Deus Ex

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Deus Ex

Humor Revolution

Read Full Article

That, was a lame joke. Yet still funny. Damn you.

I guess that joke is what you'd call a...
...Comic sans

PUN-OVERLOAD!

But how do we follow you, Grey Carter? I demand more words similar to bums.

I was expecting that joke to be everywhere last year. Who would have guessed an arrow to the knew would be funnier than font jokes.

Yes indeed, most amusing.

I don't get it.

This was a Comic Sans the humor; there's no real Impact, and it doesn't deliver the Myriad of laughs it's trying to. The joke feels like it was written on a sheet of Papyrus, by a Hobo, living in Georgia; what a waste of an American Typewriter. Plus, the drawings look like the ones I used to draw in the back of my Century Schoolbook, that is, before my pet Baskerville chewed it up; honestly, I've seen better artwork on a Playbill for Memphis.

Font humor is really stupid; I hope to see something better in the Futura...

DVS BSTrD:
...Comic sans

Meet the new font, same as the old font.

I hate Jenson's voice so much. Which is annoying, because I read the comic as though he was saying it. Ugh.

well, i like it :S especially the CSI-ref^^

ps: nerd-alert it is "A typeface is the the design of the letterforms,[...]while the font is the software that allows to install, access and output the design" [E. Lupton - thinking with type]

yeah, i just red it and it was one reason to signup, finally =)

Fun one XD

Had to actually re-read it to get the pun.. X_X
Shh..

Im sorry but I dont get it.

HAHAHAHAHAHA, puns. I love 'em.

Big thumbs up, Cory and Grey. xD

zombie711:

US Television program called CSI: Miami. Almost every episode stands with the central character standing over a murdered body, putting on his sunglasses, and making a relevant pun, followed by this.

David Caruso IS Adam Jensen!

DVS BSTrD:
...Comic sans

*cues up "Won't Get Fooled Again" by The Who*

Eeeeeeeyoooooooooooooowwwwwww!

I never asked for a lame pun.

You poking fun at this tired meme under the comic wont stop me from using it!

PapstJL4U:
well, i like it :S especially the CSI-ref^^

ps: nerd-alert it is "A typeface is the the design of the letterforms,[...]while the font is the software that allows to install, access and output the design" [E. Lupton - thinking with type]

yeah, i just red it and it was one reason to signup, finally =)

Another equally zealous nerd could say that "font" is just a carry-over from when each letter had to be cast in metal and each size and style sets were different fonts within a family or typeface ('font' from the french 'fonte' meaning 'foundry' and the verb 'fondre' meaning 'to melt'). In this digital age however, the distinction is much less relevant. It's actually the word 'font' that's lost its meaning, since we don't need fonts anymore to print a typeface, but it's well known and causes no confusion when used interchangeably with 'typeface'.

OT: I love that Jensen has one less step to putting on the sunglasses; He can get to the awful puns quicker!

Otaku World Order:

Instant CSI (Click on the sunglasses). Use it. Love it.

Spread the cheese!

EDIT: Herp derp double post -_-

That was the perfect use of the sunglasses meme. Perfect.

zombie711:

David Sarif is the founder of the company for whom Human Revolution's player character (Adam Jensen) works. "Sans" means without. "Sans Sarif" is a font. Jensen also has "sunglasses" built into his skull.

When you put it all together..

That is the best joke I've ever seen in this comic.

I give you guys a virtual hi-five. *slap*

Haha! Loved it! I personally, having never seen CSI Miami I didn't get the reference, but I appreciated the Sans Sarif joke all the same! (Although have no Idea why I know that Sans meant without! Serously, i've been sitting trying to work out how I know, but have no idea!)

And the vast collective of The Escapists squeed cause they like Deux Ex. Bad pun or not.

Zachary Amaranth:

DVS BSTrD:
...Comic sans

Meet the new font, same as the old font.

Still rock and roll to me.

Otaku World Order:
David Caruso IS Adam Jensen!

DVS BSTrD:
...Comic sans

Ah shit, you beat me to it! XD

You know if you'd made that joke 2 years ago I wouldn't have gotten it.

both these Deus Ex comics made me laugh out loud... :P

oh GODS, why did I get that immediatly?!

Tiger Sora:

Still rock and roll to me.

I'm gonna have to disqualify you for not using a Who song.

Mike Fang:

Ah shit, you beat me to it! XD

And technically, I beat ya both. :p

Maybe I played too must Deus Ex that I read this in Adam's voice. It made it that much funnier xD

Man, I really love the art in that first panel. The watercolor-esque reflections really capture the feeling of the ridiculously grand Sarif lobby. Nicely done.

DVS BSTrD:
...Comic sans

Sorry. you just reminded me of that. XD

HardRockSamurai:
This was a Comic Sans the humor; there's no real Impact, and it doesn't deliver the Myriad of laughs it's trying to. The joke feels like it was written on a sheet of Papyrus, by a Hobo, living in Georgia; what a waste of an American Typewriter. Plus, the drawings look like the ones I used to draw in the back of my Century Schoolbook, that is, before my pet Baskerville chewed it up; honestly, I've seen better artwork on a Playbill for Memphis.

You go to your room and you think about what you've done, young man.

For some reason, when I saw the last panel, I thought of Jenson yelling, "I DONT HAVE TO FALLOW SIGNS! IM THE FUCKING SUCROSE KING!!!"

HardRockSamurai:

I cannot believe what you just did.
You're a horrible person.
Almost gave me an aneurysm.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook