No Right Answer: The Matrix vs. The Grid (Tron)

Pages 1 2 NEXT

The Matrix vs. The Grid (Tron)

Whether you're throwing discs at programs or getting ridiculous hang time on your face kicking, there's no denying that virtual worlds such as The Matrix and the Grid from Tron are awesome. In fact they're so awesome that we're going to compare them to see which one is awesome 2.0. Or, awesome reloaded. Or whatever.

Watch Video

Best final word ever! Olivia Wilde!

That was such an easy win for Tron.

The Matrix vs. The Grid (Tron)?
Phi, pussies.
Try really tough question:
Apples vs. Oranges?

Don't you have to be programmed to do all that crazy kung-fu shit for the Matrix anyways? Where as in Tron is pretty much standard?

I'll take Tron.

Olivia Wilde

Alan rickman really should be the bad guy for everything.

Also in Tron: Daft Punk as the DJ's always, Michael Sheen as... whatever the hell he was and ... In lieu of a third person to mention, Olivia Wild

Ah Mr. Anderson, our new celebrity
And sorry Jada, but we'd rather have the hot chick from the sequel that DIDN'T suck.

Alan Rickman was never in Tron - Sark was played by David Warner.

Alan Rickman was the METATRON!!!

END OF LINE.

LOL These guys were really top of their game for this one, I laughed so hard. A++ Would watch again.

as long as we ignore the second & third matrix, maybe it could compete. but i stll think tron comes out cooler.

IndianaJonny:
Alan Rickman was never in Tron - Sark was played by David Warner.

END OF LINE.

Yeah, I'm not sure where that came from. Except that Alan Rickman played Metatron. That's close enough, right?

I for one welcome our new evil overlord.

Also laughing out loud at a video is rare, you made it happen though. Great episode.

IndianaJonny:
Alan Rickman was never in Tron

But he should have been.

So he's more than and encompasses Tron?

chetoos:
Also in Tron: Daft Punk as the DJ's always, Michael Sheen as... whatever the hell he was and ... In lieu of a third person to mention, Olivia Wild

Michael Sheen was Castor/Zuse, the turncoat bar owner.

Err Kyle you do know that there were still civilian like program thingy in Tron Legacy? I rather be a normal civilian as oppose to be a light up civilian so can't sleep due to having lights everywhere. (Wait do they sleep.)

But yeah I got to agree with the whole Olivia Wilde point.

Quorra > Trinity

The alpha version of The Matrix is better than The Grid, seeing as it was all paradise and everything, but I think that it's true that the full release version of The Matrix is nowhere near as fun. Plus you only get the powers in The Matrix if you come out of it first, but in The Grid anyone can do that stuff! Just give yourself a patch and you can fly like an eagle! You can mod yourself! If you try to mod the Matrix then you get a permaban.

Zachary Amaranth:

So he's more than and encompasses Tron?

God's "mediator with men" , in part, encompasses security software? That's oddly appropriate.

Definitely the right victor, but as others have pointed out, Stark was played by David Warner not Alan Rickman.

Man the board is full of pedants.

Alan Rickman was good.

David Warner was better.

And BOTH Tron films were cool.

Matrix only got 1 in 3.

Heck yeah Tron is better.

The Daft Punk alone put it ahead and then the Dude and Olivia Wilde sealed the victory.

I love it, he won by name dropping Alan Rickman and Olivia Wilde.

Also, I had to pause the video and laugh at "It's like you're in a rave, that's an arcade. *thumbs up*"

DVS BSTrD:

chetoos:

Michael Sheen was Castor/Zuse, the turncoat bar owner.

I know who he was, I was just saying that I have no idea what character archetype he was supposed to be playing.

I know someone who would agree with the pro Alan Rickman sentiment but I imagine she is pro Alan Rickman for very different reasons

Hmmm, A Wii vs. an 80's arcade game?

A better question would have been Olivia Wilde vs. Alan Rickman?

I think this is the best episode yet! Can't go wrong with Alan Rickman and/or Olivia Wilde.

Olivia Wilde

Unfortunately when I think about which world I'd rather live in, the moment that Olivia Wilde image popped up, this discussion was over.
So yeah. Tron Wins because Olivia Wilde.

Wow I entered thread about to full on support the Matrix until I heard Olivia Wilde.

You win again internet.

Chris, you disappoint me terribly. Not only do you choose the wrong side of the argument, but you fail to lose the debate on it's merits. As everyone has pointed out, it doesn't matter how good an argument "Alan Rickman" is -- he's not in any of the movies being discussed.

Now, a more reasonable way to resolve this would be to debate the relative merits of David Warner (the person you presumably thought was Alan Rickman) and Hugo Weaving. Do a little research and get back to us on that.

Either that or a critical analysis of how good the first movies were compared to how much the sequels sucked. (Olivia would be the "Wilde" card in that debate.)

Clearly, the best digital world.....is that of Digimon.

Nuff said.

Weirdly enough one of the faceless agents in the first Matrix movie was played by Paul Goddard, who plays Stark on Farscape, which is a character in Tron 2 played by Michael Sheen. Don't know if this is going anywhere but I always thought that was funny for some reason.

And second I preferred Switch over Trinity (you know the one in white in the original Matrix, Belinda McClory). I was so sad when they just killed her like that.

Still...

Olivia Wilde

In spite of the red herring that is Alan Rickman (though yes, David Warner who he probably thought was Alan Rickman was still amazing in the original), I think Kyle wins via Waffle House. We forget that while everybody in Tron is at least awesome and glowy if not cyber Jesus, most people in the Matrix have just as sucky lives as most regular people and are not Keanu Reeves.

Come ON!
Matrix should've won the day easily.

Alan Rickman for villain of EVERY movie EVARRR tho!

Qitz:
Don't you have to be programmed to do all that crazy kung-fu shit for the Matrix anyways? Where as in Tron is pretty much standard?

I'll take Tron.

Olivia Wilde

Agreed.

Goddamn, Olivia Wilde should have played Catwoman in the new Batman film. She has a very feline look about her.

But noooooo, we got Anne Hathaway, devourer of worlds, owner of the biggest face in the universe.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here