GinxTV: HiZtory - Mario

HiZtory - Mario

This week, HiZtory looks at how Nintendo's iconic plumber rose to fame.

Watch Video

History with a "Zee"! A ZEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Also Mario < Luigi

This reminds me of LLR's "How it really happened" but I liked it none the less.

So basically LRR's "The Whole Story", only not as good and not as funny.

I did not care for it.

I enjoy british humour, but this fell flat for me.

This appears to be an early incarnation though so I'll be following the show to see how it develops.

pluizig:

Yep, exactly what I was thinking. I guess I appreciate that they're trying to get these episodes out on a daily basis, but it sounds like the utter "meh" surrounding GinxTV results from quantity not being as important as quality.

Avaholic03:

pluizig:

Yep, exactly what I was thinking. I guess I appreciate that they're trying to get these episodes out on a daily basis, but it sounds like the utter "meh" surrounding GinxTV results from quantity not being as important as quality.

Some of GinxTV's stuff isn't too bad but I agree, this was really weak.

Dear Ginx: Congratulations! Most your shows were better the second week than they were the first.

But not this one. I gave it another chance because your other shows picked up a bit, but I'll never watch this one again.

I thought this was pretty funny. Keep going.

I want to be more helpful, but I just loved this and I can't say why!

i liked this. the luigi part got a good laugh out of me

...meh.
I think I'm not gonna tune in to this any more.

Couple good parts (liked the illegal Sonic games), but a lot of the jokes were carried too long. Saying jumped to 4D, not worth a laugh to start with, and then going through the whole process of trying to make a joke out of what that meant felt forced. It also happened with the racing joke and a few other places.

Not unfunny, just felt forced in parts.

I liked it :)
A self aware docu-parody, with a somewhat off-kilter sense of humour.

i dun get it, it was supposed to be funny right?

Avaholic03:

pluizig:

Damn it! Beat me to the punch

Also, why is it just that one guy doing everything? They have more people to fill in the role of historians - we've seen them. They have at least...two that I can think of. And what, the cameraman from the outdoor bits couldn't be bothered to suck it up and act?

I really enjoyed it. The illegal psychotropic street racing was the highlight, I think.

It is indeed quite similar to 'The Whole Story', by the LRR crew, but those episodes are quite rare, so I don't think the two will end up competing for attention.

No...I didn't enjoy this. I watched the Sonic one and I thought it was dumb and not funny at all. but alright, I figured it was just a rough start, like the Jimquisition, which I now like a lot. So I watched this episode...and no. A hit and a miss.

There are a couple of parts that almost made me chuckle. But...it just feels too forced. What's it trying to do? Is it trying to be funny? Serious? Satirical? It feels like it's everywhere. Not only that, but if it's going for the 'seriously funny' title, then sorry but both Jim Sterling and Yahtzee have that department covered.

I think it would be more interesting if they actually told the REAL story; a summarized story about characters. Again, it feels like they're trying to get into that (Jumpman, going into 3D, etc.), but they never quite get there. If they told the real story with those little bits of humor (well, better humor), then perhaps more people would be interested. If they're not there for the humor, then they could stay for the history. Because, hey, the Escapist could sure use a series that deals with video game history. Now, THAT is something I'd watch. That's the only reason why I decided to give this a shot. But man, I was so wrong.

Yeah, simply put, this is all over the place. The series itself is not sure of what it wants to be.

PS: I believe I don't get Brit humor. I don't know, but that whole "running away" take at the end just confused me completely. I don't know; maybe it's me who's wrong. I also have a problem understanding some words this guy spoke, but again, that's just me. Bleh.

Has anyone done a serious history of games series? These comedy ones are dime a dozen, but I'd like to see someone have a serious crack at the real history of some game series.

I thought that was a lot of fun. I can't wait to see what the subject of their next hiztory lesson will be.

Yeah, this wasn't anything I'll remember in an hour - let alone tomorrow. Also, have you heard of Trine, and it's sequel?

Not bad. I would deem it 'not a total waste of my time', and so should you. What were you going to do with those 6 minutes anyway?

I like it.

My favourite Ginx installments of the week are the HiZtory episodes.

Gave it a second chance with mario, still not enjoying it.
Don't plan on watching any more episodes unless I see a video game character that sparks my interest.
Banjo kazooie, Bubsy,Solid snake, Samus etc.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here