Zero Punctuation: Super Mario 3D Land & Rayman Origins

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Super Mario 3D Land & Rayman Origins

This week, Zero Punctuation reviews Super Mario 3D Land and Rayman Origins.

Watch Video

I agree with what he said about SM3DL, Nintendo was entirely on Raccoon Tail high during development of that game, you literally saw that thing EVERYWHERE. XD

Ahh... Grr...

One of these days, Marios going to kick Bowser's ass for no reason and Bowser will file assault and battery charges against him, ending the franchise ten-years too late.

Ha, I remember the old Rayman on the playstation, could never get past the music level. That level was crazy hard, least for someone of my age, given that it came out of the playstation I'd have easily been under the age of ten when I got my hands on it.

Mentioning the voodoo curse? Poor form, Yahtzee. I mean, we all knew about it, but we don't like to rub Nintendo's nose in it.

The Gentleman:
One of these days, Marios going to kick Bowser's ass for no reason and Bowser will file assault and battery charges against him, ending the franchise ten-years too late.

Super Mario: TRO.

Also, Yahtzee is BIAS! BIAS BIAS BIAS!

Its weird how much Yahtzee praised Rayman while the reception to it from most other reviews were luke warm at best. Still, this game is one of the best to come out of 2011.

As for Mario. Well its Mario so there you go.

Gawd I love the aesthetics in Rayman... although enjoying them can be hard sometimes what with you CONSTANTLY being murdered!

Sovvolf:
Ha, I remember the old Rayman on the playstation, could never get past the music level. That level was crazy hard, least for someone of my age, given that it came out of the playstation I'd have easily been under the age of ten when I got my hands on it.

I couldn't get past the arts and crafts level... and as an aspiraring artist that hit below the belt abit.

Throwing darts on Post-it notes really seems to be the development process for new Mario games nowadays.

Man, am I disappointed Rayman Origins isn't on Steam... I really want to play it X3

moviebob is gonna have some words with yahtzee

I loved Rayman on the Playstation, good to see he's back, even gaining praise from the unlikeliest of sources. Keep swinging that gold fist Ray.

Shadowstar38:
Its weird how much Yahtzee praised Rayman while the reception to it from most other reviews were luke warm at best.

88/100 - Xbox 360
87/100 - PS3
92/100 - Wii

If someone threw water that lukewarm at me my face would melt off.

Zachary Amaranth:

The Gentleman:

Super Mario: TRO.

Super Mario San Quintin has a nice ring to it.

I'm actually enjoying Super Mario 3D Land. Although I had to turn the 3D off because it messed up my platforming. ...And I wish they'd left out Cosmic Mario. God I hate that little shit.

So, I'm guessing that if Yahtzee had played Rayman Origins some weeks earlier it could have ended up on his Top 5 of the Year?

Hmmm... on one hand Yahtzee just went through the typical "Jokes made every time there is a Nintendo review" with a couple token ones for the specific game like he always does for half the review.

On the other hand it's nice to see someone give Rayman Origins the praise it damn well deserves, and doesn't see it as lesser or undeserving of a retail release just because it's a 2D game.

On one hand he once again takes shots at the system the game is on like he has a quota to do so every time he reviews a Nintendo game.

On the other hand it's nice to see someone remind audiences that aesthetics and music and solid design choices are more than enough to warrant a game being good.

Aaah Grrrr indeed...

2D or not 2D, that is the question.
Good thing he also reviewed Rayman this week. I think Super Mario left Yahtzee feeling rather...

*puts on sunglasses*

...testi

IncredibleKoosh:

Shadowstar38:
Its weird how much Yahtzee praised Rayman while the reception to it from most other reviews were luke warm at best.

88/100 - Xbox 360
87/100 - PS3
92/100 - Wii

Point taken. I guess what I was trying to say was there didnt seem to be that much genuine excitment.

IncredibleKoosh:

Shadowstar38:

88/100 - Xbox 360
87/100 - PS3
92/100 - Wii

But in the Bizarro World of video game reviews a "mere" 88/100 might as well be a 45.

I might actually have to get Rayman Origins in that case, I just hope it's not as hard as the first game.

I love the bit when he mentioned Rayman's floating hands and feet, then connected his avatars hands and feet. Good stuff.

Eh, I liked Super Mario 3D Land. Granted I've liked most of the Mario games.

Plus the Tanooki suit is just awesome so FEH on you! Specially in the secret worlds when you get to use the classic Tanooki suit.

Aside from that.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRR, aaaaaaah, GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR, aaaaaaaaaaah.

Poor Thwomps indeed.

Look at it this way: if it's fun, who cares?

It's always good to see Rayman get its due, it's probably been missed by lot of gamers given its moronic release date.
And Mario is Mario, he can release any day and still sell.

Shadowstar38:
Its weird how much Yahtzee praised Rayman while the reception to it from most other reviews were luke warm at best. Still, this game is one of the best to come out of 2011.

Wait, I've seen nothing but good things said about it. What reviews are you talking about?

DVS BSTrD:
2D or not 2D, that is the question.
Good thing he also reviewed Rayman this week. I think Super Mario left Yahtzee feeling rather...

*puts on sunglasses*

...testi

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

PLEASE EVERYONE! Escapist and Yatzee, withdraw all coverage and support from e3 this year unless they dtop supporting SOPA, watch this video to understand more.
http://penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/stand-together-the-gaming-community-vs-sopa-and-pipa

"The lives system, a stupid and outdated concept that Nintendo nevertheless have to stick to because of an ancient Voodoo curse that will make their bell-ends explode if they so much as think for five minutes."

I laughed so hard I missed the rest of the video.

couldn't quite figure which one he liked :P...
I've been interested in Rayman since I tried the demo with my friends. I'll add it to my "to get" list (which is getting a bit too crowded lately)

But didn't Rayman Origins completely tank in terms of sales?

I bet we won't see them trying to shove any more 2D platformers into $60 boxes for a while.

Oh, good video by the way. Best one for a while. Gat a few chuckles out of me.

Maybe Nintendo put all the tanooki suit references in there as a way of massively pissing of PETA?

GeorgW:
It's always good to see Rayman get its due, it's probably been missed by lot of gamers given its moronic release date.

Shadowstar38:

Wait, I've seen nothing but good things said about it. What reviews are you talking about?

the only one i can think of is that rayman is short and fully priced 60$

Oh god... the horror. This brings back memories of the first rayman game, fucking hard as nails, Rayman 2 was a lot better I feel.

rhizhim:

GeorgW:

Shadowstar38:

the only one i can think of is that rayman is short and fully priced 60$

I've heard that it's huge and has enough content, quality and charm to be priced $60.

Super Mario 3D Land is fun, but damn is the main quest short! Not counting the extra levels or collecting all the star coins, it took me three hours to beat it. I know that theres more levels but just saying the main quest is three hours long doesn't look good for the game does it Nintendo? Just bring out Super Mario Sunshine 2 already. XP

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here