Trailers: Yakuza: Dead Souls - Character Trailer

Yakuza: Dead Souls - Character Trailer

Yakuza vs. Zombies? You've got my attention.

Watch Video

Akiyama is still awesome, liked him more than Kiryu in 4.

It might be cool, I'll keep an eye on it. Never been a huge fan of the Yakuza franchise due to all the editing and censorship that apparently goes on for the US releases. If this one makes it to the US uncut I might give it a shot. Sort of like someone made a video game out of the movie "Vs." I'm guessing.

I don't know anything about the characters being shown (I guess franchise fans would know who they are) but the snake eyepatch was just campy enough to convince me this has potential... and overlook the siliness of the guy with a minigun on one arm.

Oddly though, I thought Yakuza was a sort of sandbox brawler.. I'm surprised to see everyone carrying guns as opposed to destroying zombies Shaw Brothers style.

So this is finally making it to the West.

OuendanCyrus:
Akiyama is still awesome, liked him more than Kiryu in 4.

This. Spike Spiegel's VA Koichi Yamadera was a big help in my case. The guy just sweats charm and cool. Nice to see him get love from the Yakuza team too.

Therumancer:
It might be cool, I'll keep an eye on it. Never been a huge fan of the Yakuza franchise due to all the editing and censorship that apparently goes on for the US releases. If this one makes it to the US uncut I might give it a shot. Sort of like someone made a video game out of the movie "Vs." I'm guessing.

I don't know anything about the characters being shown (I guess franchise fans would know who they are) but the snake eyepatch was just campy enough to convince me this has potential... and overlook the siliness of the guy with a minigun on one arm.

Oddly though, I thought Yakuza was a sort of sandbox brawler.. I'm surprised to see everyone carrying guns as opposed to destroying zombies Shaw Brothers style.

They dropped the censoring and content cutting with 4. Some of the stuff in there was wild and indeed foreign to someone non-Japanese, but at least it was there.

I might get this. If only to get more Kiryu & Akiyama action.

Color me interested,

i will not get it on the first day (due to all the Games i already have)
but i hope this turns out good,

Also the guy with the Mini-Gun Arm...i want him on my side on the zombie outbreak

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here