No Right Answer: Firefly vs. Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Pages 1 2 NEXT

I thoroughly enjoyed Dan stepping in for Chris and thought he did a great job. I'm hoping with the potential drop of Drinking Games, he'll be a regular guest appearance or possibly be involved in some sort of rotation. Winner faces a new challenger type thing.

Anyways, while watching this, I was scratching my head thinking of Arrested Development. Nice setup with Chris. I got a good chuckle.

Dark Angel. That shouldn't have been killed off either.

Wait a minute today is Wednesday not Thursday unless today is their new timeslot?
Oh and I chuckle at the end.

Also to the tech teeam behind this site, the word "Chronicles" got cover by the usual panels on the right side so you want want to make the font size smaller for future news/ video with many letters in it.

Firefly vs. Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Dan steps in for debating duties, with Chris taking a week off to heal his sultry voice. Notice Dan's greasy hair, a sure sign that his newborn prevented him from showering. Anyways, on to the debate. One of the hidden downsides of Netflix is that you can watch an entire season of a show, get hooked, and then find out that your old pal Fox cancelled the series years ago. So, which series with "Potential" did Fox throw out the lube and screw the hardest?

Watch Video

Personally... with the annoying preachy religious overtones that only got stronger as the second season progressed, I think Fox was right to cut their losses with SCC.

Comments A WHOLE DAY BEFORE the episode even shows up in latest videos. Great work programmers.

OT: Sarah Connor Chronicles didn't feel like a part of the real Terminator series. The whole atmosphere, camera style and attitude tied it in with that Salvation abomination that people only remember for Christian Bale's little tantrum recording. Plus the plot was all predetermined, we know he's going to end-up leading the resistance of mankind, but for now we've got to deal with all this lovely angst and grime and robots that AREN'T Arnold Schwarzenegger. It looked like Lost without all the pointless mysteries and repeating character flashbacks.

Firefly was it's own show, with it's own mythology, it's own characters and it's own story. It was so much more unique. And I really WANTED to see more of these characters: What was the deal with Shepard Book? Will River every get back to anything resembling normal and who were the guys chasing her? What was the deal with Sheppard Book? How the hell did Wash and Zoe get together? What was the deal with Shepard Book? Will the doc finally grow a pair and kiss Kaylee? Will Mal and Inara finally get together? Who's head will Jayne smash in this week? And WHAT THE FUCK WAS THE DEAL WITH SHEPARD BOOK? Anyone who has watched both Futurama and the Simpsons knows that there are a lot more possibilities for stories in the future and in Space. That's why I think Firefly got screwed over more, even without the rescheduling and the mixed-up air dates. It could have done so much more than a Terminator show.

I must remember to pick-up that book about Sheppard sometime.

Agreed. Dan did a great job.

Well, Arrested Development is getting new episodes, so that's awesome. Personally I would've debated for the show Wonderfalls. It got cancelled after FOUR episodes. Not even enough time for the characters to have serious arcs. I later got to watch the entire first season on DVD, and things got weirder and more interesting.

Perfect ending. Chris wins again!

Alakaizer:
Well, Arrested Development is getting new episodes, so that's awesome. Personally I would've debated for the show Wonderfalls. It got cancelled after FOUR episodes. Not even enough time for the characters to have serious arcs. I later got to watch the entire first season on DVD, and things got weirder and more interesting.

Wonderfalls was great, but fails to qualify because Fox managed to cancel that one before anyone ever heard of it. It does bring up another possible debate though, who has had more/better series killed by network incompetence Bryan Fuller vs. Joss Whedon?

Well, it looks like chris won this round.

Dan did really good here. He needs to be brought back at some point. Damn you spit take rule!

This debate brought up a question in my head. Why does Seth McFarland get so many shows?

You know, I never actually watched any of those 3 shows, which is odd because I liked Terminator 1 and 2 and Firefly does look like something I would have liked, have no idea what Arrested Development is though.

And Chris steps in to deliver the final word! Hilarious ending!

Firefly was definitely better executed, but TSCC was much better sci-fi.

Story-wise I agree with the video where TSCC actually had time to develop story arcs and therefor felt more abrupt in it's ending...whereas Firefly didn't have any arcs, just good self-contained episodes with solid character development and interaction.

SPOON!

How about decent series that FOX hasn't cancelled?

(Simpsons doesn't count. Futurama/Family Guy were)

I have just recently started watching Firefly and it is probably one of the best shows ever made. Why the hell did they cut it off the air? Bad move Fox.

But personally, I don't think Firefly would have had such a niche appeal if did go on. A lot of people wouldn't have watched it now if it weren't one of those, "Oh yeah, it was cowboys in space. It only lasted one season," things. Firefly should stay a relic of something that once was. A reminder to all of the future generations of how awesome and more space-cowboy-ey the future would have been.

As for SCC, I never liked it or watched it. I was a fan of the first two, but didn't watch the series.

Great episode all around and I have to agree with Chris. Arrested Development got screwed the hardest of all.

I'm so glad Chris rectified Arrested development. Still, the only right answer is Firefly. It never even got a chance, and it had every element of becoming an awesome, long running series had they even given it a chance. Btw, where might I find this comic book you mentioned?
But seriously, WTF is wrong with Fox??
Oh, and what happened with this thread?

Kaleion:
You know, I never actually watched any of those 3 shows, which is odd because I liked Terminator 1 and 2 and Firefly does look like something I would have liked, have no idea what Arrested Development is though.

You should watch all those, especially Firefly.

Not watched Arrested Development and only seen one episode of Firefly but I haven't a clue which one. But... Firefly.

Terminator did get screwed but Firefly didn't even get through one season before it was cancelled. I don't understand why they decided to air the episodes out of order. Or air it on a Friday night.

Dude, Dan is a great debater. He really brought out the good points but while maintaining a good character (personality really.) I hope to see more of him, plus the ending was just to hilarious since we can all agree that is true. Which brings up a point that I fully agree with Chris on-

Fox, you blow. Why do you do this to people? Do you get a kick out of it or what? The reasons for everything you do just baffles me more then what our Congress and Federal courts debate about (and those are just worthless debates might I add like if pizza is a veggie...)

The_root_of_all_evil:

SPOON!

How about decent series that FOX hasn't cancelled?

(Simpsons doesn't count. Futurama/Family Guy were)

The Tick should have been adopted by Comedy Central. Futurama was a great show Fox threw away and Comedy Central saved it. I think The Tick had the potential to be saved if given to the right network.

One thing I loved about Futurama and Family Guy was when both shows insulted Fox for their cancellations after their un-cancellation. Although Seth MacFarlane did it in person on his show which took balls.

This is the highlight of my thursday's, you guys are brilliant, and was that Camera Dan the Camera Man?.

If you guys ever stop off in my hood, I'd totally buy you a beer or perhaps Jones Soda (whatever it is, its cool I'll find some).

Loved the ending. And Dan did a great job for his first time... keep that in mind, ladies.

But yes, be it Arrested Development, the Tick, Firefly, Terminator, Futurama, etc, etc, we can all agree Fox kills amazing things.

DigitalSushi:
This is the highlight of my thursday's, you guys are brilliant, and was that Camera Dan the Camera Man?.

If you guys ever stop off in my hood, I'd totally buy you a beer or perhaps Jones Soda (whatever it is, its cool I'll find some).

First of all, yes it was camera Dan the camera man. Secondly, where is your hood? Finally, thanks for the high praise

SoopaSte123:
Loved the ending. And Dan did a great job for his first time... keep that in mind, ladies.

But yes, be it Arrested Development, the Tick, Firefly, Terminator, Futurama, etc, etc, we can all agree Fox kills amazing things.

I don't get it. Are you trying to say that Dan is good in bed, or that ladies should expect good things from first timers?

Chris with Arrested Development FTW.

I can't believe no one mentioned Greg the Bunny.., I got cable and stopped watching FOX a loooong time ago and I really don't care what they do at this point.

unwesen:
Dark Angel. That shouldn't have been killed off either.

As much as I liked Dark Angle the last season killed that show for me before they even got cancelled, I never even bothered to finish it.

DigitalSushi:

First of all, yes it was camera Dan the camera man. Secondly, where is your hood? Finally, thanks for the high praise

DigitalSushi:

Firefilm:

DigitalSushi:

Well firstly Camera Dan the Camera Man put in a good show!, apart from getting the spit back (try harder next time young man).

My hood is London or Paris, neither cities have Jones Soda, a fine selection of beers await you guys though.

In defense of Chronicles, Serenity provided some amount of closure. I mean, there was no real conclusion, per se, with some sort of definitive end for the characters' adventures, but it still tied up a lot of their emotional arcs and solved a few mysteries about the 'verse, which is more than can be said about the finale of Chronicles.

On a semi-relevant-rant note? Fuck Joss Whedon. Fuck him forever. I know I should have expected it from him, but of all the characters to be impaled out of nowhere...

So is next week going to be, "who is a better character, Han Solo or Jar Jar Binks? "

Seriously, firefly is the platonic form of cut down in its prime. Follow that with Dollhouse (understandable that they cancelel it, but it was a great, though niche, show) and Arrested Development. Then every cancled show on fox except TSCC. THEN TSCC. TSSC was a great show, but it had lost all focus. It needed to end, and it was better because it endeid before the downward spiral. Firefly was like playing a games tutorial, it being the best thing you have ever played, then your computer exploding. It was great before it really started. TSCC was done.

Surely we must get an epic three way debate. Surely.

DAN ROCKS!!!

Dang. Here I was hoping Dan had murdered Chris and hid the body somewhere, then later realized what a mistake he'd made as he'd have to do the NRA. :p Though I did like the little thing at the end where Chris came back. It'd be interesting to see all three debating each other on something. but I think that's likely end up a 10 minute episode or longer and would be a bit hard to keep track of.

Also, I'm going to have to say that I'm glad Firefly was canceled. I'm not sure which of the two deserves to win this argument as I haven't seen Sarah Chronicles. But Firefly was amazing. But if it had gone on too long, I think all of what made it so great would have been drained from it over time. I would have said one more season would have been about all I would have wanted, and the movie basically was the second season. Wheadon even said in one of the commentaries for the movie that the plan for the second season had always been to have Miranda as the giant reveal.

Great sub, Great ending. GREAT episode.

Keep em coming!

Well at least Dollhouse finished its story. And it's the best one of the 3 by the way. Instead of 8 bloated seasons filled with shit, we got one okay and one awesome.

But, if we want to stick with cancelled shows, the winner is...

Yes, this is the 2nd best sci-fi show eveer (after Babylon 5). And it ended with a cliffhanger. Even FOX doesn't do that.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 4442)