LoadingReadyRun: In Death as in Life

Pages 1 2 NEXT

In Death as in Life

He rests as he lived: kinda neurotic and odd.

Watch Video

Greg is now a matchmaking service? I wouldn't expect that as the sort of thing dead guys would do.

Also, I was expecting Kathleen as soon as "the hair" thing came up, but it was still pretty funny when she showed up.

Wow, superb acting by Kathleen.

Have you guys got yourself a new editing program or something? The last few videos seem... a bit off in the post-processing department somehow.

That... that hair...

Uh, where was I? Oh yeah, this doesn't actually surprise me, Ghosts are pretty much the annoying roommates of the undead.

once again, brilliant!

Written by Tim Sevenhuysen? No fucking wonder it's awesome! Nice job, Tim!

Kathleen. Always the one with "The Hair". :P James really likes that hat and jacket too *looks at Desert Bus 5 poster*

Dammit Kathleen! You couldn't have done something with a wig? Now my brain is stuck that scene from "There's something about Mary"
Other than great episode, Guess Paul just wasn't cool enough to come back as Blue Ghost

Ghost Paul: Less Terrifying, More Irritating.

Nice SCARE-doo Kathleen!

Wow, she really made her voice match the hair...
Also, great video.

DVS BSTrD:
Dammit Kathleen! You couldn't have done something with a wig? Now my brain is stuck that scene from "There's something about Mary"

Thanks, after reading your comment, my brain is now stuck with that scene.

Anyway, that was great acting from Came- Kathleen.

TIM! Its a wild Tim script everybody!

That hair was pretty ridiculous though was expecting something more outlandish.

I was humored. Humor was here. Something was indeed different about this one and I waited for the credits to see what was up. Written by Tim? Cool. I am glad to see this lanorious writing chore being spread around a bit.

Tim, I liked it. But you need a closer. Dialogue was good, but there was no punch for me at the end. To me, it just sort of ended with no discernable logical termination or hillarious twist. Now go again! Bring additional funny to the table. Possibly use a Rubik's Cube, Pig Latin and a narcoleptic badger for maximum impact.

Clankenbeard:
I was humored. Humor was here. Something was indeed different about this one and I waited for the credits to see what was up. Written by Tim? Cool. I am glad to see this lanorious writing chore being spread around a bit.

Tim, I liked it. But you need a closer. Dialogue was good, but there was no punch for me at the end. To me, it just sort of ended with no discernable logical termination or hillarious twist. Now go again! Bring additional funny to the table. Possibly use a Rubik's Cube, Pig Latin and a narcoleptic badger for maximum impact.

Thanks, Clankenbeard. If there was something I would change about the script, it would definitely be the final punchline. I struggled with the script a lot to find a good ending, and eventually settled on what you saw, which was less of a punchline and more of a Charlie Brown-style neurotic moment. I think it fits the tone of the video, but I agree that a bit more punchiness might've been nice.

Who was really dead? I have a feeling it was Greg's roommate and this was HELL.

Dude, it doesn't matter if you're dead, you're in front of the TV.

"I'm transparent!"

MOVE!!!

It's disturbing just how well Kathleen plays that part... Another solid episode, guys.

I think this actually has a reverse punchline of sorts. What I mean by it is that I liked it well enough the first time through, but then I watched it again latter and loved the moment where Paul mentions how being a ghost is great because he can go places and do things that the still living James can't. Knowing that the entire rest of the video is Paul being unable to do anything without James' help the line was really funny the second time, but it would have ideally been better to make a call back reference to the line towards the end so that you got the punch the first time through.

Considering how often paul plays dead people it's surprising that I think this is the first time I can remember him playing a ghost.

Being dead makes you purple, because the afterlife is grape flavored!

If he can't touch the computer and seat belts go through him... how does he move with the car?

I was enjoying that sketch... and then the ghost asked for a lift to the bar...
Then I started loving it :D

Priceless!!
Also... man.. that hair... Certainly... original...

Great to see Tim behind the writing as well!!

Aside:
Ah... Captcha deciphering...

Arachon:
Have you guys got yourself a new editing program or something? The last few videos seem... a bit off in the post-processing department somehow.

How do you mean?
I haven't been consciously doing anything differently.

Haha, my inner honky tonk. I could see how being dead would do that.
Kathleen's hair...I just want to stare.

You should make more of these, maybe have ghost Paul interact with other ghosts.

Wait.
If you can't physically move a mouse, but can physically ride in a car, does that also mean you can't physically go through a door and also can't turn the doorknob?

Being dead sux.

oh yeah country music sucks totally

*samples other genres on the radio*

ehh yeah put country on

Well if Greg's mind is now open to country music he really must've been stuck in that elevator down to hell for a long time...

And bitchy Kathleen is just as awesome as psycho Graham. I kinda wanna see the two meet now.

Awesome video guys, loved the baby-hair :P.

uuhm, could be i'm the only one who feels this way, but the drop in quality is very noticable. no offence guys, but these submitted scripts just aren't as good as the ones you make.

i mean, what the hell was the part about death being fluidity? how does that add anything to the rest of the sketch? why are they talking around things so much? if you cut the number of lines in half, the whole thing would be much tighter/funnier.

i get that you're struggling to keep up right now, but i'm really hoping you can get back on track before too long, because you are way better than this.

I feel sorry for James... He had to endure a lot in this episode.

I've seen better, but there is so a missed opportunity at the end there. The perfect counter would have been: "No, consider this door closed."

Farther than stars:
I've seen better, but there is so a missed opportunity at the end there. The perfect counter would have been: "No, consider this door closed."

I thought that was implied by James closing the door to end the conversation.

Don Reba:

Farther than stars:

I thought that was implied by James closing the door to end the conversation.

Yeah, I know, but I'd have still prefered the emphasis. Especially since there wasn't any real punchline to this sketch.

dat hair

Also, should've called the Ghostbusters.

That stinger had plenty of honk, but not enough tonk. :D

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or