Media Sandwich: Media Sandwich Episode 3

Media Sandwich Episode 3

Media Sandwich welcomes MovieBob for added hilarity.

Watch Video

So much to comment about in these long "podcasts" it's hard to keep track, here goes:

Mythbusters- Yeah, it's kinda sad that they seem to be grasping for subjects (but I'm guilty, I want them to test the scene from Killer7 where Garcian jumps off an overpass onto a passing truck). One really good one they CAN'T do is if RFID chips in credit cards can be read remotely, search on youtube for "Adam Savage RFID" for why, it's pretty funny.

Hulk movies- Am I the only one that liked the Ang Lee Hulk movie? Yeah, the comic panel transitions were goofy, but overall I thought it was good. (flame shield activated)

Christmas calls?- Maybe around 40 minutes I can't make out the movie/whatever you mention that Bob says he's got a video up for already, sounded like "christmas calls" and I can't see any titles sounding anything like that in his video sections.

Celebrity games- That Bruce Willis game was called Apocalypse, pretty generic I know. Too bad you couldn't go on about the celebrity game vehicles. Remember Mace? That was supposed to have the voice talent of Gwen Steffani. I bought it at a Best Buy for $4.99 but I haven't ever played it, true story.

Good episode! Looking forward to the second part.

@Endocrom - I enjoyed the Ang Lee Hulk movie as well. It's not perfect, but it's good.

I have really enjoyed these podcasts so far. Thanks for introducing me to Clan of the Gray Wolf; like Chris I watched all of the 16-bit gems in a marathon and now have to wait.

Looking forward to part 2!

Nice to hear Bob on! I seem to have missed the chance for questions, but I've always wondered how he decides which movie to review if there are several out in one week.
I like that you only focused on the gifts for the holiday section, you know what's interesting to listen to.
I'm glad I'm not the only one that loathes Bane, I've never gotten how he even fits in in the Batman universe. I wonder how that movie would have been with the Joker, I'm sure their plan got really screwed.
I've never liked Hulk, and have also never liked his movies. Did I understand it right that they're doing TV movies with him?
Where can I find those things they discussed where they dissect bad movies? It sounds interesting.

I have to say I like the intro, so please do't change it, it makes the "show" more fun and personal.

Any chance of this podcast being released on itunes? It's just much simpler to download and listen without having to have the site open.

Ouch, this appears to be the week for podcat-podcast technical difficulties. Very good one for as long as it lasted :)

I feel really bad about Bob now as I have used his gender games video in the multiple 'women and video games' threads that pop up here. Not because I think he is unable to be proven wrong but because he puts the argument in a much better and concise way that I ever could rofl :p Sorry Bob!

I agree with the Bane issue. I can't see that I can get excited about him as a villain. The most threatening thing about him is that he's freaking huge, I mean think about when you walk in and just 'find' him in that room in Arkham City you practically poop yourself (well I did :p) Average sized guy in a mask just isn't really impressive and Catwoman just looks like some woman in leather. It's been TOO toned down.

I have a question for you guys.

Have you read any of the new 52 comics? and if you have what do you think of them. I'm reading Suicide Squad at the moment and the addition of Harley Quinn is both surprising and great fun. The Batman storyline is great too but feels like it's taken off a little slowly although that might be my impatience at finding out what is going on :p If you haven't read them then is there a particular reason or are you just not fussed?

xXxJessicaxXx:
I feel really bad about Bob now as I have used his gender games video in the multiple 'women and video games' threads that pop up here. Not because I think he is unable to be proven wrong but because he puts the argument in a much better and concise way that I ever could rofl :p Sorry Bob!

I wouldn't be if I were you considering the fact that he does it. I mean many of his written articles has him citing his own videos as sources to support his arguments.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here