Escapist Podcast: 026: The Old Republic & Holiday Greetings

026: The Old Republic & Holiday Greetings

This week, we discuss Star Wars: The Old Republic and the Good vs Evil morality. The Escapist contributors will be chiming in with their holiday greetings during the breaks. And our thoughts on some of the biggest and latest movie trailers.

Watch Video

Oooh, question from a guy from Staffs Uni. Hi to you! Drop me a message on here if you see my post.

Good cast as always, folks!

A podcast on my birthday! Quite a nice surprise,thanks guys/girl! :P

Always looking forward to these podcasts,quite pleasant and informative to hear.

Double post..delete please.

I think this is one of my favorite episodes ever. You should talk about American history more often.

I found the comment about expected interesting quite...well...interesting.

Recent story: In my search for a job in the games industry I came across a start-up company on craigslist looking for a pretty low-end programmer. More to the point at one juncture in the conversation he, upon noticing that I was also in Pittsburgh, asked if I followed the Steelers and was rather surprised that I did not in the least. On the other hand, I was surprised that he did given that he was a video game industry individual. Just interesting expected interests for entirely different reasons.

Anywho, haven't played kotor online myself, but I feel that in a Star Wars game light/dark side choices should not necessarily be good/evil. Perhaps I am off base, but as I recall the primary driving force of jedi powers is not necessarily being the nicest most giving person possible, it's being Lawful. Why are jedi not allowed to marry? They are not allowed to give into emotion. The dark side powers are driven by emotion. Yes, inevitably such emotion can corrupt and lead to evil acts, or otherwise the power given by emotions can corrupt, but dark side is not necessarily "evil." It almost feels like one would have two meters, one for morality and one for light/dark side. Now, pretty much always in games, light side is the donate a kidney to save the dying child on a backwater, war-torn world while dark side is replacing said kidney with a jar of termites, but, if I remember right, that's not entirely how it works. I am almost reminded of the Renegade/Paragon system of Mass Effect, except there you are still the savior of humanity in any case where as here you still can kind of force persuade someone to jump off a cliff because its funny.

Rakor:
More to the point at one juncture in the conversation he, upon noticing that I was also in Pittsburgh, asked if I followed the Steelers and was rather surprised that I did not in the least.

image (Click image for larger.)

Ah, yes, living in Edmonton's put me in a similar spot for not giving a damn about the Oilers (the Eskimos, not so much - football's not the religion hockey is). Can get quite uncomfortable when some member of the public asks me about the latest trade or something and I tell them I don't follow sports. Sometimes followed by them saying something like "Oh, I guess you people don't like hockey." You people? WTF?

Though in the interests of equal time, I do occasionally get weird looks from gamers for not being a Bioware fanboy. I guess every group has expectations about hometown pride.

Loved this episode, and I'm glad it didn't end up in the trash bin as it sounded like it may have. :)

There's nothing wrong with being silly, tangential and barely related to games once in a while.

FYI, Elvira is still hosting Movie Macabre.

Holiday Greetings to all of you! You kind of derailed completely on this podcast and it was tons of fun to listen to you guys go talk. Cheers!

On a sidenote, bats do have nipples. In fact, all mammals do, it's kind of our thing, you know? They're just under all that fur.

EDIT: well, under further research in turns out not all mammmals have nipples, them being absent in echydna and platypus, but then again what strange thing is not found in those species of animals? Bats do nurse their young, however.

I would just say that regardless of what people would like, the Mason-Dixon line does not get to move around. I think the people who would want to dispute its location are the same people who developed the term "Mid-Atlantic" to disassociate themselves with the sorts of people who choose to use the phrase "War of Northern Aggression." That's the only reason the former term exists (heavily used in more liberal Northern Virginia and in similar places in North Carolina for instance). There is a desire to self-identify based on the current social composition of these regions, rather than with the historical contexts. My wife, born and raised in Virginia, hates being referred to as being "from the South," as for her it implies that she is a pro-slavery racist. As far as I'm concern it means not such thing, and detracts from the fact that "the South" is a complicated and nuanced place that has evolved very different over the years from where I'm from (which has itself changed a great deal). Okay, enough with the scare quotes.

As a liberal from the north (Massachusetts), I also think it does our a country a great disservice to try and obfuscate the history leading up to the American Civil War. While slavery and structural racism were the biggest elements of the conflict, the civil war was an extension of a debate over which of two divergent societies in America would be the dominant. It also hardly settled either of the main arguments (the utter failure of Reconstruction has not boded well for subsequent US counterinsurgency campaigns around the world and that reality rarely gets talked about) and initially Federal authorities were willing to be immensely flexible. Maryland was exempted from the Emancipation Proclamation as part of agreeing to remain in the union, only abolishing slavery in 1864. West Virginia only had to agree to gradual abolition of slavery, which began in 1863, to join the union.

The Escapist Staff:
026: The Old Republic & Holiday Greetings

This week, we discuss Star Wars: The Old Republic and the Good vs Evil morality. The Escapist contributors will be chiming in with their holiday greetings during the breaks. And our thoughts on some of the biggest and latest movie trailers.

Watch Video

Where are the animated pictures where you have to put Vaseline? You mention you'll post a link.

I suddenly feel like singing "I'm a Good Ol' Rebel".

(What can I say? It's a catchy song, and in particular Hoyt Axton does a great job with it.)

สาร PG ที่ว่านี้เป็นสารที่ใช้เป็นตัวทำละลายระดับ Food-Grade ให้แก่สารตัวอื่นทั้งหมด ให้สามาราถอยู่รวมตัวกันได้ กันการตกตะกอนเมื่อทิ้งไว้นานๆ PG เป็นสารที่อยู่ในเครื่องสำอางค์แทบทุกชนิด รวมทั้งแชมพู สบู่ โฟมล้างหน้า หรือแม้กระทั่งลูกอม ก็มีสารที่ว่านี้เช่นกัน สำหรับขั้นตอนการเลิกบุหรี่ด้วยบุหรี่ไฟฟ้า ผมนำมาจากเอกสารกำกับสินค้า บุหรี่ไฟฟ้า บุหรี่ไฟฟ้าทำงานด้วยแบตเตอร์รี่ลิเธียมและไมโครชิพซึ่งเป็นหัวใจของระบบ ทำให้มีไฟสีแดงสว่างวาบที่ปลายมวน ผสมเข้ากับแท่งนิโคติน ภายในบรรจุนิโคตินและสารโพรไพลีนไกลคอล (PG) ในแบบรูปของเหลว มีให้เลือกตั้งแต่ไม่มีนิโคติน หรือ โลว์ - มีเดียม -ไฮ ตามความต้องการของผู้ใช้ ขณะที่อุปกรณ์ขนาดจิ๋ว (ไมโครชิพ) ที่ทำหน้าที่เปลี่ยนของเหลวให้กลายเป็นละอองหมอก และจะทำให้นิโคตินเหลวร้อนขึ้นเมื่อผู้ใช้สูบ (เปิด/ปิด อัตโนมัติเมื่อมีอากาศไหลผ่าน) และกลายเป็นไอภายในสองวินาที ให้ได้รับสารนิโคตินในเกือบจะทันที แต่ไม่มีน้ำมันดินและสารก่อมะเร็งใดๆ แอมโมเนีย มีฤทธิ์ระคายเคืองเนื้อเยื่อ ทำให้แสบตา แสบจมูก หลอดลมอักเสบ ไอมีเสมหะมาก การใช้งานนั้นเมื่อแต่ประกอบแบตเตอรี่ และ หลอดนิโคตินเหลว (Cartridge) เข้ากับตัวเครื่อง คุณก็สามารถเริ่มการสูบได้แล้ว หากไฟสีแดงอ่อนหรือไม่ติดแสดงว่าคุณต้องชาร์จแบตเตอรี่ หากเมื่อสูบแล้วไม่มีควันคุณต้องเปลี่ยนหรือเติมหลอดบรรจุนิโคตินเหลว บุหรี่ไฟฟ้า คงไว้ซึ่งสุนทรีย์ในการสูบและแทนที่บุหรี่จริงได้ เป็นบุหรี่ที่ไม่มีใบยาสูบเป็นสารผสม สิ่งที่ผู้สูบเจ้าบูหรี่ไฟฟ้าจะได้รับมีอย่างเดียวก็คือ สารนิโคติน และสารเคมีโพรไพลีนไกลคอล (PG) ที่เป็นละอองมีลักษณะคล้ายควันบุหรี่ โดยจะบรรจุในรูปแท่ง (cartridge) ควบคุมโดยระบบอิเล็กทรอนิกส์ขนาดจิ๋ว และเทคโนโลยีอะตอม โดยใช้แบตเตอรี่สำหรับอัดไฟไว้ในเครื่องเพื่อใช้งานเมื่อเจ้าของต้องการสูบ ไม่มีกลิ่น ทำให้ไม่มีปัญหาเรื่องลมหายใจ ฟันไม่เหลือง และตัดปัญหาเรื่องควันบุหรี่มือสองได้ นอกจากนี้ บุหรี่ดังกล่าวไม่มีส่วนผสมของสารทาร์ สารพิษ หรือ สารก่อมะเร็งและไม่มีเปลวไฟ ไม่มีสารพิษใดๆ บุหรี่ eRoll ดีไซด์ใหม่ของ บุหรี่ไฟฟ้า ขนาดเล็ก ซึ่งเป็นของขวัญจาก Joyetech เหมาะสำหรับคนชอบ บุหรี่ไฟฟ้า ที่มุ่งเน้นในการพกพาและแฟชั่น eRoll มีความจุของแบตเตอรี่ 90mAh แต่มันความมีความสามารถที่แรงขับในการทำควัน ด้วยกำลังไฟ 3.7V จึงสามารถตอบสนองแก่คุณได้ทุกความต้องการ

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here