No Right Answer: Lethal Weapon Vs. Die Hard

Pages PREV 1 2

6SteW6:
Die hard man. Always pick Die hard regardless if it's an option or not.

Die Hard, the Bacon of action movies.

The above is what Kyle should have used for his spit take gambit.

Die Hard is the right answer though.
And I love Lethal Weapon.

Lethal Weapon wins easily.

Mel Gibson chokes a guy to death with his feet while hanging from the ceiling by his arms. Enough said I think.

This is why every Xmas, I dig out the boxed sets for Lethal Weapon and Die Hard - both are suited for Cmas, being originally set at that time of year and what could be better than some mayhem, involving blood all over the snow?

The reason I'd give it to Die Hard over Lethal Weapon - Bruce Willis is one star of the films on his own. Lethal Weapon would have been shit with just Mel Gibson or Danny Glover. After Mad Max set him up, Mel Gibson was made with the Lethal Weapon series and he blew it on that Passion of the Christ turd and his anti-Semitic rants. I don't want to tempt providence, by suggesting that Bruce Willis can do no wrong, but I've not heard that he wants to get into the director's chair.

With John McClane, any day is "A Good Day to Die Hard". I can't see any more Lethal Weapon movies coming, because:
a) Danny Glover is too old for this shit (65)
b) Mel Gibson pissed off the Jews
c) Rene Russo is too old for this shit (57)
d) Everyone seems to have moved on.

I don't put my head in my hands that Die Hard is coming back - I rejoice. If Lethal Weapon came back, I think I'd cry, because it would be a sad end to a series that can only progress by digging up the dead horse, flogging it, to try and milk some cash out of it and then burying it again after a lavish ceremony. They had their happy ever after.

Die hard, by a whisker.

John McClain Killed a Helicopter with a car.

Also Beat the theme song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTyw6cq86kY

RTR:
I couldn't have asked for a better intro.

Now that I thinkg about it, having Alan Rickman as a second dad would be awesome. Also, I didn't know he was Jafar.

That's because he wasn't Jafar. Jonathan Freeman was Jafar.

Jeremy Irons of Die Hard 3 did play Scar in the Lion King, however.

ZPowers:

RTR:
I couldn't have asked for a better intro.

Now that I thinkg about it, having Alan Rickman as a second dad would be awesome. Also, I didn't know he was Jafar.

That's because he wasn't Jafar. Jonathan Freeman was Jafar.

Jeremy Irons of Die Hard 3 did play Scar in the Lion King, however.

As a matter of fact, I did know about Jeremy Irons. Thanks

It's not that kyle isn't a good debater, it's that he's not as funny. Or, that the scoring system is sort of stupid. Dan got 3 points and he didn't even make a point. All you need to do is interrupt and talk the most and you'll get a bunch of points, they need a better system.

Anyone here play that ancient Diehard trilogy game for the PS1? It was one of my first games and I loved it. It had split the movies into 3 games, one was a time crisis style shootng game, the other was a driving game and the last one was a 3rd person shooter where you climbed a tower....ah...so much fun I had with that thing.

Really? Leathal weapon over Die Hard? This HAS to be trolling. I'm biting, but this is too wrong to even exist!

To be honest, Mel Gibson's South Park cameo's are among the best. But yeah, he's beyond now, along with Gary Busey.

Man I love this show.

point for lethal weapon: it had a song by george harrison in it

Die hard is the best, 2 & 4 were pretty lame, but the villains in 1 & 3 were good, and they matched well with the character John McClain is. That's right, the villains matched, when do we ever see that? Die Hard wins, they even did the right thing in no 3 when they brought Samuel L Jackson in so that John wouldn't go stale. Also, I can't marathon Lethal Weapon movies; but I can marathon die hard.

Is the link to the podcast dead? I get the "account suspended" screen...

Did I miss the part where they talked about the movies? Why did you spend the whole video talking about sequels and the various actors' careers?

I know that this is hella late - but you wanna know the one true winner of this whole debate?
Al Leong.
He stole a chocolate bar from the entrance of Nakatomi Plaza while looking out of place amidst the buff Germans, he tortured Mel Gibson, and he got killed in a glorious manner on screen by both main characters in both films.
I honestly find it disappointing that he wasn't mentioned at all during the debate.
I mean...Lethal Weapon and Die Hard basically paved the way for him to become THE Asian henchman.

Ok, I've watched a bunch of these videos tonight and the guy on the left with the beard (Chris I think his name is) has won every one of them, and quite a few on very shaky ground. That seems very fishy to me.

he may be a lethal weapon, but that doesn't matter if you cant be killed!!!!!

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here