Miracle of Sound: Sovngarde Song (Skyrim)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6

Wieke:
Currently downloading LEVEL 1 - The 2011 Collection off bandcamp (both flac and mp3 version) and damn $10 for all those songs?! Best deal ever!

Though I was wondering, is there any particular reason for the way the songs are ordered on the bandcamp site?

You may not be able to listen to that until midnight, release date is Dec 21st so don't panic if it won't let you play it!

Also, I ordered the songs in the order I just felt flowed nicely, as well as putting the most popular songs first :)

MiracleOfSound:

Wieke:
Currently downloading LEVEL 1 - The 2011 Collection off bandcamp (both flac and mp3 version) and damn $10 for all those songs?! Best deal ever!

Though I was wondering, is there any particular reason for the way the songs are ordered on the bandcamp site?

You may not be able to listen to that until midnight, release date is Dec 21st so don't panic if it won't let you play it!

Also, I ordered the songs in the order I just felt flowed nicely, as well as putting the most popular songs first :)

Well I was allowed to download them immediately and there is nothing preventing me form playing drm-less mp3 and flac files. Tried them and they work (well the first couple of them do).

Mmmm, only 80 minutes on a normal audio cd, it going to be though determining which ones to put on it and which ones not.

Wieke:

Well I was allowed to download them immediately and there is nothing preventing me form playing drm-less mp3 and flac files. Tried them and they work (well the first couple of them do).

Mmmm, only 80 minutes on a normal audio cd, it going to be though determining which ones to put on it and which ones not.

Hmm that's odd. I set the release date for tomorrow. Oh well!

I was able to get them yesterday as well, I haven't really listened to all of them yet but there's some really fantastic variety in there. That said my favourites so far are the obvious ones, Commander Shepard, Normandy, The New Black Gold, Mining All Day Long, Gordon Freeman Saved my Life, Redemption Song and Wheatley's Song.

Sadly, I could not enjoy this song to it's fullest as it's a dirty Pro-stormcloak song. :P

FOR THE EMPIRE!

Yeah, listened to the whole thing several times over before the 21st.

BTW, it makes a great running mix.

I'm not quite sure if this is quite my favorite but it's definitely the one I've listened to the most.

Really like the phases it goes through, each of which manages to maintain a healthy dose of Skyrim.

One very minor not-quite-disappointment is that third "Sovngarde Song~" you call out at the end of the second phase not being screamed. Just seemed like something I was really expecting to happen when listening to it.

Best Miracle of Sound yet. pure awesome.

BaronUberstein:
Sadly, I could not enjoy this song to it's fullest as it's a dirty Pro-stormcloak song. :P

FOR THE EMPIRE!

It's actually politically neutral and about Dragonborn and his Thu'um ;)

MiracleOfSound:

BaronUberstein:

FOR THE EMPIRE!

But the video was filled with the killing of Imperials. <___<

I'll have to re-listen/watch when I'm not playing Skyrim. :P

MiracleOfSound:
For our hearts they are hardy, our spirits are strong, and our voices are lifted into this Sovngarde song.

Truly Epic. I was listening to this during a long drive and couldn't help singing along, even when I didn't know the words.

MiracleOfSound:

BaronUberstein:

FOR THE EMPIRE!

It's pretty much about the Stormcloaks.
"These men of the north they have suffered too long
The anger it swells in their veins
Of the spirited roars of lost warriors' songs
Distant echoes are all that remain"
It's specific mention to the Nord's suffering after Talos worship became illegal.

"Breaking the bonds of surrender
Under the moon for our home we will fight"
Breaking the White-Gold Concordat for Skyrim.

And of course the reference to sons of the snow, similar to the Stormcloak's self-name the true sons and daughters of Skyrim.

Of course I sided with the imperials because I don't think a religion is worth dying over, especially when all you have to say is that you don't believe in it to a couple elves (which sort of stick out).

godofslack:

And of course the reference to sons of the snow, similar to the Stormcloak's self-name the true sons and daughters of Skyrim.

Pretty sure I know what my own song is about bro.

MiracleOfSound:

godofslack:

I totally didn't even read your name. But, it's pretty undeniable those things have mention to the Stormcloaks.

godofslack:

MiracleOfSound:

godofslack:

I totally didn't even read your name. But, it's pretty undeniable those things have mention to the Stormcloaks.

No, they have mention the the Nords... the song itself is simply descriptive, it isn't taking a side, just describing the general Nord spirit and way of life throughout history. The Stormcloaks indeed claim to be maintaining that spirit but most people know the situation isn't that black and white... just like the song ;)

Coming back to the song because i noticed something funny.

Gavin, you KNOW you did good when people thinking of skyrim think of this song before they think of the actual songs in skyrim.

I was humming this all day and told my friend i was humming the skyrim theme...then i paused and went wait a minute no i'm not lol.

Will listen to this whist drinking Nord mead I think :)

Ok so I'm always late to post comments on videos but seriously.... Never stop doing these lol, never. So... awesome. Can't stop listening to this one xD

took an arrow to the knee the other day,
dont know if il recover,
gunna have to give up adventuring,
mabye ill get a job as one of the gate gaurds.

A Fantastic Song

Ermergerd the high-quality bandcamp version sounds incredible. Could the Escapist ever host that sort of audio quality?

EDIT: Onto The New Black Gold now. Holy ballsacks this is good. Are these different versions or is there really that much difference in quality?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here