GinxTV: The Ginx Daily: Backchat

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

The Ginx Daily: Backchat

Episode 1: Sims 3: Showtime, Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and skateboarding in a crocodile costume.

Watch Video

The name sounds familiar. There was an attempt made by the MTV team in my country(The land of the never sailing commercial fleet) to launch a TV station with a similar name, that was also dedicated to gaming. I think it was an adaptation or something of a station from the UK or something, so there may be a link. They said they had a budget of about 2 million euros, so naturally I thought they would drive me out of business, since my budget rarely covered my electric bill. I outlasted them in the end.

But regardless, this show falls a bit below what I expect from The Escapist content. It has neither the humor of ENN, nor the hats of Feed Dump, nor the informational value of just about all the other shows on the site.

Still, I'll give it a chance, maybe things will pick up.

unacomn:
But regardless, this show falls a bit below what I expect from The Escapist content. It has neither the humor of ENN, nor the hats of Feed Dump, nor the informational value of just about all the other shows on the site.

This pretty much sums up my opinion of the show. Most of the content on here is really funny, and the stuff that isn't is always interesting, like Extra Punctuation or the news articles. I'm sorry, but this feels like more like a "produced out of your mom's basement" youtube series than an honest-to-goodness show. I mean, I suppose it's good to have daily content again after Daily Drop ended, but I don't think this is the kind of content that the Escapist is known for, or should have

Also, her accent pisses me off. I don't know why, it just does.

Well it looks to me more like part of a promotion (I'm assuming this cause my cabel provider...provided GinxTV just the other week) of the channel than a show (such as ENN etc.) and if you look at it that way, it's ok, light but still funny jokes fix things.

I don't think change of format (from daily to weekly) would hurt, certainly it can only be of better quality and wouldn't lead to any oversaturation over time.

I don't mind the accent, though a bit more clearer diction wouldn't hurt either.

Anyway, I find the video funny and the tv program is ok (even though it wouldn't hurt to have stuff like short let's play videos) and I still haven't seen half the shows that are supposed to be on, but I guess there's really not a con side of a channel about video games and some of the interviews are interesting.

It's like Lisa Foils took over ENN. I think it's gonna be a few episodes before this thing really finds it's place on the Escapist, much like Jimquisition.

Undernourished, shrieky voice, too much eyeshadow and tries way too much to be cute.
That summs it up for me.

But i like the accent thou.

Hum.

Necessary?

Oh look, it's version #3238 of the "Get Hot Girl to Talk About Video-Games to Attract Pathetic Nerds Show".

Pass, I really expected better content than this from the Escapist.

Heh, so much negativity to a new show. Give it a chance people.

Not too bad in my opinion. I'll give it a while before I say anything concrete. It's only the first episode I've seen after all.

And the last clip full of BF3 can can made me laugh :D

The announcer voice thing is annoying. Make it silly, make fun of it, or make it dead!

I try not to condemn shows after one shot, I will watch more. I like having more content to watch here.

Cute girl, I giggled a few times, so far so good.

Oh dear...

Maybe I have just been spoiled by all the other great, well written content on this site, but that was painfully unfunny.

If it was just news, that would be great. The Escapist doesn't really have a proper news show.

Still, Jim was one of the worst people on the site when he first got here, and now he is one of the best, so I won't say they should go just yet.

The rhythmic head bobbing bothered me a surprising amount. The camera could easily be zoomed out a little bit.

Other than that, this seems like a reasonable way to get slightly more obscure gaming news.

Why is it that they have to use a very attractive girl who doesn't even look like she enjoys talking about video games. I don't know, I feel kind of insulted watching this is some ways. I would rather have had Extra Credits guy talk or something

Heh, that was actually pretty good. It's a bit odd having the international release date discrepencies in play, but it's nothing too confusing if you actually follow games anyway. Oh, and for some reason I found the BF3 can cab thing hilarious.

Tinq:
It's like Lisa Foils took over ENN. I think it's gonna be a few episodes before this thing really finds it's place on the Escapist, much like Jimquisition.

What. Is Lisa Foiles on it? I have not watched it yet.

I was mildly entertained, and I laughed at the BF3 bit, that was pretty damn awesome.

I will give this one a chance, it seems like it will be a good one.

Definitely weaker than the other shows on the site, but had some pretty funny moments.

I'll give it a chance, it's only had 1 show so far, I'll wait for show 2 or 3 before I make my final verdict.

I think what bothers most people (including me) is the MTV-like aesthetic they have going on there.

It's like Checkpoint, but without any real news, unfunny jokes, and the camera zoomed in way to far.

People, this isn't supposed to be a funny show, it's news.
Light-hearted is more fitting, what with Crocodilicus showing up and whatnot.

Captcha: Equipment TedLunt
No thanks, I think I will pass on seeing Ted Lunt's Equipment.

Please do NOT patronize your audience when introducing yourself. Yes there are a lot of children here but that was a very poor explanation on WHY you are here at the escapist.

Why do I get a feeling that it's on a budget since there is no title screen for those [insert] of the week?
Also the presenter remind me of Lisa Foils but without her quirkiness and personality (no offence to the persenter herself).

Regardless I got nothing to do on my Monday so I will watch more if to get a better feel toward this show.

I dun get it.

Wow, what was really cool! Good find Escapist, I'm looking forward to seeing more in the future.

So... This is basically a syndicated medicore magazine show that you can see 100s of Youtube, the utterly souless Gametrailers and sometimes on TV. All they ever do is repackage old-ish news and show a couple of trailers.

unacomn:
There was an attempt made by the MTV team in my country(The land of the never sailing commercial fleet) to launch a TV station with a similar name,

Which is rather fitting, since this reminds me very much of the days of MTV trying REALLY hard to act "hip" and "edgy" and coming off as completely disingenuous at it.

That's probably still the case with MTV, but I haven't had cable for a couple years and haven't had the desire to watch MTV in many times that.

Hah! Jokes on her, as a gay man I recieve a 90% resistance to womanly charms.

Azuaron:
It's like Checkpoint, but without any real news, unfunny jokes, and the camera zoomed in way to far.

Not to mention without "personality."

I'm pretty sure Graham and Kathleen could read the side of a cereal box and I'd find them more endearing and interesting.

chif-ii:
Most of the content on here is really funny, and the stuff that isn't is always interesting, like Extra Punctuation or the news articles. I'm sorry, but this feels like more like a "produced out of your mom's basement" youtube series than an honest-to-goodness show. I mean, I suppose it's good to have daily content again after Daily Drop ended, but I don't think this is the kind of content that the Escapist is known for, or should have

Also, her accent pisses me off. I don't know why, it just does.

Extra Punctuation is funny once or twice per article, but anyways...
I guess the production quality is slightly below that of the other skits and live-action shows. It will probably improve.

Maybe what pisses you off is how the accent is hard to pinpoint. It's like a hybrid between British and French, with maybe some other European accent thrown in. Also, her teeth look rather crooked, which is noticeably disturbing as she talks through most of the video.

Not totally sure what's going on with this video, I feel like maybe Ginx is trying to insult the Escapist community by explaining exactly what is happening at the start of the video or by having a cute girl give gaming related news to me, for the sake that I will fall in love with her and watch these videos forever.

All I know is I kinda want to meet that girl and act cool around her...dammit!

Why not get Dodger and her Gaming Newz instead? >.>

Either way i'm sure things'll look up after a bit once she gets to know her audience. I don't think we should try covering up the fact that we're a tought crowd on here after being treated to things like Zero Punctuation, Unskippable, Doomsday Arcade, regular LRR sketches, Critical Miss, NameGame and Miracle of Sound over the years.

I try not to condemn things too soon though. Few people seem to be very impressed by most the shows here early on, but things usually tend to get better after a bit.

Good luck anyways :)

Move the camera back, don't get her in the center of the image, put the previews of the game she's talking about on a side, if she stays in the center for too long it gets stale, specially with her that zoomed in.

Malgan:

Honestly your extra resistance doesn't make too much of a difference to be honest, as a straight man I can say her "womanly charms" attack bonus isn't high enough to over come the penalties for bad jokes, and script that was written for people with the attention span of a hamster on amphetamines.

The "pretty girl talking about video games" thing only works when you get the sense that the girl actually is interested in what she's saying. As it is I don't get the feeling that GinxTV is any better than G4.

When she said "perposterous hypothesis", I totally thought of "Flight of the Conchords".

"I'm the hiphoppapotamous flows they glow like phosphorus. Poppin' off the top of this, rockin' this metropolis. I'm not a large water-dwelling mammal. Where'd you get that persoperstous hypothesis? Steve...".

Oh those Kiwi's are silly.

Best of the 3:

And the last clip full of BF3 can can made me laugh :D

Sadly, it was the ONLY thing that invoked any kind of laughter out of me.

Radoh:
People, this isn't supposed to be a funny show, it's news.

I don't buy that. If I just want unfunny news, I'll google whatever I'm interested in and read articles.

Also, I'm not even entirely certain this is news... Twitter comment of the week? Clip of the week? Etc of the week?

These are not things I expect of news.

cynicalsaint1:

Malgan:

Honestly your extra resistance doesn't make too much of a difference to be honest, as a straight man I can say her "womanly charms" attack bonus isn't high enough to over come the penalties for bad jokes, and script that was written for people with the attention span of a hamster on amphetamines.

Heh heh... nerd jokes... this video has finally justified itself by giving people a chance to say funny things in response to it.

I laughed more with these comment than anything in the clip.

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here