The Xperiation Date

Pages PREV 1 2

I own this phone, I love it. The screen looks fine if you don't count pixels like you would count bars of gold. It plays SNES, GBA, GBC, NES, MAME, and even a few N64 games. The processor is more than enough for basic day to day phone usage, and it runs an updated version of its OS... I simply see nothing about it I would really criticize.

You can't create a niche? Pretty sure marketers would disagree.

I picked one up since it was quite cheap, and i liked the idea of having a gaming keyboard on it. Been having a good time with it, owned 1 for about 2 weeks now. Today i've been playing The legend of zelda: a link to the past on it and it works perfectly with the pad. Having different emulators on it makes it brilliant, even though i mainly use it for snes games. ^^

Turtleboy1017:
I own this phone, I love it. The screen looks fine if you don't count pixels like you would count bars of gold. It plays SNES, GBA, GBC, NES, MAME, and even a few N64 games. The processor is more than enough for basic day to day phone usage, and it runs an updated version of its OS... I simply see nothing about it I would really criticize.

recently got mine cheap and i agree completely, the emulators alone makes this phone worth it.

Jeziah:
The Play was pretty poorly timed. It was designed with the peak of technology, sure, but right at the end of that technology's lifetime- the Adreno 205, for instance, had been the best gpu for a couple of years, but not half a year from Play launch and we've got dualcore smartphones. They should have held out a little bit longer for stronger technology and they should have priced the games lower.
Nevertheless, I bought the Play on launch at full price and am extremely well pleased with it. Its only downside is that it is a little bit heavier; its immediate upside is that it has dual-channel ram, the first phone to do so. It's faster than most and feels very good in the hand, the camera is good (720p video) and the LED flash is amazing, and it's very sturdy (I've dropped it from 5 feet while running, kicked it on it's way down, watched it hit concrete and bounce through gravel as it landed, all with the control deck extended, and it has lost no functionality and the casing was only slightly scratched).
Of course, I didn't buy it for it's good design and powerful internals; SONY BUILT A PSX EMULATOR RIGHT IN. They don't remake the games to run on the phone, they have software on the phone that runs any old rom you've got kicking around, even PSP games. Flawlessly. It's magnificent. You just have to use a simple utility to compile your rom to a .apk to install. Boom, check it: https://github.com/yifanlu/PSXperia/wiki I play WipeOut 3 on my phone all day, bitches.
Beyond that, of course, is Yonghz's Nintendo 64 emulator, n64oid, on the SlideMe market; in its latest release, I can play Smash Bros, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Star Fox 64, Kirby's Dreamland etc all perfectly. And with the touchpad. I like this more than the PSX emulator, honestly.
There are of course also Yonghz's Sega Genesis, GBC, GBA, SNES, NES, Atari etc etc emulators, and they all work perfectly with the control deck too. I really, really love this phone

You sir, are the reason why I'm going to buy this phone now as soon as I find a good deal o.o Thank you very much.

I own one and my biggest gripe is the anlog sticks, the whole idea of it was physical buttons but for 99% of games the anolog sticks worked poorly at best. and the lack of avialiable ps1 titles and built in memory (whithout being able to transfer the whole program to an sd card without jail breaking it). it could have been more.

If the holy grail is a gaming console married to a phone, instead of trying to tack a gaming console onto a phone, wouldn't it make more sense to add a phone as a feature on a gaming console? I'm pretty sure that having the ability to use my vita as a phone would be awesome, while not diminishing its primary use as a vita.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here