Unskippable: Dark Souls

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Dark Souls

We were mislead, the souls are wholly visible. They aren't even DIM souls. Fail.

Watch Video

I wonder what kinds of shouts you can unlock with farts

I think you need to watch your mic volume guys, there were parts of that where I could barely hear you, but the cutscene's audio came in loud and clear.

This game's cutscene confused me. I have no idea what the game is supposed to be about.

Random Wanderer:
This game's cutscene confused me. I have no idea what the game is supposed to be about.

I don't think anyone knows what this game is about. It's like Mario. Sure there's a loose plot where you do something or other, but that's not why you play it. You play it because, deep down, you hate yourself...

Also, I would love to see Mr. Skeleton-shirt's wardrobe...

The Gentleman:

Random Wanderer:

I don't think anyone knows what this game is about. It's like Mario. Sure there's a loose plot where you do something or other, but that's not why you play it. You play it because, deep down, you hate yourself...

Also, I would love to see Mr. Skeleton-shirt's wardrobe...

The old Mario games are about getting laid (with the exception of one being a dream), Super Mario 64 is about getting cake (euphemism?), Mario Galaxy is about getting star cake (threesome?) and the RPG Mario games are slight parodies of other games and stories.

OT: I loved the part with the band names. Great stuff.

wait how can Nito be the first undead if he's made of bunch other dead people??

Accursed Darksign is totally my cover band.

Very Nito indeed... I'm guessing he gathered the corpses of the other dead to him over time to create that appearance we saw him in.

That cutscene really does suck. I have no idea what the purpose of the game is, other than being depressed.

Overly Dramatic Scenery-Chewing Voiceover fail.

And my first thought was no, it's not the They from Them, it's the They from They Live.

Or something like that.

Collecting farts?
I can never un-see it!!!
DAMN YOU UNSKIPPABLE!!

...hmm, I guess Nito might be the lord from which humanity came to be, as in it's not that Nito is made out of human body parts but the other way around. Farfetched but still has more than what the intro offered.

But even though there's all this lore, the intro didn't really say how humans came to be, might be a budget constraint. I mean, lords killed all but one dragon and then *puff* humans see the end of fire with big cities and zombies.

Oh, and at least it's not dragon farts...just think of all the sulphur.

Am I rooting for the dragons or the dead guys and witches and stuff?

And I'm a bit disappointed there was no 'And that was the nth time I died' joke.

ForgottenPr0digy:
wait how can Nito be the first undead if he's made of bunch other dead people??

While he WAS the first dead, during whatever killed him, he found a way to take a ton of people with him. Cuz that's how Nito rolled.

This is what I choose to believe.

DVS BSTrD:
I wonder what kinds of shouts you can unlock with farts

OT: Seems like there's lots of band names to be drawn from fantasy-style character names/titles. Imagine all the cover bands that will pop up with Skyrim-inspired names now!

The Gentleman:

Random Wanderer:

I don't think anyone knows what this game is about. It's like Mario.

The Princess has been kidnapped by Bowser! Are you bad enough Plumbers to rescue her?

i just finished my first run of this game and i could not follow the story at all. i couldnt follow the demon's souls story either but that was okay because demon's souls didnt really have one. with this game there was obviously supposed to be a story but i couldnt follow it. lucky plot isnt the reason these games are awesome

So there are absolutely no dragons to fight, because those gross guys killed them all? Great! This game would have been absurdly difficult with dragons in it.

i64ever:
So there are absolutely no dragons to fight, because those gross guys killed them all? Great! This game would have been absurdly difficult with dragons in it.

There's actually 6 dragons total in the game, 2 undead dragons, gaping dragon, red dragon, Seath the Scaleless, and the Everlasting Dragon. Technically 7 if you include Priscilla the Crossbreed.

Nito can easily be explained.
He was the first of the dead. They never said he was the first to rise.

So he died first, others died after him (on top of him apparently too) so when he arose he had all the skulls of the dead that died after him, on him.

The Two Best Friends: Matt & Patt already did this scene infinitely better.

"I am a dead guy made up of the corpses of a thousand dead guys!"

You guys need to put more energy into your performance. You sound bored out of your wits so imagine how I feel.

If you fine gentlemen just don't give a fuck anymore then I just want you to know that it's okay with me if you want to stop.

00slash00:
i just finished my first run of this game and i could not follow the story at all. i couldnt follow the demon's souls story either but that was okay because demon's souls didnt really have one. with this game there was obviously supposed to be a story but i couldnt follow it. lucky plot isnt the reason these games are awesome

Demon's Souls was quite easy to pick up the basics. The king became a demon and invited his demon friends. One fellow escaped and told the world about what happened. You came around to be a hero (or be an evil arse) and kill them dead. You either save the world from the demons or you become a demon and kill everything.

Dark Souls makes very little sense. The fire is about to burn out and you have to kill the ones that killed the dragons.

They should've shown the bit after the asylum as well, the bit where you travel on a giant raven, to the ancient land of the Lords... LORDRAN!

Iron Lightning:
The Two Best Friends: Matt & Patt already did this scene infinitely better.

"I am a dead guy made up of the corpses of a thousand dead guys!"

two best friends kicks ass I love that show

demoman_chaos:

00slash00:

Demon's Souls was quite easy to pick up the basics. The king became a demon and invited his demon friends. One fellow escaped and told the world about what happened. You came around to be a hero (or be an evil arse) and kill them dead. You either save the world from the demons or you become a demon and kill everything.

Dark Souls makes very little sense. The fire is about to burn out and you have to kill the ones that killed the dragons.

Warning, story spoilers

Most of the story in this game is really hidden, and even if you find everything, it doesn't complete the world.

For example, where the hell did the four kings come from? Also, why can't i do anything with Priscilla? It feels like FROM forgot about her.

Burst6:
Most of the story in this game is really hidden, and even if you find everything, it doesn't complete the world.

For example, where the hell did the four kings come from? Also, why can't i do anything with Priscilla? It feels like FROM forgot about her.

Well, considering the area that Priscilla is in is very easily missable (Have to get the doll from Undead Asylum, have to go to the painting in Anor Londo) she seems much of a sidequest type character.

This has got to be one of the most depressing games ever made. Hopefully G&P didn't end up broken by it.

AlternatePFG:
Well, considering the area that Priscilla is in is very easily missable (Have to get the doll from Undead Asylum, have to go to the painting in Anor Londo) she seems much of a sidequest type character.

Which is a dick move considering that place has like 3 unique armor sets, four unique weapons, the red soapstone (the one that lets you dual others), the occult ember, a powerful pyromancy, and a powerful miracle.

Not to mention enemies that you don't see anywhere else.

It isn't that hard to figure out anyway. If you see the doll on the loading screen, and spot that giant painting in Anor Londo that's being guarded by like 10 enemies, you can probably put two and two together.

They could have let her teach ice magic or something. She is the only thing in this game that uses ice or cold in any form.

Burst6:

AlternatePFG:

Which is a dick move considering that place has like 3 unique armor sets, four unique weapons, the red soapstone (the one that lets you dual others), the occult ember, a powerful pyromancy, and a powerful miracle.

Not to mention enemies that you don't see anywhere else.

It isn't that hard to figure out anyway. If you see the doll on the loading screen, and spot that giant painting in Anor Londo that's being guarded by like 10 enemies, you can probably put two and two together.

They could have let her teach ice magic or something. She is the only thing in this game that uses ice or cold in any form.

I guess the idea with her is that because she has been called an abomination all of her life that she doesn't trust any human, and just assumes even if you don't do anything that you wish to kill her (or just cut her tail off). She probably just wants you to leave as soon as you can rather than talk to you and risk being killed. That said, I wish there was still more info on her, such as whether Seath is her father or not.

Anyways, good vid as always. It would've been interesting to see the reaction when the giant raven comes out of nowhere to snatch you up.

Fart souls... he he he. Nice one Beavis.

Man, I love Furtive Pygmy. They are so metal.

Ah, I was waiting for this episode. And now to await those bands...

Burst6:

The Four Kings were SPOILERS: the rulers of New Londo who were bequeathed parts of Gwyn's Lord Soul before he left to rekindle the flame, like with Seath. They then fell in with the Abyssal creatures, the Darkwraiths showed up, so they flooded and sealed New Londo.

"...better than Desert Bus."
-Unskippable

THAT'S a quote I would put on the back of the box!

Iron Lightning:
If you fine gentlemen just don't give a fuck anymore then I just want you to know that it's okay with me if you want to stop.

I assure you we give several fucks.

Our delivery has always been laid back, I don't think it's changed.
I'll give it another though. Thanks!

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or