Nice Guys Suck

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Nice Guy™ = Tool.

In my experience, Ive always gone for the "Quick And Painless" approach. See a girl you like? Ask her out. Literally, just say something like:

"Hi, I was wondering if you'd like to go see a movie _____ (insert day or "sometime")"

She says no = Move on. There's 2 girls for every guy in this country/planet so theres plenty to look for.

She says yes = Take her to dinner/show/theater/insert place of interest here.

I don't understand why some guys waste 2+ weeks trying to develop a friendship just to ask a girl on a date only to be shot down. It's insulting to both the girl and the guy, the guy for wasting his time and for the girl, making her think that you wanna be a friend and instead turn out to be what she doesn't want at the moment, a dick.

Imma give the same advice i've given my friends: Be yourself when you're with a girl, have confidence in yourself (that means EVERYTHING, speech, personality, looks, etc.) don't talk about your ex's/past loves, memorize a joke or 2 to make her laugh and be a gentlemen and open the door for her / pull the chair back at a table before she sits down. That's it.

I'm a nice guy with 14 relationships experience and currently in a 5 year relationship. (Told her that i dont wanna get married until i can afford to keep a roof over our heads, cali sucks for jobs right now, thankfully she understands)

Katatori-kun:

Combustion Kevin:
here's a question: Have you ever met a person that you can completely describe as nice?

Absolutely. I know several people I completely describe as nice. They have excellent social skills. They have the genuine ability to listen to anyone and make that person feel like whatever they have to say is interesting. They basically make every person they encounter feel like they are briefly the center of the nice person's world. And it is all completely sincere. Even if they don't like someone, you'll never no it, because they have the manners to never grouse, never complain, never bad-mouth someone behind their back, even if that's what everyone else in their peer-group is doing. They are unrelentingly kind and positive to anyone they meet. Personally, I think they are rather awe-inspiring.

I think you misunderstood me.
I meant: have you ever met a person that you can ONLY describe as nice?
as in, nothing to them but being nice.

Combustion Kevin:

Katatori-kun:

Combustion Kevin:
here's a question: Have you ever met a person that you can completely describe as nice?

Absolutely. I know several people I completely describe as nice. They have excellent social skills. They have the genuine ability to listen to anyone and make that person feel like whatever they have to say is interesting. They basically make every person they encounter feel like they are briefly the center of the nice person's world. And it is all completely sincere. Even if they don't like someone, you'll never no it, because they have the manners to never grouse, never complain, never bad-mouth someone behind their back, even if that's what everyone else in their peer-group is doing. They are unrelentingly kind and positive to anyone they meet. Personally, I think they are rather awe-inspiring.

I think you misunderstood me.
I meant: have you ever met a person that you can ONLY describe as nice?
as in, nothing to them but being nice.

Yeah, I would pretty much only describe these people I was thinking of as "nice". And unlike a lot of the apparently very desperate to judge in this thread (and Crigger herself) I don't see that as a bad thing. Naturally, if I was sexing either of these two people up, I would learn more about them and have more to describe them with. But one is married (to a man who is also incredibly nice) in a city I no longer live in and the other is a dude whom I work with but not closely so I wouldn't say we are friends.

So yes, nice people do actually exist, and thank God for that. Life would be a lot more mundane and disappointing if everyone was playing the game that a lot of the people who condemn nice guys are playing.

Fagotto:

PhiMed:

Fagotto:

I wonder what you're smoking because I didn't edit anything you said. Try again?

I don't smoke... anything.

Parsing is editing. Any person who has ever dealt in film, audio, or print of any kind will tell you that. But you probably didn't know that, so I'll just chalk it up to good old fashioned ignorance on your part.

Oh, so context is beyond you. See, 'editing' when talking about 'quotes' would imply I'm changing your words.

But cutting posts... well that's just addressing parts separately. But if it makes your brain hurt, then do run off.

Wrong.
Cutting posts, especially the line-by-line snarky style that you use, is not addressing parts separately. It's unforgivable laziness reserved for people who never learned how to properly compose an argument. If you don't know how to write in a way that directs your reader to opposing points, take a class or read a book on rhetorical composition. Until you do, there's really no difference between you and someone who writes everything they say in all caps.

PhiMed:

Fagotto:

PhiMed:

I don't smoke... anything.

Parsing is editing. Any person who has ever dealt in film, audio, or print of any kind will tell you that. But you probably didn't know that, so I'll just chalk it up to good old fashioned ignorance on your part.

Oh, so context is beyond you. See, 'editing' when talking about 'quotes' would imply I'm changing your words.

But cutting posts... well that's just addressing parts separately. But if it makes your brain hurt, then do run off.

Wrong.
Cutting posts, especially the line-by-line snarky style that you use, is not addressing parts separately.

Oh do feel free to prove that the parts are not addressed separately.

It's unforgivable laziness reserved for people who never learned how to properly compose an argument.

Laziness? Yes because it's necessarily so easy. Oh wait sorry, I forgot you were just whining because you wanted something to whine about to avoid the actual point and are not in fact making a serious point. Btw, people who know how to argue properly don't go crying about utterly irrelevant issues like this.

If you don't know how to write in a way that directs your reader to opposing points, take a class or read a book on rhetorical composition.

I know how. You're just avoiding the point because you have no valid retort.

Until you do, there's really no difference between you and someone who writes everything they say in all caps.

Right. Says the only guy so lazy he had to whine about the style I replied in instead of answering like myriad other people I've spoken to. But no, it's too hard for your... 'special' brain.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here