Trailers: I Am Alive - Encounters Trailer

I Am Alive - Encounters Trailer

Several suggestions as to how to handle yourself after the apocalypse.

Watch Video

Ehhhh, looks like it MAY be pretty good...MAYBE.

I Am Alive, and I am wanting this game!

God, this game looks like it might be amazing but it's made by Ubisoft. FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU

So, is the next announcement going to be about the crippling DRM this game will surely have?

Man, I hope this game is good. It's the most unique game that's gonna come out that I can think of.

For reasons unknown, I want this game. I saw a release date of February, somewhere, possibly, maybe... Hmm, let's hope that was correct.

This continues to look like one of the more promising games this year.

And it's a Downloadable title? Yes, please! Here's hoping it plays ok on the PC. Figure I'll wait for the reviews to come in before I decide what platform to get it on.

Just need a release date now.

Still a shame this game got a major budget cut, goes to show gaming still has a long way to go, in the whole accept new ideas department. So there not making any physical copies, thats no excuse why it won't be avaliable on steam!

*Drops to his knees and puts his hands together in prayer*

Please God/Ubisoft, make this game good!

Oh, I've been waiting for this for a long time. Finally, a game where the AI says "I surrender, don't shoot!" and they actually mean it. Ahh, these are promising times.

Eh. What can't we have optimistic apocalypses?

Like "Shit, there goes civilization. Hey! No more income tax! I'm gonna build me a farm co-op!"

And then you spend the rest of the game recruiting wanderers to help work tilling the fields, building enough food to survive, and civilization starts up again from there. As you go you can hire scavengers to find old tech or start new tech trees to protect your colony, maybe even developing your humble farm into a true bastion of new civilization where you have stun lasers and repulsion fields, and you clone dinosaurs for meat and fit them with cybernetics implants to protect your territory and thus save humanity! Yay!

The more I see of this, the more I start getting mildly excited. I'd say I'm at about 60% sold on it so far. Sadly, that makes exactly 1.6 games I'm excited about this year...

Holy.

Crap.

This looks amazing already. I'm ALMOST sold on this game.

Almost.

so...its ike an almost realistic Fallout

SnakeoilSage:

Like "Shit, there goes civilization. Hey! No more income tax! I'm gonna build me a farm co-op!"

And then you spend the rest of the game recruiting wanderers to help work tilling the fields, building enough food to survive, and civilization starts up again from there. As you go you can hire scavengers to find old tech or start new tech trees to protect your colony, maybe even developing your humble farm into a true bastion of new civilization where you have stun lasers and repulsion fields, and you clone dinosaurs for meat and fit them with cybernetics implants to protect your territory and thus save humanity! Yay!

well...at least from this the motivations seem to be more about self defense and only killing if you absolutly have too

eather way its a grim scenario

So it's the post apocalypse, and humanity is almost gone, and you play a serial murderer who goes around killing everyone who's left?

Ewww...

Vault101:
well...at least from this the motivations seem to be more about self defense and only killing if you absolutly have too

eather way its a grim scenario

Yeah, I know. I'm just tired the post-apocalypse being inhabited by gangs of violent hobos bashing each other over the head for dried noodles and bottled water in the name of The Humongous. Why can't we have game focusing rebuilding civilization, instead of just dramatically depopulating the wastelands of mutant football fans?

Been intrested in this game every since it's first trailer. Hope it won't turn out awful, the last trailer I saw looked pretty damn bad iirc.
This one refuses to load for me, but based on the reactions in the thread it seems like it's rather impressive!

SnakeoilSage:

so it's like a Anno: after the blast.
sounds promising.

OT: I'm definately interested in seeing this one unfold, Ubisoft can make great games, let's hope they prove it again.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here