Hear Ye! Hear Ye! The Escapist Office Games are About to Begin!

Pages 1 2 NEXT

The saga begins! Four contending Escapist teams will duke it out for some highly coveted prizes, namely their own dignity and ultimate bragging rights. Writers, editors, publishers, artists... each will be tested.

Since a winning team doesn't mean much without the ability to inspire adoration from the masses, this multistage competition won't just be a battle of brain and brawn. Your vote can tip the scales.

How will you use this power? Do you want to help the underdog make their dreams come true in the clutch? Do you want to crush their dreams and laugh mercilessly at their tragedy?

Susan Arendt aka "The Emcee"

Susan has been deemed "just too damned good at everything" so she has been nice enough to not make the rest of the office compete against her, and rather compete for her approval and the points she hands out.

TEAM WON

Team Won is actually a team of losers. We come from the streets, and we know that we have to beat the man at his own game if we are to get ahead. Whether it's ducking and goosing, or shooting rubber bands at the sun, Team Won knows it will prevail if we stay true to the cause. We are Team Won. We are legion. Never forget.

Greg Tito, Sir Isaac, Lima, Kross, encaen

The Feral Fraggle Foundation For Fastidious Friendliness (6F)

The Feral Fraggle Foundation For Fastidious Friendliness (6F) is a global movement of more than 200 million fraggles and muppets in more than 1150 countries, territories, theaters, streets, caves and hovels who campaign to end grave abuses of Muppet rights and rampant unhappiness.6F's exists to bring about our vision for every Muppet, fraggle or otherwise, to enjoy all the rights enshrined in the Manipulators' Accord for Muppet Rights and other international puppet rights standards.

We are independent of any government, political ideology, economic interest, religion or production company and are funded mainly by our membership, trash heaps, gorg produce and doozer construction projects.
MazRoyelle, s0osleepie, WMDogma, Slycne, Trujkin

Team Pony H. Christ

From the five corners of the west came the mightiest warriors known to man. They joined hands and hearts under the name of Pony H. Christ to battle (to the death, if necessary) for what they believe in: dice that roll true, ponies with machine guns, for apple butter to be a recognized food group, something about respect and also, winning. Team Pony H. Christ of Latterneigh Saints is comprised of the Fair Sister Pony, Whimsical Sister Pony, Valiant Brother Pony, Courageous Brother Pony and Honorable Brother Pony. Together they pool all of their resources in the name of the Pony, love, sugar cubes and wuffles. That's wuffles, not waffles. Although waffles are tasty, so heck, let's include them too.
ckeymel, Dr Strangelove, Archon, Myan, paulgruberman

The Overdogs

With wits as sharp as a Masamune blade, hearts as bold as Arial Black, and fortune to rival even the most charmed of luckdragons, the Overdogs are born winners ready to do more of the same. And perhaps enslave the earth. When they're not having their siblings eaten by ginger bread witches, granting fairy wishes, transforming into lupine were-beasts or haggling for golden geese, these completely normal humanoid types like to kick back and inflict doom upon the Earth. DOOM!
Nasrin, Steve Butts, ThyNameIsMud, sprout  

We play to win, you vote to decide. Is the pen truly mightier than the Nerf sword? The definitive answer, coming soon!

And so, it begins.

*Dramatic music*
*Lightning*
*ambient lights go red*

I for one welcome the Overdogs as our new lords and masters.

Any team with a Primus fan in it is bound for glory.

Team Pony H. Christ, GO!
That is a truly awesome name.

Oh god, Kross or ThyNameIsMud? WHO SHOULD I SUPPORT?!

I don't know, Team Won seems like an Anonymous front, we have the bronies (sorry not a fan), and a group of psycho fairy tale conquerers. I'm afraid I must throw my support in behind 6f as the least of all possible evils... I can deal with muppet rights as a platform, the rest make me nervous. :)

TEAM WON

they look like my kinda guys (and like they drank all the coffee!)

Let me just explain who takes on Susan in a battle of anything.

Non-one. Because they will be obliterizated. It's true.

OVERDOGS RULE!

LavaLampBamboo:
Let me just explain who takes on Susan in a battle of anything.

Non-one. Because they will be obliterizated. It's true.

OVERDOGS RULE!

Originally there was going to be 5 teams, but one of the decided to talk back to Susan.

In fact, if things get bad enough, we might not finish this series of events with four teams.

One one hand, Don't make me chooooose! ;-;.
On the other, I don't want Kross to thunderdome me for another weekend...

Still, I think part of these competitions should involve making Susan catch those bugs.

Gah! People I like on every team! Looks like I'll have to judge you on what you actually do, rather than whether I like you or not. What a shame. XD

Daaaaamn Escapist, where you been hiding all these good looking women? Regardless, my money is on Team Won. Kross and Tito must make a brutal co-op team.

What does a feral Fraggle act like?

I'm rooting for Team Won, it has both Tito and Kross. To victory!

Which team has the least biased news writers in it?

I'm with whatever team that is.

I will go for team The overdogs. Go kick those other teams ass(wanted to say kick but(t)s but that would be mutiny in their own team >.< ).

ps. the pics are really funny

Team Pony H. Christ FTW!!!

Ponies with machineguns. My blade is yours, Sire.

Currently torn between 6F and the Overdogs.

Will decide at a later date.

First non-pony team to steal one of those pony hats and ritually burn it on video is guaranteed my vote though.

Deviate:
Ponies with machineguns. My blade is yours, Sire.

As is mine.
Go Team Pony H. Christ!

Nasrin:

I don't know... it's a little unfair that your team only has 3 1/2 members (sorry sprout). So, with that in mind, if there is another Nerf battle amongst the events, I'll offer my services modding your blasters. They won't know what hit them (literally. Concussions can cause memory loss.)

So, I'm wondering what the challenges will be. One should be try to score a point on Susan.
But which team to support? I'm thinking it's between 6F and The Overdogs for my affection based solely on names.

In other news, I think I need to join the Escapist Team and move to their hometown. For no reason at all.

Wait, what is this? Meh, don't care, go The Overdogs! (There's fewer of them and my boss is there...)

Shit just got REAL!
:P
I shall be looking foward to this battle of epic proportions... i expect lasers, explosions and flying diamond monkeys by sundown.

ultimateownage:

One has control of the servers, the other has ban nukes. I'm torn too.
Well I'll have to go with Team Won, mainly because I fear Kross may "accidentally" make those whose didn't vote for hhim push the button again.

I'm voting for The Overdogs.

We all know that underdogs only win in movies and games and books and plays and sometimes real life and...

ultimateownage:

BLAME Kross

Support the Overdogs!

Friendship shall meet their nerf blades!

Dastardly:

Nasrin:

I don't know... it's a little unfair that your team only has 3 1/2 members (sorry sprout). So, with that in mind, if there is another Nerf battle amongst the events, I'll offer my services modding your blasters. They won't know what hit them (literally. Concussions can cause memory loss.)

I agree, this is very unfair to the Overdogs. What they really need is like how the movies go, where they get a retired champion who was out of the scene for good to come back for one last mighty stand. Despite his initial hesitations and cynicism to getting back in the games after what happened, he agrees and helps the team to an almighty victory that will be re-told for generations before being released as an Oscar-winning feature film.

You know who you are.

Ah dammit, I don't know who to vote for! Overdogs or 6F?

Wait, I know how to solve this!

*Flips coin*

GO OVERDOGS!!

Team Pony H. Christ are shoe-ins for winning, because Susan Arendt is the point-giver-outer, and loves herself dem ponies.

Personally, I'm torn between Team Won and the Overdogs! Someone convince me one way or the other!

Zombie_Fish:
I agree, this is very unfair to the Overdogs. What they really need is like how the movies go, where they get a retired champion who was out of the scene for good to come back for one last mighty stand. Despite his initial hesitations and cynicism to getting back in the games after what happened, he agrees and helps the team to an almighty victory that will be re-told for generations before being released as an Oscar-winning feature film.

You know who you are.

I was thinking the same thing... Where's Kane Russ when you need him?

But I really don't know who to vote for. I'm tossing up between Team Won, the Overdogs and 6F. Notable names among those teams, in my experience, would be Nasrin, ThyNameIsMud, Kross and Slycne. (Each of those has had a direct impact on my time here at the Escapist.)

Of course, our Lord Creator Archon is the Escapist's CEO, but... the pony theme puts me off voting for his team. Sorry, but I don't buy into the whole brony thing and I never will.

Maybe I'll just vote for Susan and save myself the trouble. =P

I support team Team Pony H. Christ for completely non-pony related reasons >.>

Ok fine they sold me at ponies. Which makes them lucky because I would have gone for whatever team Kross and/or ThyNameIsMud were in!

Hmm... This would be so much easier if Susan were just on one of the teams (since not only would it gain my allegiance, but would probably win before the competition even began), but I understand why things went the way they did. I think I'll be rooting for Team Won, but we'll see as the games go on.

CounterAttack:
I was thinking the same thing... Where's Kane Russ when you need him?

But I really don't know who to vote for. I'm tossing up between Team Won, the Overdogs and 6F. Notable names among those teams, in my experience, would be Nasrin, ThyNameIsMud, Kross and Slycne. (Each of those has had a direct impact on my time here at the Escapist.)

Of course, our Lord Creator Archon is the Escapist's CEO, but... the pony theme puts me off voting for his team. Sorry, but I don't buy into the whole brony thing and I never will.

Maybe I'll just vote for Susan and save myself the trouble. =P

I propose that we go on an epic quest into the murky swamplands until we find a small cottage next to a forrest where Russ has gone to retire and hide from the rest of the world after the event. Y'know, like the movies again.

Here's some advice for who to choose:

See that thing Nasrin's holding in the Overdogs' photo that is just cut off the edge of the pic? That's her banhammer. And I don't mean that metaphorically, it is her real-life banhammer.

Vote Overdogs. It's the safest option.

And I say that knowing that Kross is on a different team.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here