Escapist Podcast: 030: 2012 Films, Megaupload & Cake

Pages PREV 1 2

Also for clarification. Omicron is the planet Lyr on Futurama. Unicron is the planet that eats planets.

bdcjacko:
Also for clarification. Omicron is the planet Lyr on Futurama. Unicron is the planet that eats planets.

I barely managed to keep myself from shouting at the screen when I heard this part in the podcast.

Theta:

bdcjacko:

I barely managed to keep myself from shouting at the screen when I heard this part in the podcast.

Transformers is my jam. I tend to use starscream and unicron for my forum avatars. So that sat with me all wrong.

If you want to split hairs it's actually Omicron Persei 8 and it's spelled Lrr

The Escapist Staff:
030: 2012 Films, Megaupload & Cake

It's Kah-tee-ah, by the way. It's Russian for Katherine. Like the game. But I'm not Russian. I'm actually used to people not knowing how to pronounce my name properly.
Yes, it is I. ;/

Thanks so much for answering my question! I seriously didn't think you guys would read my question. "They probably get tons and tons of questions per week!", I though. But seriously, that really-explicit answer you gave me was more than awesome. It made my day. Yeah, maybe my life isn't that exciting...

I can honestly say I got a new drive now. I DO have tons of ideas for good games, and my goal was to get a couple of games/ideas under my belt before I get to that one big idea I have in mind. My friends who are part of that game development team are good and probably know much more than I do about putting a game together, but I suppose having at least a project of my own is a good idea.

I was worried I needed to go to an Art Institute or something like that because of my very limited knowledge about Game Design. The main thing that stops me for going there is that, well, I don't have the money to go. But like I said, your answer really helped me out. I can now focus on my art a bit more and with less stress.
By the way, I do LOVE video games. That's what motivates me to draw, most of the time. And you're right; if this is the career I want to pursue, I should keep at it. I'm sure a door will open eventually.

Once again, thanks so much for helping me out with that. I'm at that point in my life where I feel like I can do a million things but I don't know where to start. But THIS helped me out a lot. Heck, it was more helpful than what the school counselors have told me.

You guys are the best. Susan, when I grow up, I wanna be just like you (I'm 24, but whatever...You got my name right!). I wouldn't mind become a game journalist either, and seeing a woman succeed in the industry is truly inspiring. It makes me ask myself "Why wouldn't I be able to do the same?".

Anyway, I digress. Thanks once again and keep it up! ;]

PS: I am seriously surprised there were no The Cake is a Lie jokes!

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here