Proper Parenting

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Proper Parenting

With a dash of holiday cheer.

Read Full Article

It's okay. We all know Grey is a chump anyway.

Lazy good for nothing...

You should start a new solo comic.

With Blackjack.

And hookers.

Man, what douche spends the holidays with friends and family? selfish bastard.

This is an actual problem with non-gamers trying to buy presents for gamers. There's just so much that can go wrong on so many levels, shovelware being just the most common problem...

Ah if only they would do this straight out of the factory...

sigh.

I liked the comic though I had to reread it to understand what was being said. But yes shovelware blows. My 7 year old got a Cars 2 game for Wii and already said he hated it.

I'm pretty sure this is the intended use for shovelware.

Nooooo, Mini, don't bite your tongue while shooting a shotgun! Recoil is not a joke, you'll bite and bleed all over yourself! :S

She's a hell of a shot to be able to skeet shoot with a rifle like that.

That is a HUGE BULLET.

GOOD SHOOTING!

Grey Carter:
Proper Parenting

Read Full Article

It's like you guys were spying on my childhood.

....You weren't, were you?

CaspianRoach:
Nooooo, Mini, don't bite your tongue while shooting a shotgun! Recoil is not a joke, you'll bite and bleed all over yourself! :S

If they don't do it, they'll never learn. Half of my friends only remember not to press the scope to their face specifically because they disregarded the advice and get idiot cuts a couple times.

Also, it's how I learned to stop licking electric sockets.

Hey Corey, how come you don't get a tag in the credits anyway? Everyone knows that Grey just borrows from C-A-D for jokes.

If I'm not mistaken, the little quote at the very bottom is from the song "Moon on the Water" by Beat Crusaders.

Ahhh, the joys of skeet shooting with a box of shovelware...

so, i read a few of the comics for this series in the past, and never really got into it.

this most recent comic, however, completly sold me. i'll have to read the entire archive now.

I have a cool aunt too. If she was 76,5% cooler I would be shooting thrown plates too.

Thanks Erin for setting the family cool bar to impossible levels, jerk. :P

Barbarossa_5:
She's a hell of a shot to be able to skeet shoot with a rifle like that.

Agreed, never seen a shotgun with that design but I've seen plenty of rifles.

"Please mommy, let me love aunt Kelsey."

Most. Horrifying. Panel. Ever. When decontextualized.

Good message in it. :)

HANG ON A SECOND.
"I was sure, couldn't let myself go, even though I feel the end."
That's a lyric from Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad. I used to love the hell outta that show when I was a wee little high schooler.
*Is giddy*

Grey Carter:
Proper Parenting

Read Full Article

Broken rules of gun safety:

1. Pointing a gun into the air. While a better place than most, pointing a gun into the sky leaves a bullet in the air which can land anywhere for miles. While the chances of anyone being hurt by that stray bullet is slim, the chances of it hitting anyone if was just pointed at the dirt (unless your a mole person living 1.4 inches underground).

2. They are not wearing ear protection, unless they are wearing tiny ones and not earmuffs.

How WOULD Erin be as a pregnant woman?

I'm not quite sure what happened there because I couldn't figure out what order to read it in.

CanvasWolfDoll:
so, i read a few of the comics for this series in the past, and never really got into it.

this most recent comic, however, completly sold me. i'll have to read the entire archive now.

Have fun. You got around 200+ strips to read. It might take you awhile.

Good one. Luckily, if my family thinks about getting me a game, they either ask me what I want or I get a gift card.

Grahav:
I have a cool aunt too. If she was 76,5% cooler I would be shooting thrown plates too.

Those aren't plates, they are game discs.

Heh, wow. So I knew I knew nothing about shooting and all... So yea, lets maybe disregard some of my glaring issues in safety, ear protection and weapon choice...? Again this was a little cobbled together at the last minute so Im sorry for the inaccuracies and entire lack of a punchline.

And yea, the lyric is from moon on the water. That show gets my high school nostalgia bits all excited

Awww...

That nearly brought a tear to my eye.

I love a good family bonding experience over the holidays!

Red Rum:

My word, your right. That is the most disturbing image yet in this comic. lol

Panzervaughn:
That is a HUGE BULLET.

Seriously. Who entrusted Erin with a shoulder-fired Howitzer?! ...or ANY FIREARM AT ALL FOR THAT MATTER?!

Red Rum:

Scary.

Hmm... I believe you are missing a certain word near the last panel or so...

That word being "Pull!"

Teasing/nitpicking aside, I wish I could convince others to do this with shovelware games. In fact, shovelware devs would make much more money just making decorative disks to be shot at. Cut out the coding and console requirements, and they'd make a killing!

This is indeed a smart idea. I think I'm going to do this right...now.

America: where parents let their kids play with real weapons.

rhodo:
America: where parents let their kids play with real weapons.

And the people said amen.

I was 10 the first time I went hunting with the Boy Scouts. I was a top marksmen throughout my scouting career. I had my Rifleman and Shotgun merit-badges, only 2 of the 50 badges I had (I stress that so it does not sound like shooting was all we did).

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here