Trailers: SSX - Tricky Trailer

SSX - Tricky Trailer

Apparently snowboarding can get "Tricky".

Watch Video

So this is what happens when you make a 90s game with current generation graphics.

I've never played an SSX game before but I'm looking forward to this one (though not because of this trailer).

Father Time:
So this is what happens when you make a 90s game with current generation graphics.

I've never played an SSX game before but I'm looking forward to this one (though not because of this trailer).

SSX isn't a 90s game. The first came out in 2000 and the popularity of the series peaked in 2003 with SSX 3. I've had 3, 4 and the Wii one. 3 and 4 were excellent, but the Wii one had really awful controls and all the courses were all recycled from 3 and 4. This game does seem to be reminiscent of the third game with a current generation edge to it. Can't wait for it!

Scrustle:

Father Time:

SSX isn't a 90s game. The first came out in 2000

Close enough.

This trailer is awesome, I hope they release a demo for the game soon. Also, I love the dub mix for the trailer it fits the game.

wheres the hawaii course?

shadowstriker86:
wheres the hawaii course?

Hoping they bring that back as well as some classic characters.

Scrustle:
Snip

Come on man, you didn't even have the best SSX game.

Also I see no reason to buy this. I still have my copy of SSX Tricky somewhere around the house,

RanD00M:

Scrustle:
Snip

Come on man, you didn't even have the best SSX game.

Also I see no reason to buy this. I still have my copy of SSX Tricky somewhere around the house,

I agree, I still have a black and white television because I saw no reason to get a new one.

Incidentally I still use candles as I don't see the point in lightbulbs.

I'm glad to have met someone of a like mind.

I only ever had SSX 3, but I do remember loving it to bits. I might feel inclined to pick this up at some point.

That was great... nothing but an homage to the first couple of games. Anyone who's played the first few caught a few ubertricks that made you go 'Dude, I remember that one!'

Glad to see them throwing a few easter eggs out there like this. Gonna make playing it all the sweeter.

Its nice to see that they're taking the series in a more realistic direction. The SSX games were just getting too ridiculous. Thankfully this will give us the real, sim-snowboarding experience.

This is seriously awesome. I played SSX tricky to death, that game was simply fantastic. So glad that they're going back to their totally nuts roots again.

It seems to me that some of those characters in the trailer are updated versions of some of the Tricky characters. That dude with the headband and the fro-tastic hair has to be Eddy. He was even doing Eddy's worm move on his board!

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here