2011: A Year In Review - News Posts

2011: A Year In Review - News Posts

We, the fine people of The Escapist, bring to you the latest installment of the week of Top Tens with the Top Ten News Posts of 2011.

Read Full Article

Ah, I remember all these. Wow, the year went by quickly. When is the cut off point for 2011? Cuz that PA vs Ocean Marketing is quickly becoming my favourite.

Man how did I missed that zombie proof house? Other than that I remember reading those news.

I'm not surprised that the majority of them deal with Skyrim.

So 3/10 deal with Skyrim and 1/5 deal with Portal 2. I wouldn't say that the skyrim faces and character creator stories belong in the top news of 2011. The Skyrim bug, however, does because it's both an interesting look into the development of games and freaking hilarious. For the Portal 2... I will say that both do belong in there. The backstory does help bridge between one of the most famous games and it's sequel, and the other belongs there just because how big the ARG event was. Though I kinda think there could have been a better story from it.

Other then that, I have no real complaints. Is it sad I remember every story as if it were yesterday?

wow. I should've known the escapist would have no mention at all about the arab spring or the imminent collapse of the euro. Then again, I never had much respect for the escapist's news service.

Kapol:
So 3/10 deal with Skyrim and 1/5 deal with Portal 2. I wouldn't say that the skyrim faces and character creator stories belong in the top news of 2011. The Skyrim bug, however, does because it's both an interesting look into the development of games and freaking hilarious. For the Portal 2... I will say that both do belong in there. The backstory does help bridge between one of the most famous games and it's sequel, and the other belongs there just because how big the ARG event was. Though I kinda think there could have been a better story from it.

Other then that, I have no real complaints. Is it sad I remember every story as if it were yesterday?

chances are the ones on the lists were the ones with the most views and the hype for skyrim was huge so every article about it generated a lot of views

Pat8u:

Kapol:

chances are the ones on the lists were the ones with the most views and the hype for skyrim was huge so every article about it generated a lot of views

Yeah, this is not a "most important" list. Like it says in the article itself it's "most popular...based on reader interest."

Pat8u:

Kapol:

Ah. Well I thought they were what were considered some of the best/most interesting stories of 2011. My mistake. That'll teach me to post at 4 am when I can't sleep. That reasoning about the hype of Skyrim sounds accurate though. Still, I am somewhat surprised that the two big Skyrim stories had to deal with the character creator (I do include the faces article as part of the character creator system myself). I would think that it'd be... something else. Not sure what off the top of my head to be honest.

Also, now that I can more easily think, was there a Desert Bus for Hope 5 article? If so, I'm sad to see it not up there and wonder how it would have ranked.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here