Zero Punctuation: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 NEXT

I really loved this incarnation of the game, but mostly because the stuff that Yahtzee hated about it are things that I personally am pretty much a sucker for.

Making Zelda the quasi-tsundere love interest to link was pretty much what sold me.

I don't know that we can get sidekicks more annoying than Navi, but this one is definitely pretty annoying, though.

Ariseishirou:

Sean951:

Ariseishirou:

My sentiments exactly. This whole thread just about proves that while Nintendo fanboys can dish it out, they sure can't take it. Depressing, really. If I had a nickel every time I saw someone whinge about "Modern Warfare 2.5" I'd be very rich indeed, yet the moment someone levels the same accusation another franchise that settles with a few new graphical tweaks, new weapons (and maybe not even that), and new maps (that happens to be produced by Nintendo) they fly into a frothing rage.

Except Zelda wrote a whole new story and created many puzzles to go along with the new items, as well as creating a new final boss as well as new dungeon bosses. Oh, and introduced a play style focused completely around the Wii-mote instead of tacking it on like an afterthought. Then you have MW which just updated maps... maybe tweaked some stats on the guns finished out the single player I guess, because that's totally why people play it...

New story? New puzzles? New items? New final boss?

Yep, MW3 had all of those too. New single player campaign with 15 all new levels, plus 32 spec ops maps between survival (an all-new game mode) and missions, new weapons, new perks, new streaks, and a graphical upgrade. Not to mention everything that comes with Elite.

So, yeah... it's precisely as innovative as the new Zelda at this point. Heck, you could make a strong argument for it being more innovative. I'm not getting buttmad about the "derp herp MW2.5 (ad nauseum)" thing - if that's your opinion you're welcome to it, but it's pretty hypocritical, really - so why are you flipping out when someone says the same of Zelda?

I'm gonna ignore the first part of that, because it's a debate for a different time. I'm not mad that he doesn't like Zelda, I'm annoyed that he ignores so many positives to give a completely negative review. He typically finds at least 1 backhanded compliment for any game, but I didn't even see that.

Well, everyone has different opinions and are entitled to them. I'm enjoying it, though it's not the best by far.

However, I'm very interested in how some people want there to be voice acting. I've heard bad things about Other M, where players generally seem to think having Samus speak was a bad move. I can't imagine a game where Mario talks, and I, personally, hope that if they ever DO put voice acting in Legend of Zelda, they make an option to turn it off, and people who don't like the voice acting use it rather than complain that the series has been destroyed because of it.

Sean951:

Nathan Allison:
Yahtzee Croshaw, during the slow release this Christmas season, do a review of Majora's Mask.

I beg him not to. He would point out all the flaws, hate the mask mini game and so never get the Fierce Deity Mask, and call the game crap. He would also chide Nintendo for reusing the skins from OoT and point out that it is exactly like that game in almost every way, except where it isn't, which also sucks.

Well, of course he would point out the game's flaws. He's a critic. If you don't point out flaws, you're a salesman, not a critic. And to be fair, the Fierce Deity mask is literally the last one you can get in the game, and its entirely possible to go through multiple playthroughs without even knowing it exists. I wouldn't blame him for not getting it any more than I would blame a Pokemon reviewer for not getting a full lineup of legendaries.

His problem with newer Zelda games is the recycling of the formula in spite of the graphical alterations, so the reused models might not bother him. Majora's Mask at least offers a slight alteration to the formula by placing a greater emphasis on sidequests for progression.

But, let's be honest here, he's not going to review it, so we have no real way of knowing. I'm basically just sitting here with a Yahtzee hand puppet, moving my hand very fast to make it seem as if Yahtzee is agreeing with me.

Why has nobody actually made a Yahtzee hand puppet?

itsmeyouidiot:

Revolutionaryloser:

Stop harassing me troll. Go back to 4chan until it's less painfully obvious that you are just trying to make people rage. And next time, instead of just blurting out racism, I suggest you accuse me of genocide and child rape.

Explain to me how I am trolling. I simply pointed out that you responded to a previous post, one that provided a strong rebuttal that held up logically, by dismissing it as "anger issues." How is that trolling?

OK seriously this is just sad now. Once you are caught at trolling it stops being funny. At least, it stops being funny if you have any taste for comedy. I can see you are new to trolling and you seem really lost. Once you've been caught out it's a faux-pas to keep on pretending. Also, I know trolls like to spark anger with racist accusations but you have to have at least SOME grounding or else you just sound like you are insane. Once you are labelled as "insane" nobody is going to take you seriously so no one is going to fall for your trolling because essentially the whole point of trolling is that you get someone to waste their time being angry at a persona you have created. So let's break it down, three elements:
1)Time wasting
2)Anger
3)Persona
If any of these three are lost the trolling has ended. Granted, I may be wasting time, but I am far from angry and I know you are joshing with me. That's two different accounts of trolling having terminated. So I dunno. Nice try. Better luck next time. Rome wasn't built in one day. Whatever. Peace out.

Sean951:

Ariseishirou:

Sean951:

Except Zelda wrote a whole new story and created many puzzles to go along with the new items, as well as creating a new final boss as well as new dungeon bosses. Oh, and introduced a play style focused completely around the Wii-mote instead of tacking it on like an afterthought. Then you have MW which just updated maps... maybe tweaked some stats on the guns finished out the single player I guess, because that's totally why people play it...

New story? New puzzles? New items? New final boss?

Yep, MW3 had all of those too. New single player campaign with 15 all new levels, plus 32 spec ops maps between survival (an all-new game mode) and missions, new weapons, new perks, new streaks, and a graphical upgrade. Not to mention everything that comes with Elite.

So, yeah... it's precisely as innovative as the new Zelda at this point. Heck, you could make a strong argument for it being more innovative. I'm not getting buttmad about the "derp herp MW2.5 (ad nauseum)" thing - if that's your opinion you're welcome to it, but it's pretty hypocritical, really - so why are you flipping out when someone says the same of Zelda?

I'm gonna ignore the first part of that, because it's a debate for a different time. I'm not mad that he doesn't like Zelda, I'm annoyed that he ignores so many positives to give a completely negative review. He typically finds at least 1 backhanded compliment for any game, but I didn't even see that.

I can understand that, but he didn't give any backhanded compliments to MW3 or BF3. As I recall, he said that the whole of humanity was poorer for having those games. Yahtzee is hyperbolic and vitriolic - it's what's made him popular. Why is this okay for games you don't like, but not okay for games you do like? I loved MW3, but I just chuckled when I watched his review. That's his opinion. It has no effect on the 20+ million of us buying the game. If Skyward Sword is as good as you think it is, word of mouth will pass that along and people will buy it. Worked for CoD4; worked for Demon's Souls.

I mostly agree with Yahtzee on most of his issues. But, like any other game, there is always stuff to nitpick.

Hate Fi as well. Like on the boat being attacked by tentacles: Fi: "Link, the ship is being attacked by large tentacles"

Me: "Well, no shit Sherlock"

Still like the game, though.

Indignator:

BX3:
Wasn't expecting Yahtzee to like this one, hating Nintendo's his thing, but to call it the worst ever (save the CDI versions)? Hah, hah.

Then which one is the worst?

Spirit Tracks makes honorable mention for being way too easy and having almost no connection to Zelda lore, but I think the cake goes to Oracle of Ages. Not Seasons, Ages in specific. It was dull, short on story, and lacking in puzzles. But I haven't played a canon Zelda title that was actually BAD, most of them however just don't qualify for AAA rating. None of the console Zelda games ever lost their fun factor for me, and it only makes sense that the portables would be substandard due to restrictions. To me, while Zelda doesn't upstage games like Skyrim, there has never been a genuinely bad one. Aside from the CDI games. Also, Skyward Sword came pretty close to GOTY territory. It beat Spike's precious Uncharted 3 in their own poll. Zelda is a niche game, but it is very good in said niche.

Soeroah:
Well, everyone has different opinions and are entitled to them. I'm enjoying it, though it's not the best by far.

However, I'm very interested in how some people want there to be voice acting. I've heard bad things about Other M, where players generally seem to think having Samus speak was a bad move. I can't imagine a game where Mario talks, and I, personally, hope that if they ever DO put voice acting in Legend of Zelda, they make an option to turn it off, and people who don't like the voice acting use it rather than complain that the series has been destroyed because of it.

Yeah. The thing with a lot of these games is that the main characters (Link, Samus) were designed to not have a personality and act as conduits for the player into this alien world. By giving them a voice, you are also giving them feelings and opinions which do not fit with the original intent of the character. So voice acting is clearly not a real option. I think the reason Team Ninja fucked up that aspect was because they are relatively new in the videogame world whereas an old school developer would have known instinctively that it was a recipe for disaster. However, I wouldn't put it past somebody to eventually bring out a Zelda game with voices within the next decade. Even if they managed to make Link mute without it looking retarded, they would still have to give Zelda a voice and I don't think any voice can live up to the fans expectations.

Revolutionaryloser:

BiH-Kira:
SNIP

I could argue with you but instead I'm just going to laugh and say that you have serious anger issues. A lot of people love Nintendo. Yahtzee loves Mario Galaxy. I hated the controls in SS. Newsflash: most gamers don't enjoy motion controls because the most immersive experience for gamers comes from instant feedback with minimum movements, not swatting at thin air. Gamers realized Virtual Reality technology was pretty lame when the Powerglove was invented. Nintendo is still making more money than any other console. Now go away and stop acting like a psychopath on the Internet. It isn't even threatening because we're countries apart.

Ad Hominem?
Can't deal with the arguments so you attack me? Okay.

And motion controls are really immersive if done right. And Skyward Sword did that better than any other game. How can pushing A be more immerisve than actually fighting the enemy? Motion controls bring part of you into the game. Do you know what immersion means?

Revolutionaryloser:

Soeroah:

Yeah. The thing with a lot of these games is that the main characters (Link, Samus) were designed to not have a personality and act as conduits for the player into this alien world. By giving them a voice, you are also giving them feelings and opinions which do not fit with the original intent of the character. So voice acting is clearly not a real option. I think the reason Team Ninja fucked up that aspect was because they are relatively new in the videogame world whereas an old school developer would have known instinctively that it was a recipe for disaster. However, I wouldn't put it past somebody to eventually bring out a Zelda game with voices within the next decade. Even if they managed to make Link mute without it looking retarded, they would still have to give Zelda a voice and I don't think any voice can live up to the fans expectations.

Well, it's different from the Other M situation in that Samus was a recurring character who had already had the basic framework of a personality suggested. Different games, but same Samus. Whereas we've had what, twelve Links by now? Probably more, depending on how you interpret Four Swords. A new Link with more of a personality wouldn't violate consistency all that much. The only thing a new Link has to do to fit in with the rest of the series is be courageous. And wear green pajamas, but that's just because Nintendo had to make recognizable sprites for the NES and refuses to let anything go.

Hal10k:

Well, it's different from the Other M situation in that Samus was a recurring character who had already had the basic framework of a personality suggested. Different games, but same Samus. Whereas we've had what, twelve Links by now? Probably more, depending on how you interpret Four Swords. A new Link with more of a personality wouldn't violate consistency all that much. The only thing a new Link has to do to fit in with the rest of the series is be courageous. And wear green pajamas, but that's just because Nintendo had to make recognizable sprites for the NES and refuses to let anything go.

I guess you can look at it that way. I'm sticking to my guns. It still stands that the reason he's called Link is because he is a souless, walking gateway into a game world.

lol. This is so nostalgic. I thought Nintendo fandom had died out in the 90s. I feel like I was 10 years old again listening to my best friend trying to convince me that my pirated unlimited games Playstation was a bad investment.

A wild Fanboy appeared!

The Great JT:
Ganondorf doesn't seem to have any real motivation besides, "he's evil,"

I guess you never made it to the end of Windwaker. He spells out his motivation clear as day:

Jerram Fahey:
A wild Fanboy appeared!

The Great JT:

I guess you never made it to the end of Windwaker. He spells out his motivation clear as day:

That was also said in OoT. Some of the Gerudo warrior said something about the harsh life and how his is their leader and wants them to have a better life. He then got corrupt with power somewhere in between.

Well, AFAIK. Was a long time ago that I played OoT.

And such small things show how little people know about the game, jet they like to talk about it like they got the knowledge from God Miyamoto him self. :D

Jerram Fahey:
A wild Fanboy appeared!

The Great JT:

I now respect Ganondorf less. Thank God Windwaker does not fit in the original canon or whatever. And anyway if someone is nitpicking Zelda because Ganondorf has no real motivations missed the point. The point being that Zelda is a fairy tail for children who do not need to carry moral burdens on their frail, infant shoulders. Anyway, whoever thinks evil bad guys need motivations to be evil need to look out their window and get a fresh whiff of reality.

Revolutionaryloser:
Whoever is defending this game probably hasn't actually played it. I had to concur with nearly everything Yahtzee said. The motion controls in particular were some of the worst I've had to endure ever. I appreciate it may not take the title for "least original game ever" but it certainly isn't escaping a "pretty unoriginal" stamp. They could have given up making these bloody games. It was forgivable the first few times but now it's just ridiculous.

itsmeyouidiot:

Trishbot:

Skyward Sword, while not flawless, is still a more fresh and original game than, say... Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed, Saints Row 3, Dead Rising 2/Off the Record, Arkham City, Gears of War 3, Uncharted 3, and even Skyrim. Seriously, Skyrim is great, but it's just a better looking, better playing version of Oblivion/Morrowind/Daggerfall/Arena.[

All you ignorant little shits, look at this post, and tell me you don't feel the weight of your own hypocrisy.

I don't exactly know what you are trying to prove. Pointing out that Skyward Sword is more original than "Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed, Saints Row 3, Dead Rising 2/Off the Record, Arkham City, Gears of War 3, Uncharted 3, and even Skyrim." is just saying it's the warmest block of ice. All those games have repeatedly been called out on the fact that they are just copies of the last game in the series. That does not redeem this game from being a reskinned version of a game I played 12 years ago.

Wow. They changed ALL of the story. AND they changed 3 whole items from the ORIGINAL 1998 game. Fuck. That is perhaps a bit too much innovation.

I'm not defending the game, but I played it, enjoyed almost every moment too. I can't say that for most of the games I've played this year.

Mr Somewhere:

Revolutionaryloser:
-snip-

I'm not defending the game, but I played it, enjoyed almost every moment too. I can't say that for most of the games I've played this year.

I'm happy for you completely normal person with valid opinions who can converse in a proper, civil manner while showing no signs of deeprooted, demented fanatism.

My only complaint (about the review, that is) is that he spends too much time talkin about other Zelda games or just the franchise in general, rather than the game itself.

Other than that, he makes some points which I agree with so far (I'm slightly past the first battle with the fallen), mainly the mostly empty Sea of Clouds.

Revolutionaryloser:

Jerram Fahey:
A wild Fanboy appeared!

The Great JT:

I now respect Ganondorf less. Thank God Windwaker does not fit in the original canon or whatever. And anyway if someone is nitpicking Zelda because Ganondorf has no real motivations missed the point. The point being that Zelda is a fairy tail for children who do not need to carry moral burdens on their frail, infant shoulders. Anyway, whoever thinks evil bad guys need motivations to be evil need to look out their window and get a fresh whiff of reality.

I'm not sure if this is going to make you happy or sad, but take a look at this.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.335473-Official-Zelda-timeline

Wind Waker does fit int he original canon.
(if this is true :P)

Well, of course he would point out the game's flaws. He's a critic. If you don't point out flaws, you're a salesman, not a critic.

I've said before, I'll say it again. Yahtzee is not a critic, he's an elitist. And this is not simply "pointing out flaws", this is just hatred and bias. It stops being an honest review the moment he starts complaining about trivial bullcrap like it actually changing some things around for once.

And do I have to mention that he cannot work a Wiimote for shit again so he has to complain about non-existent reaction delays instead?

Well, a lot of the critism towards a new game usually has to do with it being either unrefined or unpolished or both, so I personally don't see anything wrong with each Zelda game essentially being a new iteration of the previous one, just like Mario.

wooty:
Yahtzee bashing a wii game..........didnt see that coming......at all........pure shock........out of the blue...........good god!........fuck it

But I loved Skyward Sword ultimately, pure fun and challenging. Its the one game I fully enjoyed playing all year, and thats out of quite a big list.

Well have gave Twlight Princess a good review so it's not entirely expected.

I'm with Yahtzee on pretty much all his reviews lately which basically show how much console gaming is becoming a game of pickpocket on the consumer. Make a game with substance, challenge, and innovative new game play? but that would require work and we wouldnt make as much money. QQ some more game developers. Ill stick with Bethesda until game makers learn that console gaming starts with a story, wows you with gameplay/cut scenes and makes you learn new things from gameplay. Side note when did Zelda become a game for 9 year olds? I know we all played the old games when we were young but it was without parental permission and a guarded secret to the terrors we faced in dungeons while our dad's secretly played with us without telling our mom's. Now it seems they make these games for the kiddies. I don't want to play COD as an adult and im stuck with kiddy dungeon crawlers. But im a puzzle player so i like a game i can't beat the first run through or will at least make me work for it. screw it im gonna go find the latest physics flash game :P.

Yahtzee entertaining the cynic in all of us. keep it up.

FallenMessiah88:
Well, a lot of the critism towards a new game usually has to do with it being either unrefined or unpolished or both, so I personally don't see anything wrong with each Zelda game essentially being a new iteration of the previous one, just like Mario.

Take that back. Mario is a very original game and apart of the odd stray in recent years they have all featured vastly diverse mechanics that exploit platforming in clever and unique ways.

Lordofthesuplex:

Well, of course he would point out the game's flaws. He's a critic. If you don't point out flaws, you're a salesman, not a critic.

I've said before, I'll say it again. Yahtzee is not a critic, he's an elitist. And this is not simply "pointing out flaws", this is just hatred and bias. It stops being an honest review the moment he starts complaining about trivial bullcrap like it actually changing some things around for once.

And do I have to mention that he cannot work a Wiimote for shit again so he has to complain about non-existent reaction delays instead?

Critic (plural critics), Noun:

1.A person who appraises the works of others.
2.A specialist in judging works of art.
3.One who criticizes; a person who finds fault.
4.An opponent.

Going by all four definitions off of the ol' wiktionary, Yahtzee is a critic. He appraises video games made by other people. This serves as his primary source of income, and he's been doing it for years now, so I would think that he qualifies as a specialist (disregarding the whole "games as art" flamewar). Pretty much all he does is criticize or find faults with things. And lastly, one could make the argument that he serves as an opponent to the developers of games he dislikes, though that one is admittedly a stretch.

Whether or not you agree with his criticisms is subjective, of course. But don't disregard him just because he's biased. We're all biased in one way or another; that's one of the downsides of actually possessing a long-term memory in conjunction with the capacity for logical reasoning. Yahtzee's opinion is biased because he dislikes the Wii. The argument you made is biased because you disliked Yahtzee's review. The argument I'm making right now is biased because I'm really uptight about semantics for some reason. If you want a genuinely unbiased review of a game, I'd suggest rolling a ten-sided die.

And there's no such thing as a trivial complaint in a professional review. If it's there, and you don't like it, it's your duty to complain about it.

Revolutionaryloser:

FallenMessiah88:

Take that back. Mario is a very original game and apart of the odd stray in recent years they have all featured vastly diverse mechanics that exploit platforming in clever and unique ways.

...exactly the same way Zelda has, and yet people call that formulaic and boring.

Revolutionaryloser:
Anyway, whoever thinks evil bad guys need motivations to be evil need to look out their window and get a fresh whiff of reality.

Really?

That's kind of the exact opposite of true. Nobody in the real world is born evil, not even Hitler.

Hell, Hitler really was just evil because he had a messed-up life and instead of seeking therapy, became a politician.

I used to care about what Yahtzee's opinion on a game is, but then I took....

....NO. No, I'm not gonna do it.

*deep breath*

Funny video as always. But once more he proves why people watch him for comedy's sake and not for an actual review on a game. He emphasizes that point especially well with today's video, by saying that "Zelda is always the same game over and over" while proceeding to complain and make sarcastic remarks around the fact that it does things differently. It was certainly funny to hear your bits, but it doesn't make me take you even the least bit seriously.

What's sad though? Some people will judge the game on your review, and others will judge it based on the high Metacritic score and universal acclaim it's getting....there's almost no middle ground with this title. So let's see, I can either take your opinion on it, when you're a self-admitted Nintendo hater who tends to especially hate the Zelda and Mario titles for not being some world-transcending deep involved storyline of a game....or I can take the obviously-biased-but-at-least-generally-informative 40+ opinions of the reviews on sites like Metacritic who have labeled the game as one of the best in the franchise and possibly the best title on the Wii to date.

Yeah....I know opinions and reviews are subjective and your mileage may vary, but sometimes I wish there were some people with at least a little objectivity in the review world.

Soeroah:
Well, everyone has different opinions and are entitled to them.

That doesn't mean opinions can't be wrong. Opinion is partially rooted in fact, and people will often base their opinions off of faulty logic or incomplete information.

itsmeyouidiot:

Baresark:
Wow, I see lots of warnings, very strange.

I can agree with Yahtzee on this one. I like the game overall, but he inclusion of only motion controls is freakin' stupid. So stupid in fact, I have three friends who won't be playing this game because of them. Good job Nintendo. And it is the same game again and again (though this is only a problem if you have an aversion to a company or game franchise). I personally find the way they are using the same areas again smart and intelligent design. Metroid is famous for this and I see no problem with it.

Here is how my relationship works with Nintendo. Nintendo makes a series of smart intelligent decision (completely random luck according to Leonard Mlodinow, though he has convinced me), I defend them against haters for the good things they do, then they stab me in the face by doing something ridiculously stupid, like mandatory motion controls on their most popular franchise.

Because HOW DARE YOU MAKE ME ACTUALLY HAVE TO MOVE ANY PART OF MY BODY OTHER THAN MY THUMBS. MOTION CONTROLS AUTOMATICALLY RUIN A GAME BECAUSE I DON'T LIKE MOVING MY LAZY ASS!

LoL, I love the game. I think it's stupid they don't want to play the game because of them because it's a genuinely good game. But, I can also see their point to it. I'll put it like this. I am good friends with a guy who cannot play an FPS without a "south paw" control scheme. Third person he doesn't need it, but first person game he feels he "needs" that particular control scheme. I feel he misses out, but the fact is, he would not enjoy the experience without them.

I always thought Phantom Hourglass was the worst Zelda game ever made. This review confuses me even further because all my friends say that this game is great, even though they were expecting it to be shit.

That doesn't help, now I have to play the game from beginning to end to truly know it's worth.

Look guys, I'm sorry for causing a huge flame war, okay?

But seeing so many people disliking a game series that I've always cherished and likely always will upsets me on some very basic level.

I can't be comfortable knowing that there are people who dislike this game. I have to change their mind, and if I can't, then it will usually get violent pretty quickly.

This is especially true if the person doing the disliking is a prominent critic, because then other people will act under the delusion that being a critic makes your opinion more valid, and they'll be quick to follow with cries of "me too!" and "I agree!" and I want to stop that from happening. Violently, if necessary.

So, yeah, I'm sorry. I guess I'll go hang out somewhere else.

CriticKitten:
I used to care about what Yahtzee's opinion on a game is, but then I took....

....NO. No, I'm not gonna do it.

*deep breath*

Funny video as always. But once more he proves why people watch him for comedy's sake and not for an actual review on a game. He emphasizes that point especially well with today's video, by saying that "Zelda is always the same game over and over" while proceeding to complain and make sarcastic remarks around the fact that it does things differently. It was certainly funny to hear your bits, but it doesn't make me take you even the least bit seriously.

What's sad though? Some people will judge the game on your review, and others will judge it based on the high Metacritic score and universal acclaim it's getting....there's almost no middle ground with this title. So let's see, I can either take your opinion on it, when you're a self-admitted Nintendo hater who tends to especially hate the Zelda and Mario titles for not being some world-transcending deep involved storyline of a game....or I can take the obviously-biased-but-at-least-generally-informative 40+ opinions of the reviews on sites like Metacritic who have labeled the game as one of the best in the franchise and possibly the best title on the Wii to date.

Yeah....I know opinions and reviews are subjective and your mileage may vary, but sometimes I wish there were some people with at least a little objectivity in the review world.

Yeah, the people who dislike the game are probably a vocal minority, but that doesn't mean "objectivity" factors into their opinion any more than it does for the people who disliked Skyrim or MW3. Being in the minority does not make your opinion invalid or unworthy of regard. Also, he was criticizing the things that worked a little bit differently for SS (god, that's an unfortunate acronym) because he saw them as superficial changes that did nothing to alter the formula. He was using them to make the point that the games have been using more-or-less the same structure since OoT, with different things changed as window dressings.

itsmeyouidiot:

Soeroah:
Well, everyone has different opinions and are entitled to them.

That doesn't mean opinions can't be wrong. Opinion is partially rooted in fact, and people will often base their opinions off of faulty logic or incomplete information.

That's a rather tenuous argument to make for entertainment. Whether or not somebody considers a piece of entertainment to be "good" depends entirely on whether or not they enjoyed it while experiencing it and/or in retrospect. That's it. Sure, a guy insulting the game without even playing it has a less than reliable opinion, but if somebody sits down with a game for an extended amount of time, plays it until he has completed it (inasmuch as a game can be completed), and genuinely did not enjoy the experience- no matter how many other people did- then they simply have a differing opinion, not one rooted in faulty logic.

I completely agree about the flying controls, but not much else. Admittedly I didn't get all that far, and I haven't played very many Zelda games, but still...

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here