Trailers: Dizzy Prince of the Yolkfolk - Announcement Teaser

Dizzy Prince of the Yolkfolk - Announcement Teaser

Egg gameplay makes it to your smart phone.

Watch Video

Who wants to bet that Yahtzee will comment on this one?

Jikuu:

I did instantly wonder if this has any 'Fantasy world dizzy' roots.
No idea though!

Jikuu:

Oh there will be a mention, I'm sure.

So, Dizzy. You monster of my greatest nightmares. We meet again. We indeed meet again.

huh, I can already see the train wreck that is yahtzee's critique on that coming...

and it'll be glorious and hilarious.

Jikuu:

Making this comment was the whole reason I came here...

A jumping egg will save us, no, no it won't.

Surely I can't be the only one who played the Dizzy series as a kid and still has fond memories of it..? I've never bought anything on Android Market before, only ever got free apps, but this will be the first.

Gameplay reminded me of flash or one of those Zelda games on the 3DO. I don't own a smart phone so whatever.

Dizzy is awesome, hope this means the rest will soon follow. (the earlier ones are better)

Kenjitsuka:

Jikuu:

No idea though!

I'm pretty certain this game either actually came out on the old 8 and 16 bit systems, or was due to be released (previews in magazines etc) but got canned at the last minute. And it certainly looks like a fairly straight-up port (with upgraded graphics) of the old Dizzys... bit disappointing really. It's a fairly plain smartphone bandwagon jump. Can't blame them much, as that's where the money is and it minimises dev time, but all the same it'd have been nice to see it get a bit more modernisation than just the visuals.

Endocrom:
Looks like 3DO Zelda or a flash game

The gameplay of the original titles was basically identical to what you see here, but with more primitive graphics. It's more likely that Zelda and flash games have taken after that than the other way round - or it's convergent evolution for similar reasons (very little pixel pushing power on tap, this style makes the best use of what's available)

BTW, in the bottom right corner of my screen, there's an advert that is a SIX AND A HALF MINUTE VIDEO of some skinhead guys talking about "Noisey", whatever that is. THIS SHIT IS GETTING OUT OF HAND. If for no more reason than that of bandwidth - even if I was to pause that, it would still load in completely, and that's probably the better part of fifty megs of data. FOR A SINGLE ADVERT. Some of us are on limited data plans. Sort it out!
(just glad it's loaded muted by default because it, indeed, looks quite noisy)

Searched for and found:

Oh man! I had this game on my old Amiga 500! Showing my age a little bit there.

I am psyched!!

The Dizzy series were brilliant. Loved playing them whne i was little.

Kenjitsuka:

Jikuu:

No idea though!

My thoughts exactly

That trailer reminds me of the old days...right down to the sound of your Spectrum screeching like a flock of 56k banshees as it tried to load your tape.

Guess this is one for all us oldies out there! Good times! Memories of being stuck trying to collect that 30th diamond because I couldn't figure out how to get past that annoying goat...

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here