Trailers: Darksiders 2 - Protagonist Trailer

Darksiders 2 - Protagonist Trailer

And here I thought that Death would be warm and cuddly.

Watch Video

Okay.

But this leaves us with a rather pressing question... just what the fuck are they going to do when it's Famine's turn?!

Zhukov:
Okay.

But this leaves us with a rather pressing question... just what the fuck are they going to do when it's Famine's turn?!

There is no Famine, nor Pestilence. This story uses Strife and Fury instead.

Also, this game's looking good. And I'm constantly reminded just how much I enjoyed the original game's art style, and that I really should finish the damn thing.

Gah, he's dual wielding scythes GANGSTA STYLE???

Also, death is PROBABLY the best known of the Horsemen? Guys, he's the only one people can consistently name. Not only that, but he's the only one where people could generally be expected to name the "colour" of his horse (well, prior to Supernatural, at least).

Loop Stricken:

One of the funny things, people forget that the modern horsemen are not the original, nor the only interpretation.

Zachary Amaranth:

Loop Stricken:

One of the funny things, people forget that the modern horsemen are not the original, nor the only interpretation.

Yeah can't forget Pestilence was also given an interpretation of Conquest, which could be considered Strife in someway.

As for Darksiders 2...just take my money.

This guy is a poser. Give me a game about Death from the Discworld series, and then we'll talk.

sailor_960:
This guy is a poser. Give me a game about Death from the Discworld series, and then we'll talk.

A game version of Soul Music. Now.

Zachary Amaranth:

Also, death is PROBABLY the best known of the Horsemen? Guys, he's the only one people can consistently name. Not only that, but he's the only one where people could generally be expected to name the "colour" of his horse (well, prior to Supernatural, at least).

Loop Stricken:

That's as well as may be, but that's the ones I know. Unless you count Pollution from Good Omens.

Loop Stricken:

Zachary Amaranth:

Loop Stricken:

That's as well as may be, but that's the ones I know. Unless you count Pollution from Good Omens.

Yeah, there's a lot of different version of the Horsemen. The original bible idea had Conquest, War, Famine and Death (though only Death was actually named), but since then Strife and Fury have shown up, sometimes alongside Conquest and Death. In Red Dwarf they had Death, War, Famine AND Pestilence, Charmed had Strife, War, Famine and Death (I think), and ps1 game Apocalypse had War, Famine, Death and BEAST.

So yeah, there's all sorts of names and they seem to be pretty interchangeable. Death seems to be the only consistent one.

OT; Game's looking good, hopefully they improve on the first one though, cos while it was a good game, it was a bit lacking at times. Combat certainly seems to be faster and more visceral, so that's good, now I just hope they keep the story and the world interesting .

Blegh. Famine and pestilence would be so much cooler. Famine would be a really skinny guy in basball t shirt and pestilence would be a guy in a hosbital gown complaining about the pillow not being comfy.

totally heterosexual:
Blegh. Famine and pestilence would be so much cooler. Famine would be a really skinny guy in basball t shirt and pestilence would be a guy in a hosbital gown complaining about the pillow not being comfy.

I'm thinking Famine should be a near skeleton anorexic chick, and she would attack by calling everyone fat until they got depressed and offed themselves.

OT: Well they sure got their PR mouth flapping down but the gameplay looks identical to War, don't bullshit us we can see you are taking the cheap road.
But hey another HD Zelda game is always welcome, I do hope they deliver on that new content part they so highly spoke of.

I thought Death picked no sides, so the only one's he'd attack are those who would defy mortality and break his rules.

then again, that'd make a rather boring game, no?

:)

the only game I'm looking forward to this year is looking good so far

Loop Stricken:

Strife isn't one of the four horsemen, he's Garrus from Mass Effect!

As for the gameplay, I really didn't like the first one, this may seem like a little better, but when they were talking about giving Death a gun and huge weapons and letting him fight like Kratos, I don't think this would be much of an improvement.

Did anyone actually play the first one? (no that is not a smug bastard comment) it is an actual question, as i was wondering was it any good?

The only problem with being Death is that he'd either be underpowered and weak or overpowered and strong. I mean, he's frigging DEATH, the only way he'd live up to his title would be to 1-shot everything (except maybe Gods/Demi-gods), but that'd make for a boring game. If he was to wail on people before killing them, then he's either a weakling or a sadistic bastard. From what I've seen, it's the former unfortunately. :/

One more thing: what happens if/when Death dies? How the hell does that work?

You got your Skeletor in my mediocre action game! He's even got the colors down.

Sylveria:
You got your Skeletor in my mediocre action game! He's even got the colors down.

Hmm, not seeing it. All I can see is Death, one of the four Horsemen in an awesome action adventure game.

sailor_960:

I think that sounds like a Bioware game. Death doesn't actually do much except RP and do his duty.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here