Drop The SOPA

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Drop The SOPA

Like a Dagger Made of Bricks

Read Full Article

Heh.

Oh EA, what will you think of next?

It's past the point of "frustrating" now. Now, it's just infuriating.

Most frightening ghost ever seen!

OT: point taken.

Fun fact, PIPA just got shelved.

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2012/01/reid-shelves-protect-ip-act-in-response-to-recent-events.ars

So yeah, there's that. Then again, SOPA was shelved and then promptly came back again. But still.

cant wait till i see this and someone taking it out context. Though thats rather funny, the wizard and a dragon part.

Fucking ghosts, being racist and junk...

Also, something completely unrelated that also made me chuckle today...

I love webcomics.

A wizard and a dragon. Clever.
If met one those i'd certainly try my hardest to make them ghosts, but since it's you two under there.

I am so through caring about EA's position on ANYTHING.

EA: We're too busy farming money from our franchises to address your point directly, so instead we're going to do a roundabout answer that'll satisfy anyone with half a brain and never speak of it again.

HAHAHA "we just like dressing up as ghosts"
that's just too good

I have a feeling this comic will have a warning label within the next few hours...

My representative in the house of reps supported SOPA, does that mean you will assume I supported SOPA?

Irridium:

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2012/01/reid-shelves-protect-ip-act-in-response-to-recent-events.ars

So yeah, there's that. Then again, SOPA was shelved and then promptly came back again. But still.

The exact same thing will happen to PIPA. It's just gonna go through with less opposition.

Kevlar Eater:

Irridium:

The exact same thing will happen to PIPA. It's just gonna go through with less opposition.

There is massive dtermination to get these bills though, infact many senators have described it as "a massive rush" at first with little time given over to techical experts and opinions. Now that scrutiny has come down on the bills they have been quickly shelved BUT that seems like only a tactic to take media attention off them.

Here's what im pretty certain will happen; The bills will be shelved, activism will die down a little giving the 'traditional' media an excuse to re-enact their news blackout and another mad dash of quick ammendments and arm-twisting will happen in the space of a few weeks with legisaltors hoping people will catch on too slow to stop it. The hearings are and will be a hurried push to pass the bills before scrutiny has time to come back down on them.

They are playing a giant game of grandma's footsteps.

Oh, EA, you crazy funsters!

It's like they don't have a clue about anything in that company sometimes.

Is it bad I want him to be caught eating a hobo?

Scrumpmonkey:
There is massive dtermination to get these bills though, infact many senators have described it as "a massive rush" at first with little time given over to techical experts and opinions. Now that scrutiny has come down on the bills they have been quickly shelved BUT that seems like only a tactic to take media attention off them.

Here's what im pretty certain will happen; The bills will be shelved, activism will die down a little giving the 'traditional' media an excuse to re-enact their news blackout and another mad dash of quick ammendments and arm-twisting will happen in the space of a few weeks with legisaltors hoping people will catch on too slow to stop it. The hearings are and will be a hurried push to pass the bills before scrutiny has time to come back down on them.

They are playing a giant game of grandma's footsteps.

I agree with this. We all need to keep an eye on these people. What's more, they need to be voted out of office this year.

This could make an appearance in the news? I mean, violation of intellectual property rights BY the figurehead politician for "protecting" intellectual property is pretty funny.

Oh come on be nice to EA.

In fairness, I imagine the decision to support SOPA is one made by the shareholders. However as an employee of EA I can tell you for a fact just about everyone I work with, from the Cafe lady to the Bigwigs at the top, all share our hate for SOPA and PIPA. ( I even have it on good authority that big John riccitiello, knows supporting SOPA is going to shoot the gameing industry in the foot.

psivamp:

This could make an appearance in the news? I mean, violation of intellectual property rights BY the figurehead politician for "protecting" intellectual property is pretty funny.

HAhha, wow I knew he was dumb but that's amazing.

I believe this is very appropriate:

Pointy ghosts, unite!

You know? "SOPA" in spanish means "SOUP". I'll let that sink for a minute.

oneplus999:
My representative in the house of reps supported SOPA, does that mean you will assume I supported SOPA?

Yes because governments and freely joined organizations are the same thing.

oneplus999:

If you actively go against her/his support (in most cases voting against) then no. If you choose not to vote during the next election or vote for your representative then yes you do support SOPA/PIPA.

I found it funny that someone who commented on the article about EA's lack of stance actually had something similar to today's comic.

Posted: Jan 17th 2012 11:22AM
jsx92 said

"Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice."

Also, if you belong to an association and they support something then you also support it. You can't sign up for the KKK and then go on to explain that you personally have no problems with people of other races.

EA can try to play it off all they want, everyone knows where their loyalty lies. My question is whether anyone will actually react or demand something from them. I fear we'll know but still pay millions a year for their game and they wont think twice about supporting a bill like SOPA (like ACTA) again.

Not sure how I doubled posted, but can't figure out how to delete a post either.

Hahaha! I have to say that was great, the reference and all. A great number of men have said "Appearance is everything." When you side with 'bad guys,' you can spend the whole day reflecting your position, but in the end you are still sided with them.

This is something that even people who are new to the SOPA/PIPA threat can understand. It's going to hurt the rep of quite a few places, but in the end, people will still buy something if its good enough or they want it enough. That right there is why all those 'boycott EA' threads from long ago never amounted to much, no matter the reason for it, although, this would have possibly put it over the edge if it had passed.

Great comic fellows!

I made the same comments months ago with the NRA, though I kinda prefer the Klan comparison for effect.

Irridium:

Well yeah, that's why people aren't sure it's gonna die. SOPA has been shelved like three times this week, twice "indefinitely."

Since SOPA has died so often in one week, people are fairly safe in being skeptical of the "death" of PIPA.

Not to mention, PIPA sponsor Pat Leahy has drafted several pieces of legislation like this which have only grown more bold with time. The next bill might not be so nice.

This cracked me up. That was a hilarious comic, which also expresses my opinion on this issue. :o

Is it bad that I want to hear about hobos being eaten just so I'll get to see another Critical Miss?

Grey Carter:
"I'll spare you the "SOPA is bad" speech. I'm assuming that since you're reading this, you're well aware of what SOPA/PIPA are, and what they could do if implemented."

This is probably the most hilarious thing I've ever read, considering most of the people who wrote the SOPA/PIPA proposals don't know what the feck they are.

Oogie Boogie's love child xD
Funniest thing I've heard today.

You know what else costs thousands of jobs yearly? Incompetent bosses.

Let's put forth legislation to stop that.

mcnally86:
Is it bad I want him to be caught eating a hobo?

Nope. I agree.

In fact if you want to know what the group is like, look at the members. EA, quit smoking us. We know what you want, some of us have received unsteller treatment and in all honesty, good riddance.

Even though I'm from South Carolina and the KKK is a black mark (among many black marks) on the history of my area, I still can only think of O Brother, Where Art Thou?

Though SOPA and PIPA are merely undead at this point. I believe a "double tap" is in order to keep them down.

Dreadjaws:
You know? "SOPA" in spanish means "SOUP". I'll let that sink for a minute.

Spanish is my main language (being mexican and all that), so this is the first thing that came to my mind when I ever first heard of the term "SOPA"

Seriously though, pointy ghosts are funny when they're racists :P

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or