GinxTV: Ginx Daily; Backchat, Episode 3

Ginx Daily; Backchat, Episode 3

Looking back on the games that were.

Watch Video

No Dark Souls? Well then this show is worthless to me now.

Kidding

but serisously

kidding

Sweaters = Jumpers?

Also Crotch first jumping? I don't get it.

Why you so scottish?

Aoife's Irish.

burningdragoon:

Kidding

but serisously

kidding

Definitely would have made the top 10! Also, I think sweaters are the same as jumpers...? You crazy Americans ;)

Star Wars: The Old Republic may have just came out, what, five days ago? But it's still a game of 2011, and probably the best MMO ever made.

Y u no love Marvel vs Capcom 3?

I thought the gaming community would be all over Amaterasu kicking the various arses of Mahvel!

It's always satisfying to beat up Magneto with a wolf.

Sadly, I haven't played any of these games yet. I just have to say, the ending was adorable.

I'm so happy that I managed to play so many of those games. Just Skyrim and Arkhum City left (and since I've only just finished Arkhum Asylum, I can afford to wait) :D

rod_hynes:

Also Crotch first jumping? I don't get it.

Nathan's jumping method is to crotch thrust so hard at where he needs to go, it drags his whole body with him, arms and legs flailing behind :D

For a game that has some of the best animation ever, the jumping one always sucked, particularly if you're just randomly jumping whilst running around. Prettiest looking game this year though. As I was playing it, time after time I just stopped to admire the sights.

AoifeGinx:

Also, I think sweaters are the same as jumpers...?

Sweaters, jumpers, does it really matter what we refer to them as? You crazy Northern Irish type people ;)

I don't think just because it is the end of the year you need to make a "top whatever" video, it in itself is too predictable and then when you combine it with predictable choices, you just end up with a video so full of predictability that I could watch the first 5 seconds and then basically just know what was going to happen for the rest of the video; obvious game choices followed by an obligatory ending where we remind you that the host is in fact a cute girl who has at least some knowledge of video games. If you really are to be part of the Escapist community, maybe check out the Jimquisition, his last video was the top ten WORST games of 2011, I'm not asking you to copy him but even such a simple switch as doing bad as opposed to good offered enough of a change from the expected.

Come on Aoife! You can do this, you just need a bit of work...Oh and maybe don't refer to us as "the darkest depths of the escapists forums" I know we may seem like a hive of scum and villainy to you but we really do have feelings, I promise :(

AoifeGinx:

burningdragoon:

Kidding

but serisously

kidding

Definitely would have made the top 10! Also, I think sweaters are the same as jumpers...? You crazy Americans ;)

Hmm... I can live with that.

I don't mean to sound ungreatful but were is Zelda Aoife?

Evil Smurf:

Ha! Given my well documented love for the Zelda series I thought it would be best to leave it off the list or succumb to a 2 minute drooling fest. Plus I wanted it to be a little more well rounded and thought with Zelda there'd be too many RPG titles in there... ^_^ But yeah, Skyward Sword is definitely one of my favourite games of the year, and I think my favourite one I've reviewed.

Also, Shotgun Guy, I hope you didn't take offence to me saying 'darkest depths'- I only meant because there's so much content on here you have to dig deep; not comparing the forums to Mos Eisley! :)

AoifeGinx:

Evil Smurf:

Ha! Given my well documented love for the Zelda series I thought it would be best to leave it off the list or succumb to a 2 minute drooling fest. Plus I wanted it to be a little more well rounded and thought with Zelda there'd be too many RPG titles in there... ^_^ But yeah, Skyward Sword is definitely one of my favourite games of the year, and I think my favourite one I've reviewed.

Also, Shotgun Guy, I hope you didn't take offence to me saying 'darkest depths'- I only meant because there's so much content on here you have to dig deep; not comparing the forums to Mos Eisley! :)

Star wars reference for the Win!

I happen to like the Mos Eisley music- just don't sit across from that crazy smugler, and you will be fine.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here