Zero Punctuation: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

trollpwner:

Markunator:

Patronizing me and telling me to "GTFO" isn't going to make me GTFO, I'm afraid. I don't really see how I have been "screaming" here. My point is simply that Battlefield 3 and Modern Warfare 3 are not the same game. When looking at the multiplayer, they're not even all that similar.

Oh, and as for evidence: watch some gameplay videos of Modern Warfare 3's multiplayer, then watch some gameplay videos of Battlefield 3's multiplayer. There's your evidence.

Also, did you not see the post in which I listed several differences between the two games? Again, learn to read.

Bleh, bleh, bleh. Spare me.

Hey, guess what? I looked at the two on youtube? And you know what? They're both almost exactly the same. Oh, what's that? I'm a moron that doesn't know how to watch a video? Because I don't immediately parrot your opinion? I'm a Yahtzee zombie? [Hey, that sounds like a nice mod for CoD...]

But that's all your opinion! Just like your "several differences" between the games that I didn't "learn to read" because I didn't immediately declare you right! Once again, you have nothing but your opinion to back up anything you say. You are here just to demand that everyone in the world love battlefield just because you do, instead of just accepting that people will sometimes dislike things you like.

Fine. Go ahead. Troll if you want. In fact, I'll help you! I'll get a bunch of bots to state opinions you don't like and immediately say what you want them to when you yell your opinions at them! Yeah, that should do it! If I do that, can you leave the humans who want intelligent and logical conversations alone? kthnxbi

I think it's pretty obvious who the immature troll here really is. I'm not "demanding" anything, I'm just trying to explain the differences between the two games. Battlefield 3 has 64-player multiplayer, enormous maps, vehicles, destruction, classes and teamwork. These are all things that Modern Warfare 3 does, in fact, not have. But if you want to insist that they still look exactly the same for whatever reason, go right ahead. But just so you know, you don't have anything to back up your opinion, either. At least I haven't seen it yet.

Markunator:

I think it's pretty obvious who the immature troll here really is. I'm not "demanding" anything, I'm just trying to explain the differences between the two games. Battlefield 3 has 64-player multiplayer, enormous maps, vehicles, destruction, classes and teamwork. These are all things that Modern Warfare 3 does, in fact, not have. But if you want to insist that they still look exactly the same for whatever reason, go right ahead. But just so you know, you don't have anything to back up your opinion, either. At least I haven't seen it yet.

Oh, hey. More endless, unqaulified facts, demanding that everyone bow down and worship your perceptions of CoD and Battlefield 3, nothing we haven't seen bef-WAIT!

So....you're asking me to qualify my opinions? O.K.

You want proof that you're only here to demand that everyone accept your almighty opinion?
Your profile. You have only posted 22 times. All of which have either been in the ZP review of Battlefield 3 or Modern Warfare 3. If that's not proof that you're only here to defend your precious, infallible franchise from the nasty morons who got their opinions "wrong", I don't know what is.

As an extra, it is worth noticing, that when I came to this forum and posted to someone else about games I liked without saying a word against battlefield 3 you jumped on the post like greased lightning. Do you really have nothing better to do?

Markunator:

Having any of those things would be counterproductive to the kind of game that Battlefield 3 is trying to be. It can't possibly have those things in it and still be a true sequel to Battlefield 2. Judge a game for what it is, not for what it never intended to be. It's supposed to be a fairly realistic game, mind you.

I'm talking to someone else and you immediately leap in on a tangent and start defending how good Battlefield 3 is, without considering that we're not really interested in talking about it. You come on and attack any opinion not lavishing love on Battlefield 3 and say how it should be.

Secondly, you're asking I prove that your opinions are unqaulified. Let's look at what you've said here.

Battlefield 3 has 64-player multiplayer, enormous maps, vehicles, destruction, classes and teamwork. These are all things that Modern Warfare 3 does, in fact, not have.

None of that is backed up with proof. In any case, even though videos may well prove you right about these differences existing. You still haven't said how they make any real difference. (But don't tell me how it makes a difference in the slightly different styles of grey-brown cover-based shooting you experience. I really couldn't care less.)

But my problem, rather than the games themselves, is the way that you have declared the opinions of others worthless just because they're not yours. Remember that reel of your posts that mindlessly criticized other members for daring to disagree with you? Here it is, and every one is still just as valid as when I posted it. You just say that they are wrong for disagreeing with you. You don't qualify your statements or try to engage in reasonable conversation about how far it is reasonable to trash Battlefield 3, you just flat-out demand they take your side or be forever more an "idiot".

So cut it out. You have a right to opinion and all that shizz, but when you start showing up on a website for the sole purpose of mindlessly defending a game and abusing anyone who dares to say anything bad about it, you are crossing the line. You need to accept that some people are going to dislike Battlefield 3 and stop jumping down the throats of all those who dare oppose your masterful opinion. If you want to ask that people stop Calling BF3 and MW3 the same game, do it respectfully.

trollpwner:

Battlefield 3 has 64-player multiplayer, enormous maps, vehicles, destruction, classes and teamwork. These are all things that Modern Warfare 3 does, in fact, not have.

None of that is backed up with proof. In any case, even though videos may well prove you right about these differences existing. You still haven't said how they make any real difference. (But don't tell me how it makes a difference in the slightly different styles of grey-brown cover-based shooting you experience. I really couldn't care less.)

What you wrote here doesn't make any sense at all. What exactly is it that you want me to say here? If you don't see how any of those things make a difference, then I don't know what to say to you. What do you mean when you say "But don't tell me how it makes a difference in the slightly different styles of grey-brown cover-based shooting you experience"? What? I just cannot make sense out of that sentence, you're going to have to explain that to me.

So cut it out. You have a right to opinion and all that shizz, but when you start showing up on a website for the sole purpose of mindlessly defending a game and abusing anyone who dares to say anything bad about it, you are crossing the line. You need to accept that some people are going to dislike Battlefield 3 and stop jumping down the throats of all those who dare oppose your masterful opinion. If you want to ask that people stop Calling BF3 and MW3 the same game, do it respectfully.

Don't talk to me like you know me. The reason I've been posting a lot is to inform people of the differences between Battlefield 3 and Modern Warfare 3 are, to explain what sets Battlefield 3 apart from other shooters, to explain why I and many others think it is okay for Battlefield 3 to be sold entirely on its multiplayer and to let everyone know that perhaps they shouldn't critisize something that they know very little about, just because Yahtzee (who doesn't even play multiplayer) doesn't like it.

I have never pretended to have a "masterful opinion". People on this board treat each other like absolute dogshit, but when I post some spiteful comments that are not in agreement with what Yahtzee says, then I'm "crossing a line"? Yeah, that makes sense.

Stop being so upset just because I called someone an idiot, Jesus. Almost no one else on this board (including you) is respectful, so please, don't just call me out for not being respectfulall the time. I actually think I have been relatively respectful most of the time. I just find it hard to be nice to someone who says that these two games are the same, because it's obvious that they don't know WTF they're talking about. (I have already explained the differences between the two games, so don't even bother saying again that I don't have any proof. It's getting old.)

Markunator:

What you wrote here doesn't make any sense at all. What exactly is it that you want me to say here? If you don't see how any of those things make a difference, then I don't know what to say to you. What do you mean when you say "But don't tell me how it makes a difference in the slightly different styles of grey-brown cover-based shooting you experience"? What? I just cannot make sense out of that sentence, you're going to have to explain that to me.

Hey! More proof that you demand anyone who says a bad opinion about BF3 "explains" it. And by that I mean "make it what you want". Can you just not let it slide that I might not like this game? Does that really kill you, the fact that I don't think exactly how you do?

Markunator:

trollpwner:

Don't talk to me like you know me.

K. How about I talk like I've gathered large amounts of information on you because you just can't seem to shut up? Sorry.

Markunator:
The reason I've been posting a lot is to inform people of the differences between Battlefield 3 and Modern Warfare 3 are, to explain what sets Battlefield 3 apart from other shooters, to explain why I and many others think it is okay for Battlefield 3 to be sold entirely on its multiplayer and to let everyone know that perhaps they shouldn't critisize something that they know very little about, just because Yahtzee (who doesn't even play multiplayer) doesn't like it.

I have never pretended to have a "masterful opinion". People on this board treat each other like absolute dogshit, but when I post some spiteful comments that are not in agreement with what Yahtzee says, then I'm "crossing a line"? Yeah, that makes sense.

Oh the irony. I'd tell you to "learn to read" but I already established that that's a stupid argument.

Oh wait, no it isn't. Read this, genius:

READ IT READ IT READ IT READ IT:

But my problem, rather than the games themselves, is the way that you have declared the opinions of others worthless just because they're not yours. Remember that reel of your posts that mindlessly criticized other members for daring to disagree with you? Here it is, and every one is still just as valid as when I posted it. You just say that they are wrong for disagreeing with you. You don't qualify your statements or try to engage in reasonable conversation about how far it is reasonable to trash Battlefield 3, you just flat-out demand they take your side or be forever more an "idiot".

Remember this? The point you have so tactfully been totally ignoring up until now and throughout all your posts? You haven't reasoned with people when asking they judge BF3 by multiplayer or don't just take Yahtzee's word. You have only stated your opinion and flat-out demand that they accept it. It doesn't matter who is saying what, but you need to recognize opinions. If someone likes a food I don't, no amount of telling them how much I enjoy it works and the same for games. For instance,I don't like Battlefield, O.K.? Deal with it. That's not going to change, no matter what you say. If someone doesn't like Battlefield 3, just ignore them and move on. And don't just reply with "you're wrong and stupid because I say so". And yes, I do have examples of you doing that.

Markunator:
Stop being so upset just because I called someone an idiot, Jesus. Almost no one else on this board (including you) is respectful, so please, don't just call me out for not being respectfulall the time.

Whaaaaaaaa-? I don't even.... So, it's not all right for me to dislike you being rude to people and calling you out on this. This is disrespectful. And critically dissecting your argument based on logic rather than opinion is being rude. Apparently, everyone on these forums are "disrespectful" (according to you, anyway) and this gives you the right to be disrespectful. O.K......

Markunator:
I actually think I have been relatively respectful most of the time.

Well who is this "immmature troll Yahtzee drone" to complain?

Markunator:
I just find it hard to be nice to someone who says that these two games are the same, because it's obvious that they don't know WTF they're talking about. (I have already explained the differences between the two games, so don't even bother saying again that I don't have any proof. It's getting old.)

So, you declare me an idiot for daring to dislike Battlefield or saying that it's like CoD. There are literally millions out there who do the same. Deal with it. The entire universe does not bend itself to your will. And that's why I'm going to keep calling you out on only using your opinions as a reason why other people's arguments are "wrong". No, someone who makes logical connections isn't "wrong" just because you dislike what they're saying. So please stop this. You are honestly just embarrassing yourself and you can't achieve anything because

So could you please just go now and stop wasting everyone's time.

So, you declare me an idiot for daring to dislike Battlefield or saying that it's like CoD.

For daring to dislike it? No. For saying it's like CoD? Yes. And I have already explained why that is.

But you're right, I think I probably should leave. No one is going to want to listen to any defense I bring to Battlefield 3 anyway; they'll just say that I can't accept someone else's opinion. Yahtzee insults his audience constantly, but when I happen to call someone an idiot (well, they might not be idiots, only willfully ignorant), then I need to GTFO. Again, makes perfect sense.

I don't mind people disliking Battlefield 3 if they have actually played it. What I do mind is them disliking it just because Yahtzee said it sucks, as well as them thinking that anyone who likes it for its multiplayer is an idiot who is dragging the entire gaming medium down, which seems to be the general consensus on this and other related boards. And that, I am not okay with. Know something about the game before you criticize it. That's it. Peace.

So..... they will grow up to be president and nuke some countries because the game told them it will be fun to do so or because the games are so utterly boring that they forever mark the impression on the players that games will never be fun anymore and had to make a World War 3 just to have fun or at least die in the most glorious way possible?

My physical body sometimes reacts whenever I'm having an overly effectual experience, whether negative or positive. For example, I vomited for the first time in years when I played the Dragon Age II demo, and I was extremely energetic despite 4 hours of sleep every night for a week when Deus Ex 3 came out.

I was invited to a friend's house to play video games one day. The only splitscreen game he had was MW3. 4 or 5 Domination matches in, I fell asleep. No lie. Not kidding.

Another fun fact about this game: I was watching a review that was showcasing gameplay of MW2 instead of MW3 as a joke, and I legitimately thought it was MW3.

Just my thoughts.

wait a minute.....you dont nuke paris in BF3
you do that in MW3
you literally destroy the Eiffel Tower and watch as it falls down in a massive BOOM
and also a child does die but you dont see her die shes there then shes gone

Christ there's a lot of arguing going on here.
Anyway, did anyone else noticed that when you put Infamous under Battlefield 3 and Prototype under CODMW3 the covers look kind of similar? Especially the latter.

Counting, the ones he told us were:
MW3:2 BF3:2

Only if we knew what the shocking moment was

Patathatapon:
Counting, the ones he told us were:
MW3:2 BF3:2

Only if we knew what the shocking moment was, but i thought the shocking moment was

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here