate:

Well, we do have hirelings now, which can pretty much be used as distractions/meat shields while you fire away. So the stealthy/archer class certainly wont be /as/ gimped as in Oblivion.

Deviate:

According to PC Gamer's review, no, your sneaky archer will not be gimped in the slightest. They make explicit point of that in fact.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/11/10/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-review/

Or maybe it was Rock, Paper, Shotgun's review:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/11/10/skyrim-review-pc/

Either way, seems no, not at all.

Yeah..... my exams aren't gonna go so well.

not to brag or anything but i dont need reviews i already am playing it got to love austraila it is good to see it gt the good reviews it deserves though

So, my life is about to get mauled by Skyrim. Can anybody say fail?

What? No. I didn't go to class today. What are you crazy?... I have Skyrim dumbass, I don't need to go to class. They'll fail me? Bullshit, the professors are all in bed playing Skyrim... What? Yes they do. EVERYBODY PLAYS SKYRIM O.O

Got it in my mailbox this morning, turns out my DVD drive is borked and won't read the any discs suddenly :/

Sadface...

draythefingerless:

Ruwrak:

draythefingerless:

Thats just stupid and silly......i mean, how are you supposed to know whats poisonous to a dragon?

Probably it's own blood. So ask him if he can donate some blood for the bloodless dragons fund. Then poison his complimentairy tea with his own blood.

Gah why don't people get this!

The world looks beautiful...Like seriously i will be on this for days just exploring...

I really can't see why anyone curses this game...the video's i have seen make it look even more awesome every single time :|

jawakiller:
So, my life is about to get mauled by Skyrim. Can anybody say fail?

What? No. I didn't go to class today. What are you crazy?... I have Skyrim dumbass, I don't need to go to class. They'll fail me? Bullshit, the professors are all in bed playing Skyrim... What? Yes they do. EVERYBODY PLAYS SKYRIM O.O

Psh, Not everybody plays Skyrim. I certainly won't be. Ever. Also since you asked, I'll say it for you. Fail.

It looks pretty cool so far. I'll have to wait a bit until I can afford to buy it like, but I'm looking forward to it.

Speaking of which, anyone wanna buy a kidney?

Although, one thing is making me nervous. I've seen a lot of promotional/trailer videos in the run up to this game, and I don't think I've ever actually seen a character blocking unless they're holding a shield. I'm planning on playing a dual-wielding rogue type character who'll probably be too busy skulking through shadows to learn how to use a shield. Will I still be able to cower behind my daggers and block enemy attacks when I invariably cock up the stealth?

Steve Butts:

*snip all the contextually relevent stuff*

I must say, your choice in comic book heroes is spectacular.

OT: Just got word that my Skyrim is on its way!

So... happy... eyes... sweating. Men dont cry, just sweat thats all!

Ruwrak:

draythefingerless:

Ruwrak:

Probably it's own blood. So ask him if he can donate some blood for the bloodless dragons fund. Then poison his complimentairy tea with his own blood.

Gah why don't people get this!

How can it's own blood be poisonous to itself? So it will die from it's own blood entering it's own bloodstream? In that case, we are all walking dead. :D

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 69852)