Escape to the Movies: The Sitter

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

The Sitter

Would you really trust this guy to look after your kids?

Watch Video

Why do they kill everything i love T_T spare the stooges

Wow.. that Stooges movie looks.. I can't even think of a word because every one that comes to mind just doesn't express the pure horribleness it requires.

The Sitter really does look postively great in comparison.

I'm sorry nothing good came out this week Bob

Bob, I adore you. And I never question your opinion. But why the hell would you pick a braindead movie like this over a movie based on probably the best spy thriller ever. I was looking forward to the Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy review so much. Ah well, now I have to read some mediocre reviews.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought that movie (Stooges) looks terrible. Hollywood, please, please just stop. I hope Tin Tin doesn't suck...

Okay, I apparently have no clue what the Stooges are really about because I don't know what's so terrible about that movie trailer. I thought they were SUPPOSED to be a bunch of slapstick humor guys with funny accents.
Is it maybe the sexist undertone or the fact that the Stooges only trouble other people?

My response to the stooges trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOxt9PoJNkg

I'm getting quite sick of these stupid "comedy" movies that just seem to revolve around a fat guy/fat guy with a beard getting hit or just screaming at things. I seriously havn't seen a recent com-flick that I've actually liked.

obliterate:
Bob, I adore you. And I never question your opinion. But why the hell would you pick a braindead movie like this over a movie based on probably the best spy thriller ever. I was looking forward to the Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy review so much. Ah well, now I have to read some mediocre reviews.

Well he did say "Remotely Relevant" and the Cold War is pretty much passe, no matter how many copies Modern Warfare sold.

I'm not really familiar with the Stooges (sure, I know about them, but never really seen any actual stuff by them, doesn't strike as the kind of comedy I like), so I'm not really apalled at that, but it seems even more unneeded than most remakes.

Since there doesn't seem to be any need to make comedy like that up-to-date, since the old stuff works just as well now it did back then.

I assume.

jFr[e]ak93:
I hope Tin Tin doesn't suck...

I wouldn't say it sucks, but it's filled with way too much non-stop action and running around, with no character development or slow moments that build up to something.

Three Stooges Movie...

WTF! Bob's reaction to it is VERY appropriate.

Ok first thing, WFH with the three stooges update? What's next a updated film verson to Laurel and Hardy or Charlie Chaplin??? (Don't you dare touch them Hollywood!)

I never heard of this film until now and from your review it look like it was for the best that I was unaware of it.

I was hoping you would have brought up director David Gordon Green and the change between his dramas and comedies.

D'oh well.

I can think of worst. Jack and Jill. Probably the worst movie of 2011.

jFr[e]ak93:
I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought that movie (Stooges) looks terrible. Hollywood, please, please just stop. I hope Tin Tin doesn't suck...

As a European who already got to see the movie and grew up on Tin Tin comics back in the day, I can safely say I was not disappointed with the movie.

That Stooges thing looks god-awful. Also, not everything that is old needs to be remade Hollywood.

The Sitter seems decent enough for me to watch, eventually, even if it lacks a certain oomph.

What the hell is up with that Stooges movie? I mean... it doesn't even look like some bad comedy trying to cash in on a famous comedy group. It looks like a parody of a bad comedy trying to cash in on a famous comedy troup. That's just kinda horrible.

obliterate:

I guess it was because its on very, very, very few theaters (single digit few) in all of america.

Still, I guess there must be some other movies I would rather see reviewed. Against my better judgement, I have read some good things about Young Adult...

I giggled like a little girl when I saw Cheese from The Wire...

Sorry Bob, but it's that time of the year where most of the good movies are not out yet. Now it's focused on family movies who tend not to push to the limit not one bit.

PS: not that there are not family movies who do that like: Toy Story, Up, Shrek (only the first) and a few others.

Well...At least someone from Jersey Shore gets hurt in the Three stooges...

That Three Stooges trailer. Why aren't I laughing? There's physical comedy, goofy characters... so what are they doing wrong? Why aren't I laughing?

Well at least one of them poked Snooki in the eye, that's good right? Yes.......kinda.......damn.

hermes200:

obliterate:

I guess it was because its on very, very, very few theaters (single digit few) in all of america.

Still, I guess there must be some other movies I would rather see reviewed. Against my better judgement, I have read some good things about Young Adult...

Young Adult is really good. I am going to watch it tommorow probably. Still I really really want to see a review from Bob on the Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy movie.

hermes200:

obliterate:

Young Adult is really good. I am going to watch it tommorow probably. Still I really really want to see a review from Bob on the Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy movie.

The only thing i like about the three stooges movie is that it's a collection of 3 short stories instead of a single 90 long story. At least they got that aspect right.

Oh, and before anyone asks - Kate Upton

Watching the Three Stooges trailer, my only thought is: "Is Three Stooges humor even relevant these days?" Three Stooges was also a non sequential skit about three bumbling dudes in various situations, doing crude and painful-looking slapstick and the occasional ogling of women. I liked watching them as a child when, I think, AMC was doing the NYUK thing, but I think part of the humor is that BECAUSE it was that old era. I dunno. What do you think?

EDIT: For fun, Leslie Nielsen's intro to N.Y.U.K. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t47PbUJIfKA

That Three Stooges trailer was PAINFUL. I swear I could feel my eyes being gauged out by mere proximity.

Well, at least Will Sasso looks the part of Curly...and come on, who doesn't want to hurt Snookie? I mean really.

So i gather that you wont be needing to trash the overstuffed pos that is New Years Eve as its hey look lots of celebs please watch already gives it a bad smell?

Oh is it bad that I laughed at snooki getting the double eye poke?

Overall though why the Three stooges? its comedy style is terribly dated

Hollywood's butchering the Three Stooges... Watch out Marx Brothers; You're NEXT!

Having already seen the trailer to this new Stooges on one of Bob's blogs, I'm slightly immune to how awful that abomination looks. Immunity aside, damn is that painful to watch.

Also, am I the only one who just got generally tired of Jonah Hill long ago?

Since this about the movie and not the abomination of a trailer *God, if you exist, please keep Hollywood away from Laurel and Hardy... at least until I die*

The movie almost sounds interesting... might rent the DVD...

For the 3 worst comedians, I would buy the DVD so I can destroy, just like I plan to do for Spiderman 2 (on PC)

LOL lowered expectations damn you just made me nostalgia hard for Mad TV that was a fun show back in its hayday.

There can only be one response to that Three Stooges trailer.

And I've never even seen the original three stoges.

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here