Miracle of Sound: The Grind (Gears of War 3)

Pages 1 2 NEXT

The Grind (Gears of War 3)

Grab your gear, grab your gun. Join the grind!

Watch Video

That was great! Loved the line from the Ballad of Clay Carmine inserted in there, and thought it was the perfect balance of sentimental and ass-kickery, just like the game. Three Gears songs, all of them awesome.

I don't even like Gears of War and this song makes me want to kick some locust's head in!

Really enjoyed this one, great job Gavin :D

Looking forward to the next encore too!

Great job, really great. Not much else I can say.

MiracleOfSound:

Watch Video

Ah yes, good song this week Miracle!

Not that the last one was bad but this one I enjoyed more and nice inserting of that one line from "Ballad of Clay Carmine" there as well. This song actually had a pretty good rock feel to it that didn't leave me with a headache like in the Duke Nuke'em song.

Any hints as to what you're going to do next? :D

Another awesome song, got shivers when listened to it for the first time. Also, made me really want to play the GoW series. Looks quite epic.
So, yeah. You've done it again, Gav!

You have made studying for Finals so much more bearable with this kickass song dude. You have my thanks.

That actually more metal than Gears of War

Although this song technically work for non-GoW situation especially if you want to a bunch of random spawning ennemy in order to level up :D

I concur. Wasn't a fan of Gears of War, yet this song was kickass. Gav, you never fail to impress.

Awesome, and I've never even played Gears. Loved the sound of the chorus.
Can we expect a Skyrim song in the future? :)

Love everything about this one, mate. Love the keyboard/synth in the verses, love the heavy, pounding beat and the guitars in the chorus, love the lyrics, and love the callback to one of my favourite songs ever. I have a feeling I'll be listening to this one a lot these next few days. :)

Also, I have to ask: Was that "Grind!!" you used on this track a sound file from the game, or was that actually you? In any case, the mental image of you wielding one of those Grinder gatling gun is kind of hilarious. ^^

That Ballad of Clay Carmine reference made the song for me.
You really know how to please the crowds.

I actually screamed YES! at the screen when I heard Clay Carmine.

You've really gone from great to bloody amazing recently. Keep at it!

It says Gears 3 but most of the footage looks like 2.
Either way, fun song though I preferred the second game to #3 for some reason.

Loved that callback to Ballad of Clay Carmine
Part of me wanted a more direct follow-up to Ballad, but that reference was still a really nice touch.
The scream at the end seems a little weird, as do the GRINDs, but other than that it was a great song. I really enjoyed the guitar work here. The video wasn't as good as previous ones (Black gold is still the best in my mind), but the music was really well done for the rock/metal vibe.

Wish I could join up, but I think I left my chainsawgun at the smithy while I was busy fighting dragons.

Erm... >.>
<.<
Ooops.

Love the song, full of energy at the right moments. This will get me through the day.

Awesome song Gavin you weaver of lyrical magic!

Three consecutive listenings and it is still awesome, great work Gavin!

And I don't even like Gears of War (far too macho space marine for my tastes).

Wow... Just... Wow!

How are you able to do so many musical styles so flawlessly?

Your guitar distortion is a little too muddy. But the song was good. Made me want to play gears.
And I didn't play any of em because I'm a pc elitist :P

Join the 9 to 5 grind. Love the grit of the song missed it since your fallout 3 title.Miracle of sound a great song how i thought you were going soft on me.

I dont believe i keep saying this but its true keep up the stupidly awesome work my friend

If it wasn't for the overly muscled characters is crappy armour, constant swearing and obnoxiousness and grindy gameplay, I could probably get into and enjoy the Gears of War series.

Great song as usual.

Awesome song! Fits perfectly with the Gears of War feel. Thank God you didn't go with something that is pretentious crap like this:

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!! Keep it up!

-Torchedini-:
Your guitar distortion is a little too muddy.

That's the way I like it - not a fan of biting, harsh guitars. I like a warm, old school sound!

MiracleOfSound:

Watch Video

I'm gonna be honest here, I was starting to wonder if you were capable of making songs with rough rock sections that were as good as your calmer songs.

Well shit, I don't have to wonder anymore

Well done, As I said in a PM to you once, my favorite part of most of your songs is when you use calm sections to build excitement, my favorite part of this song was right around 1:30, you really are a master at the technique of building tension.

It's amazing, you aways make good songs. You are my favorite musician(Right word?).

I don't have much to say besides this, you're awesome, loved the song, and keep up the good work.

Now you just need to petition to have this song replace the Ice T one that plays during the credits, eh? ;)

Nice work, as always, Gav.

It took me a full 5 seconds to realize I was going to enjoy this. Grind. Heh love it.

I've never watched these vids before so sorry if this sounds a bit stupid but I really can't tell if the songs are meant as piss take "lonely island" kind of catchy song or a not so serious tie in homage or an attempt at a proper song to be taken seriously that's a homage. If you get what I mean.....

I liked it but i'm not sure I was supposed to like it the way I liked it, thought I got it but then some of the comments + some of the other vids have thrown me

Jedihunter4:
I've never watched these vids before so sorry if this sounds a bit stupid but I really can't tell if the songs are meant as piss take "lonely island" kind of catchy song or a not so serious tie in homage or an attempt at a proper song to be taken seriously that's a homage. If you get what I mean.....

They're all different - some of them are serious (Redemption Blues, The New Black Gold) and others are piss-takey (Zombie Holiday, Trip To Vegas)

Sonicron:

Also, I have to ask: Was that "Grind!!" you used on this track a sound file from the game, or was that actually you? In any case, the mental image of you wielding one of those Grinder gatling gun is kind of hilarious. ^^

Ha, nah I just did it myself and then pitch-shifted the vocal down to sound like a Grinder (same way they do it in the game)

I must admit, the song seemed to be lacking in certain areas, but I think that's just me. After hearing that awesome guitar riff in the beginning I expected more from the rest. Oh well.

A good homage to the game though.

Loved it. Look man I know we should be talking about this song which as I said, I loved. I just can't wait to see what you are going to do with Skyrim.......Or Rim Sky as my freinds are calling it. Loved that you brought the rock this week, keep them coming.

The Grind... ya that is how the game feels to play, but the song is awesome :D

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or