Hear Ye! Hear Ye! The Escapist Office Games are About to Begin!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

CounterAttack:
I was thinking the same thing... Where's Kane Russ when you need him?

But I really don't know who to vote for. I'm tossing up between Team Won, the Overdogs and 6F. Notable names among those teams, in my experience, would be Nasrin, ThyNameIsMud, Kross and Slycne. (Each of those has had a direct impact on my time here at the Escapist.)

Of course, our Lord Creator Archon is the Escapist's CEO, but... the pony theme puts me off voting for his team. Sorry, but I don't buy into the whole brony thing and I never will.

Maybe I'll just vote for Susan and save myself the trouble. =P

I propose that we go on an epic quest into the murky swamplands until we find a small cottage next to a forrest where Russ has gone to retire and hide from the rest of the world after the event. Y'know, like the movies again.

Here's some advice for who to choose:

See that thing Nasrin's holding in the Overdogs' photo that is just cut off the edge of the pic? That's her banhammer. And I don't mean that metaphorically, it is her real-life banhammer.

Vote Overdogs. It's the safest option.

And I say that knowing that Kross is on a different team.

Zombie_Fish:
I propose that we go on an epic quest into the murky swamplands until we find a small cottage next to a forrest where Russ has gone to retire and hide from the rest of the world after the event. Y'know, like the movies again.

Here's some advice for who to choose:

See that thing Nasrin's holding in the Overdogs' photo that is just cut off the edge of the pic? That's her banhammer. And I don't mean that metaphorically, it is her real-life banhammer.

Vote Overdogs. It's the safest option.

Alright, I'm in. But I'm assuming you know where to look for him, so I'll follow you.

*pack suddenly appears on back, sword at hip and pistol in holster*

On Topic: Eep. I don't wanna be on the wrong end of that banhammer... Overdogs it is. *puts on a replica of ThyNameIsMud's hat*

You guys can't vote for Susan, sillies. She's the judge, the overseer, the bestower of pointage.

Alas 6F allocated my allegiance with an awesomely alliterative alias.

Nasrin:
You guys can't vote for Susan, sillies. She's the judge, the overseer, the bestower of pointage.

So the safest bet ever you can not lose.

technically you can not win either but i mean with a picture like that she would get my vote :P

Gotta have the Tito's back here.

Get the grizzly faces on TEAM WON, you've got this!

I'm for the Overdogs, Mr. Butts always has my vote. Also doom. DOOOM! image

Imma vote for Team Won, it has Kross, thats all that was needed to persuade me

I still vote for Susan because she is just That. Damned. Good.

The Overdogs is a fun name, so I'll go with those guys. I guess.

GO OVERDOGS

Who will maintain the servers while Kross is busy? D:

You'd better have stocked up on extra hamster food to keep them going.

I'm going for team Lima/Kross...despite the lameness of the name they chose.
And only because I can't vote for Susan, since she seems to have already won, judging by that photo.
Still...Whoooooo! etc.

Susan Arendt alone is unfair. They should have found a way to split her into two teams. Team Susan and Team Arendt.

CounterAttack:
Alright, I'm in. But I'm assuming you know where to look for him, so I'll follow you.

*pack suddenly appears on back, sword at hip and pistol in holster*

On Topic: Eep. I don't wanna be on the wrong end of that banhammer... Overdogs it is. *puts on a replica of ThyNameIsMud's hat*

Alright, let's go!

*pulls out map and starts to walk off into the distance whilst epic music plays in the background*

*walks back*

Wrong direction.

*walks off into the distance in the other direction, epic music still playing in the background*

Tharwen:
Who will maintain the servers while Kross is busy? D:

Wait, does this mean that if Kross is busy and the severs aren't looked after, then if the servers crash we are able to legitimately blame Kross for something?

DAAAAAAAMN GURL THINGS JUST GOT REAL IN THE ESCAPIST PART OF THE HOOD!

I'm supporting the Overdogs! :D DOGS FOR THE OVERDOGS!

Well, this is tough. Do I back the ponies, or the team with an actual banhammer? Because in combat, I do not know which is stronger. Hmmm...

Nasrin:
SNIP

The Overdogs get my support due to thynameismud's sword/hat/facial expression combo. Besides, who's going to mess with the team that brought weapons. WEAPONS!

...I just have to say, I like that streamlined logo. Maybe because I just played three straight days of Skyrim with its modern font. But still.

I'm gonna root for 6F. How did they know alliteration was my weakness?!

Can that picture of Susan be made into a badge or something? It's powers of sheer joy and hilarity must be spread to the world.

Orange Monkey:
Can that picture of Susan be made into a badge or something? It's powers of sheer joy and hilarity must be spread to the world.

Possibly. We'll think about it. But what would we give it out for?

Susan Arendt:

Orange Monkey:

Perhaps something along the lines of not getting any warnings or comment reports in the forums for a preset time, maybe six months or so? Or doing some kind of service to The Escapist community, like contributing a news post or article?

Orange Monkey:

Susan Arendt:

Orange Monkey:

Perhaps something along the lines of not getting any warnings or comment reports in the forums for a preset time, maybe six months or so? Or doing some kind of service to The Escapist community, like contributing a news post or article?

Well, we already have badges for those sorts of things, but we'll think about it and maybe come up with something...special. :)

Susan Arendt:

Orange Monkey:

Susan Arendt:

Well, we already have badges for those sorts of things, but we'll think about it and maybe come up with something...special. :)

Well whatever you do with it I'm sure it will be great :)

Also: Hello! Hope you're having a good day :D

Hmmm, this looks fun (as internal office games usually are), but what are they competing for, and what form will the competition take? As a random Escapian I don't feel very informed except that there is a staff competition and these are the teams. How will the community be involved?

Susan Arendt:

The first thing that popped into my mind was something like that push the button joke here with justin bieber only with your pic as avatar

Dastardly:
[quote="Nasrin" post="6.322841.13220195"] I don't know... it's a little unfair that your team only has 3 1/2 members (sorry sprout). So, with that in mind, if there is another Nerf battle amongst the events, I'll offer my services modding your blasters. They won't know what hit them (literally. Concussions can cause memory loss.)

HAhahaha... funniest thing I've read today. For your information I'm not short, simply condensed, which only strengthens my powers of awesome. Ask anyone.

For the record s0osleepie only has an inch on me, we measured. Her team picture is just misleading. :P

picture proof: image

sprout:

Dastardly:
[quote="Nasrin" post="6.322841.13220195"] I don't know... it's a little unfair that your team only has 3 1/2 members (sorry sprout). So, with that in mind, if there is another Nerf battle amongst the events, I'll offer my services modding your blasters. They won't know what hit them (literally. Concussions can cause memory loss.)

HAhahaha... funniest thing I've read today. For your information I'm not short, simply condensed, which only strengthens my powers of awesome. Ask anyone.

For the record s0osleepie only has an inch on me, we measured. Her team picture is just misleading. :P (picture proof: http://gyazo.com/78f42fc1f565ec25a15cb5c0965a52d0.png )

Yeah, she's not short; she's just concentrated!

sprout:

Dastardly:
I don't know... it's a little unfair that your team only has 3 1/2 members (sorry sprout)...

For the record s0osleepie only has an inch on me, we measured. Her team picture is just misleading. :P (picture proof: http://gyazo.com/78f42fc1f565ec25a15cb5c0965a52d0.png )

And a mighty inch it is!! rawr!

Steve Butts:

Awesome condenses. #fact

"Wow, sarcasm! That's original!" :P

But okay, have it your way. The Overdogs have four proper members, one of whom is apparently made of super-dense dark matter or something. Just don't be shocked when your teammates use you to fuel their spaceship -- I'm not sure if that'll be the "awesome" you're looking for...

(Seriously, though, an inch? Was sleepie on stilts or something? Or are your inches just bigger in the Piedmont?)

Steve Butts:

I see... so in mid-competition, you're gonna, err... dump water on her to... unleash her True Power?

I kid, I kid. I love short people. My wife is a short people. She's okay, when she's not getting underfoot...

s0osleepie:

It is *ahem* a super-concentrated inch (while we are arbitrarily assigning inappropriate physical properties to everything).

Susan Arendt:

I want that picture on all of my valentines.

s0osleepie:

sprout:

Dastardly:
I don't know... it's a little unfair that your team only has 3 1/2 members (sorry sprout)...

Steve Butts:

Awesome condenses. #fact

Yeah well, for your information my yearly check up revealed that I grew a half inch this year! So in 2 years, you better watch out!

You're all forgetting just how important an inch is from a hobbit's perspective.

6F is going to win... my psychic abilities say so.... and my spider senses are tingling... either that or i have indigestion again.. GO 6F!!!

Sizzle Montyjing:
Shit just got REAL!
:P
I shall be looking foward to this battle of epic proportions... i expect lasers, explosions and flying diamond monkeys by sundown.

So many helicopter explosions. Almost too many but that, my friend, is impossible.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here