GinxTV: Ginx: Planet of the Apps: The Rise of Angry Birds

Whilst a lot of what you say is convincing, I can't help but feel that Rovio are sitting on top of the biggest bubble ever, way more than Zynga, I just can't see it being a permanent thing even though instead of going away it just keeps on getting bigger

Still prefer Crush the Castle...

I liked this more. A nice review-ish sort of thingie. So, yeah, thumbs up? At least one.

Telperion:
I liked this more. A nice review-ish sort of thingie. So, yeah, thumbs up? At least one.

Still plays like advertising.

Why is this on the escapist?!! It feels like shallow quote-whoring dressed up in slick production. It really feels like escapist should be/is paid to show this drivel rather than their normal profit share arrangement.

ACman:

Telperion:

Why is this on the escapist?!! It feels like shallow quote-whoring dressed up in slick production. It really feels like escapist should be/is paid to show this drivel rather than their normal profit share arrangement.

All reviews are advertising, calling it out for being one is ridiculous.
Also, advertising is what pays for keeping this site running and pays all those shows you love to watch on Escapist. Its not selling out if that's what it takes to keep going.

renzozuken2002:

ACman:

Telperion:

Also, advertising is what pays for keeping this site running and pays all those shows you love to watch on Escapist. Its not selling out if that's what it takes to keep going.

No. Reviews are not advertising in that a review can present a negative portrayal of a product.

I have no problem with advertising as long as it is presented as such but advertising should not be disguised as op-ed or editorial.

ACman:

renzozuken2002:

ACman:

No. Reviews are not advertising in that a review can present a negative portrayal of a product.

I have no problem with advertising as long as it is presented as such but advertising should not be disguised as op-ed or editorial.

Any advertisement is good advertisement, even if its negative. When a product is being shown to thousands of potential buyers it counts as advertisement. Some marketing practices actually thrive on negative advertisement.

But none of this really matters, these videos help pay for hosting costs and that's what really matters.

renzozuken2002:

ACman:

renzozuken2002:

Any advertisement is good advertisement, even if its negative. When a product is being shown to thousands of potential buyers it counts as advertisement. Some marketing practices actually thrive on negative advertisement.

But none of this really matters, these videos help pay for hosting costs and that's what really matters.

The idea that any publicity is good publicity is utter fallacy. See the Ocean Martkketing/Stratagy debacle.

And content should be distinct from advertising (Especially review, feature or editorial content). I have no problem with advertising but there is an ad before this video which should be sufficient. To have the video itself essentially be infotainment level advertising dilutes the usually cute community made videos here on the escapist.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here