Legacy of Kain

Pages PREV 1 2 3

poiumty:

snip?

LOL. I could go on with this but not in hopes to get someone pissed off but to actually dispel most of the doubts about the series so maybe more people can enjoy it.........and so far i haven't make any progress. Maybe making a video pointing out everything that is lacking in the series like the Red Letter Media guy would help?? i don't know. I am not going to fully agree on making Blood Omen 2 non canon yet, maybe the answers are still there and we are not thinking hard enough and besides the other aren't free of the hook yet.

"They can't invade without Janos because they can't all get out at the same time, in fact it's implied that the portal isn't too strong and only a trickle can flow through"

But since you insist that the demons in Soul Reaver 2 are actually Hylden then they CAN slowly warp to Nosgoth if they take their time. Sure, the portal isn't strong but at least eventually they will pass trough; Like a slow Internet connection trying to download something big, it only takes time. And since in SR2 they can just warp in easily and in BO2 it should be even more easy now that the Pillars are looooooooong gone
Unless you refer to the fact that if the portal is closed, all the Hylden in Nosgoth will die because they lose the connection to their dimension (and they did die after the portal was closed) But here is the thing: Why are they connected to the Hylden Dimension to the point that going outside it may kill them?? Remember that we call it Hylden Dimension for sake of simplicity but we know that the Hylden belong to Nosgoth along with the Vampires since ancients times. So why returning to the dimension they originally belong to may kill them?? We could say that the Vampires also cursed the Hylden with something that made them unable to leave the dimension they are trapped on or else they will die. And it may seem like a good explanation except that makes you wonder why the Vampites didn't do the inverse?? Why fixate them to another dimension so they dont escape it when they could instead make them fixiate to the Nosgoth dimension and THEN use the Pillars to send them to another dimension??? they will die because they no longer are able to come back and problem solved, no need to maintain the Pillars for too long.
We cannot say that the banishment to another dimension was because they are too noble or above killing another race because the only noble ancient vampire we know its Janos and no one else (Vorador doesn't count because he is a human made into a vampire so he is sort of psychotic as them) Also, doesn't the banishment plan go against the will of the Elder God?? Why didn't he tried to convince the vampires to KILL and NOT banish the Hylden so their soul could be eaten......sorry, i mean "returned to the wheel" yes.
While we are on the Hylden subject; I believed that the demons in SR2 are just....well, demons and not Hylden because being otherwise it will make more questions than answers. So when i played Defiance and reached the part where Kain its alive in the other dimension, i though the voice was from either the spirits of Hyldens that no longer have a body or just telepathic voices from Hylden of another area of that dimension that its just keeping Kain distracted long enough for the demons to arrive and kill him. Another evidence of the Hylden only showing up on Defiance and not in Soul Reaver 2 is that in Defiance you fight them in zombie possessed bodies rather than the demonic forms that, as you said, they adopted for being in exile. It will make more sense if they warped in Defiance with a more grotesque and powerful form since SR2, where it was 500 ago before the collapse of the Pillars and now in Defiance its more close to the moment where the vampires are fully extinct, so technically we should have fight our way against hordes of the same demons in SR2 or more rare and powerful monsters, instead we get to fight zombie Hylden who aren't a treat unlike their previous forms. Kinda a step backwards unless we assume that just now in Defiance they are actually able to intervene more directly.
And now for something that i think fits better than the "He came back to life because his nature as the Scion of Balance allows him to" explanation. If we run on the logic that the Hylden where banish to this dimension in particular because it heals its inhabitants just enough that they dont die but the pain never goes away to the point they never die. Then Kain landing on that dimension actually healed him so he wont die or at least reshaped his internal organs so it will live.

We are almost finished

"As for why the Hylden aren't mentioned in SR1, it's because the writers didn't think that far ahead, obviously."
But they could have made Raziel also suffer the "new memories" effect so we know that he now has knowledge of a army of Hylden that challenged Kain in his youth for the BO2 timeline or that several demonic creatures with an apparent hate against vampires have tried several times to destroy the Empire of Kain for the timeline before BO2 happened.

"having the Hylden try and kill everything after the world was doomed by Kain's decision anyway makes them less of a competent, respectable enemy and more... comedic"
I still believe that the world will always be doomed after or before the Pillars collapse simply because of the Elder God existence. Killing everyone in existence in that world may have helped to starve the Elder God to death and hopefully after many millennia the world would have recovered and free of the Wheel of Fate oppression. But this is just assumption on my part regarding the objectives of the Hylden. I still think that they should instead have cursed the vampires to also see the god they where worshiping would have helped to make them realize the deception they were trapped into. Not that cursing the vampires with immortality wast a bad idea to show them how little their god cared once they were exempt from the Wheel.

I just Want a HD remake. Dear God I just want a HD remake

I'm currently playing the original Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain since it was released as a PSOne Classic on the EU PSN Store. I own all the games in the series and it's a shame that such an intricate, interesting, mature and dark story was left hanging unfinished. There needs to be a resolution!

Aww how cute Azreal and Kain exchanging gifts, lol actually I thought Kain's gift was fitting XD

Am I alone in liking the Soul Reaver series? I mean heck I played 1 forever, 2 and 3 wherent superb but all together it was a great series.

Primus1985:
Aww how cute Azreal and Kain exchanging gifts, lol actually I thought Kain's gift was fitting XD

Am I alone in liking the Soul Reaver series? I mean heck I played 1 forever, 2 and 3 wherent superb but all together it was a great series.

Well, you may like the series, but you don't remember things very well. It's RAZIEL and not Azreal.

And there was no Soul Reaver 3, you probably meant Defiance...

I'm not trying to be rude, just correcting you.

Man... I really loved this series but was so glad that it ended. I think the hardest thing for any epic like LotR or LoK to do is find a good ending. Most just continue on with sequel-itis because they keep finding a reason to continue the stories.

I was happy that all of the games in the series (except the non-canonical Blood Omen 2) had a purpose and that the story has been resolved. I like to revisit them once in a while but i don't want them to make any more.

FoolKiller:
Man... I really loved this series but was so glad that it ended. I think the hardest thing for any epic like LotR or LoK to do is find a good ending. Most just continue on with sequel-itis because they keep finding a reason to continue the stories.

I was happy that all of the games in the series (except the non-canonical Blood Omen 2) had a purpose and that the story has been resolved. I like to revisit them once in a while but i don't want them to make any more.

hate to thread necromancy but the series ended on a cliff hanger. The Hylden were let loose and the Elder God was exposed to Kain through the help of Raziel purifying the soul reaver. The series need one more game to wrap up the story.

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here