LoadingReadyRun: The Whole Story: Desert Bus

Pages 1 2 NEXT

The Whole Story: Desert Bus

Learn the length and breadth of this horrible game's history.

Watch Video

D:

You guys shouldn't have mentioned the bug crushing thing. You know someone is going to post that as a challenge now.

This was hilarious.

I salute you, brave Soldiers of the Desert Bus.

A quick break from Desert Bus t watch this, and was not disappointed. I love the Whole Story. Another great video and now back to watching you all suffer. Mwahaha

Tharwen:

D:

You're not the only one, bro. Hell, I get this nearly every time I try to watch an Escapist video here at school. Must be my school's firewall.

The Whole Story: Still too accurate to be shown on the History Channel

Also, I am very disappointed that no one at LLR has had bugs pressed into their eyes as of yet.

Best stinger ever

Tharwen:
*snipped*

D:

TLS14:
*snipped again*

You're not the only one, bro. Hell, I get this nearly every time I try to watch an Escapist video here at school. Must be my school's firewall.

If you're using an older version of a browser, update it, I was holding on to an older version of Firefox, the newest version clears that right up

But, "There's no stinger this week. Because, 'Desert Bus.'" is, in fact, a stinger. This will be known henceforth as the "Desert Bus" paradox, and trouble great minds for ages to come.

High quality stream not found. Guess it's back to standard quality ground pounding.

PS. Do I hear the music from the Graphs video in there?

'Augustus Rules, And the Rest Are Tools!' Good video guys!

Tharwen:

D:

Yeah, high quality stream is geborken for me too.:(

TLS14:

Tharwen:
D:

An oddly specific firewall, letting the site but not the video server through. If you copy the URL out and paste it into your browser does it come up as a page reading "File not found" or do you get a warning page from your school's proxy (or whatever it normally does)?

Fayathon:
If you're using an older version of a browser, update it, I was holding on to an older version of Firefox, the newest version clears that right up

Formica Archonis:
snip

File not found. The proxy has never refused The Escapist from what I've seen.

Sometimes the site gets loaded oddly, though, with elements in the wrong places or the formatting missing, and the stream errors happen on each video for a day or two before never happening again.

I used to get these kinds of errors when my home PC was running Firefox 3, though. I think that using Firefox 4 might clear things up, like Fayathon said. I'll edit this post with my result in a bit.

EDIT: It works now! Thanks, guys!

I don't think "Stream not found" is a problem on our end. At least not if all the other videos are working for you. When it happens, it's always with newly released videos and they usually fix it in a few hours.

Tharwen:

D:

Should be fixed, sorry.

That meta stinger has to be one the best ones yet, quite comical!

Yal:
I don't think "Stream not found" is a problem on our end. At least not if all the other videos are working for you. When it happens, it's always with newly released videos and they usually fix it in a few hours.

Well, it's fixed now. Perhaps it really IS on The Escapist's end. And you know what?

Kross:
Should be fixed, sorry.

I blame you. :P

Yal:

I have the 'stream not found' message all the time. But i tracked it to my work's security system. Any file that has to be downloaded will be checked by a proxy server first, then sent over to the requesting PC. Since Escapist uses flash to serve full MP4 files instead of a true stream, it acts like a file download. Then the flash application times out while the incoming file is being vetted.

I got around this problem by copying the full text of the 'stream not found' message, extracting the full url and entering that into my browser. Bypasses the flash application and is a true file download. Then i just save it to my desktop and play it with MPC.

Not saying that this will fix the problem, but extracting the video URL can't hurt.

If anything deserved an episode like this, Desert Bus is it.

The history of August is revealed! XD

TLS14:
Sometimes the site gets loaded oddly, though, with elements in the wrong places or the formatting missing, and the stream errors happen on each video for a day or two before never happening again.

Well, that's odd. At least some of that has to be on your end, though.:/

Ne1butme:
I have the 'stream not found' message all the time. But i tracked it to my work's security system. Any file that has to be downloaded will be checked by a proxy server first, then sent over to the requesting PC. Since Escapist uses flash to serve full MP4 files instead of a true stream, it acts like a file download. Then the flash application times out while the incoming file is being vetted.

I'm glad they do. It makes things far easier for me, as streams are not a good idea on my company's network (long ugly story). Large binaries, though, I have to download as a matter of my job, so....

Formica Archonis:

TLS14:

Well, that's odd. At least some of that has to be on your end, though.:/

That's the school district's firewall, no doubt. I've never gotten formatting errors at home.

Yeah, seems legit.

And aye, waffles! <3

I love you guys so much. This was so funny in the beginning, which is par for me and any history shows because I always turn off the tv once it hits modern times.

Once again, I lost my soda at the Egyptian and Roman parts.

Why can't I keep my soda in while watching you guys?!

I'm sorry, but there is one thing and one thing only I can focus on during these videos:

Paul's eyebrows

If any of the LRR crew browses the comments and sees this, please don't tell Paul I said this. And if Paul is reading the comments, I'm sorry, but your eyebrows.... they frighten me. They dance so hypnotically, yet they seem to be hiding dark, terrible secrets within their bushy folds, as if they're some kind of facial-hair succubi that have latched on to the fizzog of an unwitting host and now masquerade as strips of furry brown felt, twisting balletically above his eye sockets.

Creeping sensations of eyebrow-induced dread aside, however, I find the dry, factual delivery of the completely surreal in these videos completely hilarious. Keep it up.

Now I know the whole story of one of the GREATEST GAMES EVER.

It's funny because it's true.

Wait a minute...

I finally tore myself lose from Desert Bus to go to bed and then i see this posted here.

Despite no luck at the auctions and none of my challenge suggestions being accepted it's still a delight to watch.

I'm amazed there even was an LRR on the Escapist this week seeing how much work appears to have gone into Desert Bus (even more than previous years).

I love how Paul spent the whole video moving left along a road in the desert.

Oh shit, the company van I drive runs on diesel fuel! Remind me not to go to Ancient Egypt! I can't afford the fuel there!!

I watched this while watching Desert Bus. If only I was playing Desert Bus at the same time.

Ah, it makes so much sense. No wonder everyone I know has a Sega CD and plays it more than everything else.

I have learned so much from The Whole Story episodes. They should become standard teaching materials in all public schools.

need more Whole Story videos...so much about this world I never knew about
or at least the truth! I must know!!

Now if the Desert Bus for Hope stream wasn't broken I could actually see what was happening.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here