Unskippable: Alice: Madness Returns

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Alice: Madness Returns

Alice's memories help the madness make its triumphant return.

Watch Video

A very weird cutscene.
No joke about that old ladys nose?

How is blocking out her mammaries going to help her deal with the Trauma of seeing a Tim Burton adaptation of her life?

warthoggunner:

They must not of had a tissue, I mean issue with it.

I really don't see the problem. That's what my dreams are like all the time...

Who goes "My mind is destroyed!"?

Apart from Miss exposition.

I used to dislike the voice acting for Alice.
Then I imagined her with the voice of that girl from X-Blades.

Now I love this voice actor.

The Gentleman:

Mine too. Really, describing my dreams to my friends makes them stare at me with worried expressions...

Heh, those two together would indeed make for an... interesting... collaboration.

Graham_LRR:
Snip

Your Avatar- is extremely well done. I love it very much so, has such great quality and everything! I envy you, I wish I had an Avatar drawn of me in such a way but oh well. Still, it's a fantastic Avatar no doubt!

OT: That was.. creepy. However it's done to where I grow curious to see what happens to Alice throughout the game now. Also, why would that psychiatrist mention that traumatizing past to the little boy? Wouldn't that sort of scar him more or something? Jeez...

After playing the game recently, something tells me it would be great for a GPLP. It's only 8 hours long and there's enough silly/stupid content in there to get you through.

What was up with the doctor's eyes? They looked to be permanently rolled up in his head...

Well that was... unsettling. Also, great avatar. Is it new?

If I remember, Graham's new avatar is his picture from the DB5 poster by Mike Lunsford (admittedly I had to search the name).

Good episode. Although damn you for making me (and probably most who watched the video) yawn.

Speaking of Dante, Y U NO update the GPLP?? I need my fix! I needs it!!
Anyways, nice one, was wondering how they went about starting a story like that.

binnsyboy:

The Gentleman:

Mine too. Really, describing my dreams to my friends makes them stare at me with worried expressions...

I know the feeling. Oh, pshaw. They'll never understand.

The original American McGee's Alice was a cult hit on the PC, though many dismissed the game, and its sequel, as just "Alice in Wonderland... just darker" and called it a gimmick. Those people are idiots that most certainly never experienced the games and peeled back the layers of some of the most lurid, thought-provoking, complex, and mature writing in any video game. Alice: Madness Returns is a very compelling look at the psyche of a woman who underwent great trauma and is trying to solve a murder mystery, yet the only way to do so is to journey into her own mind and sift through her disjointed memories and fantasies to piece together the puzzle of who killed her family. This is done against a backdrop of jaw-dropping artistic visuals that truly let the artists go wild, along with some highly clever puzzles and platforming sections. While the pacing is a bit hit and miss (most levels last far too long), and the graphics themselves aren't always the best in the business (often quite blurry), it's still a journey packed with memorable set pieces, memorable characters, memorable twists, and a memorable ending, and it quite nearly became my favorite game of the year (a few late-year entries took the cake, though).

Man, that therapist is so disinterested. I think he's only trying to get her to forget she paid in advance.

Wow, that rabbit explained everything.

what a bad psychologist, couldent Alice go some where else?

I don't want to play that game, I want Alice to be fixed, not caving in and having delusions of slaughtering her way through her mind :(

The Random One:
Man, that therapist is so disinterested. I think he's only trying to get her to forget she paid in advance.

agreed, he may as well just be saying "yawn, bring on an interesting case... oh look Charlie, you pa killed your ma in front of you... how riveting... do tell me more... Alice get lost"
Worst Shrink Ever!

Yep, definitely still want to play this game... even if it ends up giving me nightmares.

DVS BSTrD:

They must not of had a tissue, I mean issue with it.

You just blew my nose mind, sir!

While I was watching this I got thinking that I would love to see you do an unskippable on Eternal Darkness (mostly because of people going insane and all). Its a much better game (at least from what I heard about madness returns) but the opening bit would be great material for you. And have you done a Game Cube game yet?

LSD and Shrooms, a potent combination. Alice needs an intervention not a psychiatrist.

Evil Smurf:

She couldn't- this guy is the only one her HMO allows.

404 error: file not found.

I'm using firefox, please fix this soon so I can watch it and receive the daily allotment of vitamin chuckles.

edit: And so it has been fixed or more likely it fixed itself, lovely.

This game actually seems worth buying...

Oh and that woman had a Scottish accent, not an Irish one. Oh dear guys.

Weird coincidence: I was just playing that game right before I came on this site and saw this. Huh.

Evil Smurf:

She can't, she actually lives there. It's an orphanage that the doctor runs. She's about 20, but she's there anyway as the doctor's personal psychological experiment. This is how fucked up her life is:

Her entire family is dead.
She went nuts at age 9 (the beginning of the first game) and spent 10 years in an asylum.
She has no significant inheritance as the family home and any valuables within burnt to the freaking ground. All she has is a small amount of money.
The outfit you see her wearing are the only clothes she owns. Of course, in Wonderland she has a kick-ass wardrobe.
Her lawyer's a douche who's bleeding her dry.
She has "issues" to say the least.
People offer to make her a prostitute so she can pay the bills.

Yep, all based on a children's book. Yay!

This game is so loveably pretentious.

TheMann:

This post is really funny seeing the avatar you are using.
Not like original fairytails were not twisted.

This makes me wanna play the game (should be cheap now).

PurePareidolia:

Someone else who watches retsupurae? Nice. Yeah, I remember that joke from there. Good one.

OT: Well...that was interesting. And I would like to see something from those two. Would be...interesting.

TheMann:
Weird coincidence: I was just playing that game right before I came on this site and saw this. Huh.

Evil Smurf:

She can't, she actually lives there. It's an orphanage that the doctor runs. She's about 20, but she's there anyway as the doctor's personal psychological experiment. This is how fucked up her life is:

Her entire family is dead.
She went nuts at age 9 (the beginning of the first game) and spent 10 years in an asylum.
She has no significant inheritance as the family home and any valuables within burnt to the freaking ground. All she has is a small amount of money.
The outfit you see her wearing are the only clothes she owns. Of course, in Wonderland she has a kick-ass wardrobe.
Her lawyer's a douche who's bleeding her dry.
She has "issues" to say the least.
People offer to make her a prostitute so she can pay the bills.

to be fair C.S Lewis was high as a kite when he wrote it

Not your best, guys, but then, considering the source material...

warthoggunner:
A very weird cutscene.

Yeah, really. Missed opportunity for a whole bevy of nose based jokes, there. And that's not a thing to sneeze at, really.

Lambi:

PurePareidolia:

Someone else who watches retsupurae? Nice. Yeah, I remember that joke from there. Good one.

Thanks. I was sure nobody would get that.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 69852)