Speak Your Mind in the Next Version of Dungeons & Dragons

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Played D&D since the Chainmail magazines days. Purchased First, Second and even the Third D&D editions. However when the fourth edition, that was enough. Our group finally said "fuck it". We just made our own rules if we found something we didn't care for. As we had done all along in the first and second editions as well.

It's not about the books, it's about the friends you make and can't believe your still playing with, surprised by the years that pass.

If by tweeking a few things here and there, your hoping entice gamers to buy the entire sets of manuals again and again, your dreaming, remember who your dealing with. The game is alive and fine. The sales are low because aside from the figs we need, we simply don't need new manuals everytime your guys are have a cash crisis. We play D&D, pretty sure we can figure out something on our own.

Zachary Amaranth:

FelixG:

I wouldnt worry too much, another Star Wars RPG is in the works by an unnamed company

In other A Call to Arms news, I can now report that we did not manage to grab the licence we were chasing for the game - Star Wars. We weren't really expecting this one to happen (we made a sideways reference to it in the State of the Mongoose), but we got much further along than we thought we would.

The interesting thing is why our negotiations ended - another company beat us to it. We are not going to reveal who this is (you have heard of them), as that is their fanfare to blow. However, I am sure many will find it intriguing that the licence covers card games, RPGs, and... miniatures. Now, the company concerned is not known for its miniatures lines, which will probably put paid to my dream of 28mm multipart/multipose Stormtroopers.

SO hopefully soon someone will reveal their new Star Wars RPG and card games!

I was never a fan of Saga (And hated 4e) I always preferred d20 revised

Yay!

I really preferred Saga in most respects, but I enjoyed Revised. I cut my teeth in gaming on the WEG version, so I always compare the new editions to it anyway.

Nothing ever quite lived up to the WEG version, I just couldnt get my friends to read the "old rulebooks" ~.~

FelixG:

Nothing ever quite lived up to the WEG version, I just couldnt get my friends to read the "old rulebooks" ~.~

Same for basically every gaming group since the D20 system came out. In fact, I can rarely get my friends to look at anything not D20.

Lousy philistines...

*shakes fist*

BARROWMAN!

General Vengeance:

If by tweeking a few things here and there, your hoping entice gamers to buy the entire sets of manuals again and again, your dreaming, remember who your dealing with.

The same people who bought 3rd, 3.5, 4, and Essentials?

That's like telling Activision that if they think people are going to keep buying Call of Duty games they're dreaming.

The sad part is that the real reason behind this is that WotC and it's foul lord, Hasbro, are out of ideas, and now they want yours. For free. To sell back to you at a profit.

For some reason..

"Tyler sold his soap to department stores at $20 a bar. Lord knows what they charged. It was beautiful. We were selling rich women their own fat asses back to them. " - Fight Club.

I hope the whole thing falls down and Hasbro shuts down WotC and gives up on the brand. Seriously, I've spent years having to deal with how they defiled D&D.

Let it burn, it's more merciful this way.

BaronIveagh:
The sad part is that the real reason behind this is that WotC and it's foul lord, Hasbro, are out of ideas, and now they want yours. For free. To sell back to you at a profit.

Oh, please.

The thing about the "open playtest" is that playtesting is what WotC does after these two others stages called "design" and "development". An open playtest is mainly a way to generate buzz and tighten up presentation. It's certainly not the right vehicle for actually collecting fundamental design decisions.

-- Alex

Great, just great, you actually got me playing D&D. Thanks a lot Greg.

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here