Trailers: Soul Calibur V - Character Trailer

Soul Calibur V - Character Trailer

Get more acquainted with some of the characters from Soul Calibur V.

Watch Video

Just what we needed.

Another Kilik wannabe.

I can already tell that he's going to be insufferable.

Daystar Clarion:
Just what we needed.

Another Kilik wannabe.

Who was that girl Aeon was wrecking and does she always sound like she's having sex when she's fighting?

Daystar Clarion:
Just what we needed.

Another Kilik wannabe.

Him and Yoshimitsu. I'm getting increasingly irritated at my favorite Tekken fighter having to sound like a tool.

The new lizardman (Aeon did they call him?) looks cool, but I'm seriously annoyed to see so many young characters in the game, particularly the Kilik wannabe

.. They ruined Cervantes, for he was my favorite character to use in the Soul Calibur series. Why did they make him look like he originated off an Anime? (I have nothing against Anime, and I even like some Animes but this Cervantes looks like a rip-off pirate of One Piece or something.)

Besides that, I really disliked Kilik because he is even more Anime like then anyone I had seen before. Very annoying, which is why I wish to ask why do they all look so young? Shouldn't they look much older? I'll probably not bother even getting this game.. *sigh*.

And that is why I change all the voices to Japanese.

This trailer, it looks kind of awful.

Raphael looks pretty weird in a hat and jester clothes. I was hoping he'd keep the whole royal garb/fancy vampire look he had in SC3 and 4, it was simple and to the point. Now he just looks like he pasted paper mache to his clothes.

annoyinglizardvoice:
The new lizardman (Aeon did they call him?) looks cool, but I'm seriously annoyed to see so many young characters in the game, particularly the Kilik wannabe

Its seventeen years later. What would you like to happen? Douchie Daishi said he was going to make this game like new since he took over, and that meant new characters to fill the void of the ones that would be leaving.

OT: Hunh... didnt see Hilde in that trailer. And Aeon has be getting old. Im surprised he made the cut since both Sophitia and Cassandra didnt. Oh well. They're determined to run this into the ground, so I dont think he has much to worry about being chosen to make Soul Cal VI, VII, VIII, and IX.

quite offputting for a game which has people weilding swords for the finishers to be so tame

I'll probably buy this because I loved Soul Caliber II on the Game Cube and have been hoping for a decent sequel ever since. But why oh why do half the characters have to look and sound like whiny anime teenagers? And why did Taki (my favorite character) have to develop those ridiculous norks? And why does Raphael (my second favorite character) have to come across like some Japanese stereotype of a European aristocrat?

I just had a horrifying thought. What if Bethesda sold out and allowed a default Dragonborn into Soul CalibRE? *Shudder*

What the hell is up with their voices?

I wonder if anyone else also thought that the first character is basicly Wu-Kong .

Blarg. Sorry, Namco. It's nice to see a new SC game since it wasn't exactly a sure thing that the series was going to continue, but you definitely don't have any of my money coming your way. Even if the system and mechanics weren't intentionally dumbed down, I still wouldn't be buying a fighting game for essentially one character that I may actually want to play (that being Viola, who honestly looks rather interesting). No Mina, no Talim and no Setsuka (or even clones of them) pretty much kills any interest I did have.

That was....Dear god that was bad.

No setsuka... wow thats not typical why would they take her out?

I'm surprised, none of the women had excessively large chests. Has their development team decided that fighting with GG's is a bad thing?

danyy2009:
I wonder if anyone else also thought that the first character is basicly Wu-Kong .

I wish it was Wu-Kong - that would be awesome!

real recordings from the trailer's director.

"no, no, no, no, this ain't good, it needs more cliché, MORE, how else will they take the voice-over seriously?"

also, this seems far more anime-ish than seems appropriate, then again, that opinion IS based on just this trailer.

I'm liking the new lizardman though, he looks like a fucking dragon!

... they've replaced Kilik with Goku and three of the four characters were men beating up women with ease.

Soul Calibur games, don't pretend to have a plot. I'll only play this one if I can still create custom characters.

emeraldrafael:

annoyinglizardvoice:

Its seventeen years later. What would you like to happen? Douchie Daishi said he was going to make this game like new since he took over, and that meant new characters to fill the void of the ones that would be leaving.

OT: Hunh... didnt see Hilde in that trailer. And Aeon has be getting old. Im surprised he made the cut since both Sophitia and Cassandra didnt. Oh well. They're determined to run this into the ground, so I dont think he has much to worry about being chosen to make Soul Cal VI, VII, VIII, and IX.

If it has to be seventeen years later (which is a change I'd rather they hadn't made), I'd have liked to have older versions of the previous characters and one or two new ones who are at least old enough to fetch a pint, with one of them fighting using a broadsword and a big shield.

good times. I'm interested to see if they manage to reveal any new characters between now and the release

annoyinglizardvoice:

emeraldrafael:
[quote="annoyinglizardvoice" post="6.337022.13613681"]The new lizardman (Aeon did they call him?) looks cool, but I'm seriously annoyed to see so many young characters in the game, particularly the Kilik wannabe

If it has to be seventeen years later (which is a change I'd rather they hadn't made), I'd have liked to have older versions of the previous characters and one or two new ones who are at least old enough to fetch a pint, with one of them fighting using a broadsword and a big shield.[/quote

Id like there to not be a SC V the way this one is going but I dont think either of us are getting our wishes.

and like i said, he wants to try and make this a new game without it being a new game, and still have characters that are familar and "most fan favorite".

Seigfried isnt really supposed to make it, cause this isnt the same nightmare if you notice.

So it's now SC with a finishing move or bonus attack involved.
Meh.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here