GinxTV: The Ginx Daily: HiZtory - Sonic The Hedgehog

The Ginx Daily: HiZtory - Sonic The Hedgehog

Episode 1: The true story behind the creation of the world's fastest blue hedgehog.

Watch Video

Ooh, mean digs at Mario and Cool Spot there at the end :D

First Ginx video I actually enjoyed. I understood from the previous show's topic that you guys have several different formats that are all being shown as part of the same show, so that's probably why the first two episodes were so... weird. Today's episode shows there's a lot of promise in the series, hopefully there's more good stuff to come!

You know what would be cool? A series that told me the actual history of games instead of the random junk this one makes up.

Escapist, I hope you aren't paying these hacks.

hmmm still not convinced ginx folk but definitely best attempt so far

What is a Zed? Is it a letter of the greek alphabet or something?

I dunno. Seems like their only gimmick so far is being British, but this is definitely better than their other work so far. This isn't all that funny, mind you, but it is better than that scottish chick and the lame Back to the Future parody.

I enjoyed this episode much more than the last time travel thing. It made me laugh, and I look forward to the next one. So far every other episode I have enjoyed. Two out of three isn't so bad.

chif-ii:
What is a Zed?

It's how they pronounce the letter ' Z ' across the pond.

That was a little..

Sorry.

Honestly the real history behind the character's way more entertaining - for instance, Ristar being a late Sonic the Hedgehog prototype, or the early backstory that Sega tries not to publicise too much where Sonic was from Sweden.

'Probably didn't help I went in expecting an intelligent and interesting little mini-documentary rather than comedy, though.

I enjoyed this one, and I did chuckle a few times unlike the app one, that one sucked.

I'm wondering what they have in store for Mario though, could be entertaining.

It was good and all, but it wasn't the whole story.

While it didn't make me laugh, I can definitely say that this was better than the last two videos, if only because you fully committed to the wacky documentary approach.

Since this was the first time seeing this series, I'll be lenient towards it and give the second viewing of Hiztory a chance. Hopefully, it'll be even better than the others.

The last two videos were a bit 'meh', but this one made me chuckle a few times.

Keep it up.

Awww I actually expected a real documentary.. Was looking forward to it D:

Result is just meh.

Ah, I see. So you guys are gonna have a different segment for each working day of the week? I was worried, like a lot of others, that daily updates would get old, fast; but this seems fine.

As for the video itself, it was OK. Not great, but I don't regret watching it. Hopefully my enjoyment will improve as you get settled into your new internet home, and I see a bit more.

Going to summarize my feelings of the past 3 videos.

Monday: Huwhah? Girl's cute anyway.
Tuesday: Um... okay.
Today: Hilarious.

So, we'll see how the rest of the week goes, but this episode definitely shows how good it can be.

Varya:
It was good and all, but it wasn't the whole story.

Ah, swiftly beaten to the punch. I was going to say that this was pretty much a LRR video without jokes, but I don't think it's even fair to compare the two.

Please for the love of all that's holy, don't let there be an Episode 2.

This is like a much less funny version of LRR's The Whole Story, and I must apologise to LRR for comparing them in any way to Ginx.

And why another unfunny uninteresting new video from them EVERY day? What have we done to deserve this, and the new redesign in the same week :(

I love how the comments on the episodes of this show are saying how bad it is by way of LRR references.

Hmm... not seeing the link to these comments from the video page. Due to the new layout? Odd...

(BTW, did think of Whole Story... but they aren't the first to do fake histories either.)

Sober Thal:
I enjoyed this episode much more than the last time travel thing. It made me laugh, and I look forward to the next one. So far every other episode I have enjoyed. Two out of three isn't so bad.

chif-ii:
What is a Zed?

If by "across the pond" you mean "every English-speaking country except the US", then yeah.

Azuaron:
You know what would be cool? A series that told me the actual history of games instead of the random junk this one makes up.

I completely agree. I was looking forward to see the actual history behind Sonic. With geniuses on board like Bob Chipman and Jim Sterling, this is a real letdown. The Escapist is better than this.

By the way Cool Spot was a mascot for 7 Up in the 80's, just like they had Fresh-Up Freddie in the 70's. That's why Cool Spot isn't around anymore.

This comment is already better than the episode I just watched.

WhiteTigerShiro:

Sober Thal:

chif-ii:
What is a Zed?

If by "across the pond" you mean "every English-speaking country except the US", then yeah.

I just learned that Canada says zed as well. Neat, I never new that. Thanks!

Cue 'The More You Know' pic.

You know what, I actually found this quite funny. These words sound weird in my mouth when applied to a recent Escapist show but: "I'd like to see more of this".

So what, these guys are LRR wannabes? I hope this isn't a harbenger of LRR's departure from the site. I love those guys. Though, they'd prolly be picked up by PATV, sooo, it wouldn't be the end of the world, per say, but i can't watch PATV here at work on my lunch hour... (We have a goofy web filter) so i'd rather they stay here honestly, for convience sake.

This spot was OK at very best.

Woem:

Azuaron:
You know what would be cool? A series that told me the actual history of games instead of the random junk this one makes up. urgaburgabuhr

I completely agree. I was looking forward to see the actual history behind Sonic. With geniuses on board like Bob Chipman and Jim Sterling, this is a real letdown. The Escapist is better than this. burghaburgadaburrrr

Those already exist.

http://www.youtube.com/show?p=fMqbdv272gE&tracker=show_av&s=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M55Bpm38qqE

http://www.gametrailers.com/search.php?str_type=games&s=retrospective

I thought this vid was funny, mostly. Could use some compression.

I couldn't watch the whole video, had to stop this rubbish half way through. i understand it was supposed to be funny but i didn't even giggle. sorry guys but i think ill stick to the weekly vids for now.

Ok, so I'm really trying to be open minded towards all of these episodes, but I don't know what makes this sketch different than "The Whole Story", except that it's not as good. It would have worked better here had there not been a cemented and direct competitor that's been doing this longer and, at the the risk of sounding rude, a lot better. Please, I love seeing new content work well, and I want to like you guys, but you're 0-3 so far for me :(

Sober Thal:

WhiteTigerShiro:

Sober Thal:

I just learned that Canada says zed as well. Neat, I never new that. Thanks!

Cue 'The More You Know' pic.

I only know because I had a Canadian guildmate in WoW, and one of the raid dungeons was abbreviated "ZA".

Honestly, I couldn't watch all of that. It made me feel uncomfortable. What a horrible video.

uhhggg...not a fan, I'll give it another shot with your mario video tho

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here