Critical Miss: Highlanders Anonymous

Pages PREV 1 2 3

And here I thought this was about the quickening that happens whenever you kill a dragon in Skyrim. Am I the only one shouts "THERE CAN BE ONLY OOONE!" whenever I absorb a dragon soul?

RedEyesBlackGamer:

Edit: Oh wait. Duncan? Yeah, nevermind.

Yeah, I was gonna say that if the sequels never happened, Duncan couldn't be the only one. But you caught it, so....

Ummm....

WE'RE THE PRINCES OF THE UNIVERRRRRRRSE!

BX3:

Tharwen:
Why is it good to point this out? Why do people do it? There are plenty of other things that you would get shouted at for taking completely literally like this, so why is this one exempt?

I just don't understand...

Dude, you've been here, judging from your join date for 2 years. Even I've figured out in my short time here that we here at the Escapist have no shortage in our reserves of stuff to get upset about. In fact, I'd argue you're in the wrong for getting so confused an not just accepting it yet.

But it's stuuupiiiiiiiiiid!

It's been happening for about 6 months and normally by this point in an opinion's life cycle there are more people trying to crush it than perpetuate it. This one is obviously tough, and requires more firepower.

Am I the only one who found the last panel kinda hot ?

Zachary Amaranth:
And in the end, even Duncan MacLeod was not the only one.

Yes he was. The sequels don't exist in my perfect world.

Aethren:

Yes he was. The sequels don't exist in my perfect world.

The last poster caught themselves, but you didn't. Yippee.

Duncan MacLeod existed in the sequels and TV series only. If the sequels didn't exist, neither did he, and he wasn't the only one.

Connor was the guy from the first movie.

Now, maybe you include the series, but then, the series ends with several immortals still alive, both MacLeods included, so Duncan is not the only one (And neither is Connor).

Never thought this would be an issue, because I figured anyone fixated enough on Highlander to even bother denying the sequels would at least know the name of the Highlander from Highlander (The movie).

Personally, I think Highlander only makes sense when you include the cartoon. >.>

It's always nice to get some feedback from the author...

And i think we get the joke about "am i the only one..." people...you can stop making jokes.
or am i the only one who thinks this?

hmmm, this is almost as bad as saying the word "cake" to a person who's played portal

I thought I'm the only one who noticed this!

Edit: Well, I clicked thru the thread and now I see I'm not the only one with jokes on this matter. Never mind.

I blame late night TV.

shoreleave:
Am I the only one who has inappropriate thoughts about Erin?

Would you bring her back to your room for a 'Rusty venture'? :P

Boba Frag:

shoreleave:

Nobody gives Rusty Ventures anymore. She looks like she would go for an Action Johnny anyway.

shoreleave:

Boba Frag:

shoreleave:

Nobody gives Rusty Ventures anymore. She looks like she would go for an Action Johnny anyway.

Oh, don't believe the hype...

Yeah, that sounds like Ms. Stout's kind of move alright... I imagine her editor is a regular practitioner.

Still nowhere near as rotten as a double frogman... *shudders*

Not the only one for sure but certainly rare... To the Planes... and beeyyooond!

Am I the only one that knows what I'm thinking right now?

The answer is, yes. Yes, I'm the only one that knows what I'm thinking right now.

And it has nothing to do with the college student in front of me with the cute butt and flat chest.

Wrong, I'm thinking about Jackson 5's single, "Blame it on the Boogie".

Am I the only one that got it right?

YES.

What with this being the internet this probably isn't the only time this has been said either.

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here