Miracle of Sound: Back in Time (Prince of Persia)

Pages PREV 1 2

this song would fit perfectly it these games. Is there any particular reason you didn't mention warrior within?

YEAH PoP!
Freakin sweet, Gavin.
The verse was better than the chorus IMO, something I'm not a fan of in a song, but it was still a good song. : 3

This has got to be the worst song you've ever done.

While the melody was interesting, the lyrics made no sense, coming off as really awkward and word salad. Its even more repetitive than usual, if not the most repetitive tune in your line-up. The female vocalist, while not incompetent, had a voice that just clashed with the song... forgive me for not knowing how to describe it... it just didn't feel like it fit.

CounterAttack:

MiracleOfSound:

CounterAttack:
I've been meaning to ask this: Do you take requests for songs/games to sing about?

Yes, if enough people ask for it!

Huzzah! In that case, would you be interested in a Bastion-themed song?

...This must be made. Please Gav? Please please please please please?

Mikodite:

While the melody was interesting, the lyrics made no sense, coming off as really awkward and word salad. Its even more repetitive than usual, if not the most repetitive tune in your line-up. The female vocalist, while not incompetent, had a voice that just clashed with the song... forgive me for not knowing how to describe it... it just didn't feel like it fit.

Erm... Did you even play those games? Because the lyrics make all the sense in the world. You might not like the music or the vocals and that's fine. But when it comes to lyrics you're just talking out of your ass here. Sorry.

Mikodite:

While the melody was interesting, the lyrics made no sense, coming off as really awkward and word salad.

The lyrics make perfect sense, thank you very much. Just because you don't understand something doesn't mean others don't.

Despite never having played one of those games ( I know, I suck) that was awesome :D
Really catchy and yet again, you've managed to bring something fresh to your sound.

Did I hear a female vocalist in there too? If yes, she's awesome.
If no, then.. still awesome!

silverdragon9:
this song would fit perfectly it these games. Is there any particular reason you didn't mention warrior within?

It sort of does. As white, black and grey align with the Prince's general demeanor in each game.

I went from white to black to grey
Along the course I lost my way

The biggest reason I suspect is that much of the song revolves around or pertains to the Prince's relationship with Farah, who save a fraction of a second in the ending doesn't appear in Warrior Within.

silverdragon9:

It does in fact:

'The light, the dark, the symmetry' = Sands Of Time, Warrior Within, Two Thrones

'I went from white to black to grey' - this describes the Prince's journey through the 3 games

'I long to be home now, so far from the end' - This line is the part of the story where the Prince is stuck on the Island of time ;)

EDIT: Ah. Justin already explained it!

Boba Frag:
d.

Did I hear a female vocalist in there too? If yes, she's awesome.
If no, then.. still awesome!

You certainly did, that is my good friend Lorna who kindly helped me out on this one :)

Slycne:

The biggest reason I suspect is that much of the song revolves around or pertains to the Prince's relationship with Farah, who save a fraction of a second in the ending doesn't appear in Warrior Within.

Exactly right... and it's also a reference to the feeling that the Prince kind of lost a little of his charming personality in Warrior Within before becoming half of each in TT.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here