Trailers: Game of Thrones - Trailer

Game of Thrones - Trailer

Winter is coming, so is the Game of Thrones video game.

Watch Video

Hang on, was that George R. R. Martin at 1.51?

Why can't someone like Bethesda or Bioware make a Game of Thrones game?

You know, a company that can make a good RPG and lighting engine. Seriously, that lighting looks like it should be on a PS2 or something.

The mean faced guy in the winter shots reminds me of the that Sith Lord from the Cover of Kights of the Old Republic

The inclusion of The Spider, without any other recognizable members of the main cast (fire swords guy is the only other one I know from the books) Seems to imply that this is set during the reign of the Targaryens. Also the staircase of with the three headed dragons that is the sigil of their house.

All I can say for now is that at least it looks like Westeros: rough around the edges.
But my little Tyrion Lannister is protesting the absence of whores.

AntiChrist:
Hang on, was that George R. R. Martin at 1.51?

Guy with the Big White beard that only gets that one shot? Yep.
Someone else pointed him out the last time they posted this trailer, but I only found him this time to.

I'm afraid it fails the LRR raven test

I love the GRRM cameo, and really really hope that this is better than the RTS (probably futile).

Playing a Red Priest could be lots of fun too: the night is dark and full of terrors.

But why is this being posted now? I saw this trailer about a month ago...

EvilPicnic:
I love the GRRM cameo, and really really hope that this is better than the RTS (probably futile).

Playing a Red Priest could be lots of fun too: the night is dark and full of terrors.

The red priest is what drew my attention too.

In which time period of the books this game will take place?

I said this several times to this and the other game. If the HBO production can reproduce on screen aspects of the world correctly under an incredibly tight financial budget for television. There is absolutely no excuse for a video game not to get them right.

I think this looks pretty cool :3 Idk bout you, but I'm looking forward to this~

is it just me or does this games graphical quality 4 years behind?

Misleading as fuck. Got very excited for a second, expected to see more HBO.

Please title it "Game of Thrones game - Trailer" or something. I expected a real trailer for season 2 or something.

Grahav:

As we see shots of Jeor Mormont and Varys looking pretty similar to their TV-show versions we know it to set around the time of the books or immediately prior (so it's not being done Kotor style in Westeros's past), and it can be set no later than part-way through book 2/season 2 because

In some shots your character seems like a very magically proficient Red Priest; specifically with the casting of the flaming sword, which Thoros -the official envoy of the Red Priesthood in Westeros- was unable to do in book1 (he faked it). Seeing as how a resurgence in fire magic in Westeros is tied to

I think it's probably set during late season 1/early season 2.

But that's just an educated guess based on the assumption that the developers care about fitting the game into existing canon. Which is by no means a certainty...

Grahav:

EvilPicnic:

Personally, I'm quite interested in the story of this rogue Black Brother.

I imagine since the Red Priest will have fire abilities, he'll end up having something to do with frost? Apt, considering the wall is made of ice.

Grahav:

EvilPicnic:

It is set at the same time as the books. You play a Ranger of the Night's Watch in the North and a Westerosi Nobleman who became a priest of R'hollor in Essos and has now returned to King's Landing

I'll be upfront, I don't know anything about these books/series. Going off of the promos on HBO, I thought it was an alternate version of medieval england centered around a bunch of royals conniving for power. So someone explain why there are fire swords, guys with modern glasses, african queens, smoke monsters and (for lack of a better term) white orcs in medieval england?

Endocrom:
I'll be upfront, I don't know anything about these books/series. Going off of the promos on HBO, I thought it was an alternate version of medieval england centered around a bunch of royals conniving for power. So someone explain why there are fire swords, guys with modern glasses, african queens, smoke monsters and (for lack of a better term) white orcs in medieval england?

Because the setting (at least at the beginning of the books) is a fantasy world that has grown up a bit, where most people believe magic is merely superstition. So when the dragons/zombies/skinchangers/flaming swords start showing up, people freak out.

It takes some political inspiration from events in history, but it is very much a fantasy.

Endocrom:

Fire Swords - Thoros the Red Priest buys swords cheap and pours oil on them and sets it on fire to scare people, i'm assuming the character in the trailer is doing the same.
Modern glasses - that's a cameo by G.R.R Martin
African Queens - I'm assuming it is Chataya or Alayaya, two prostitutes from the world's equivalent of Africa.
Smoke monster - They're called Shadows, they are dark magic summoned by Mel to kill people
White Orcs - You're either talking about the Wildilings, a bunch of barbarians who live in the north.

Wait so it's an adventure game not an RPG (you don't play a character of your making, but play through stories as other characters)? That's incredible news! With the dynamic of A Song of Ice and Fire a proper RPG would either be pointless (go screw around in this place that'll never see POV characters or any event of story significance) or abominable (go screw with the story for no reason); playing through the story arcs of various characters is a much better idea.

-sigh-

I'm calling it once again.

This game is either going to be shit, or incredibly mediocre.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here