Unskippable: Cursed Crusade

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Cursed Crusade

Is it just the crusade that cursed? Because this game seems kind of cursed too.

Watch Video

You guys are lucky that the intro is the shortest thing in this game, it's got the same gameplay to cinematic ratio as the Metal Gear Solid series. The devs got their hands on a mocap studio and just went nuts with it, sort of like Quantic Dream did with Fahrenheit, but with less insanity.
I found the gameplay to be potentially good, but it wasn't.

Uhhh... where did that demon come from?

If you play the cursed crusade, it is a foregone conclusion that game play wise...

*puts on sunglasses*

...you're fucked

DVS BSTrD:
If you play the cursed crusade, it is a foregone conclusion that game play wise...

*puts on sunglasses*

...you're fucked

no, that was just bad. Go back to internet kindergarten and learn how to use memes properly.

This game was looking very bland and generic, then sudden WTF out of nowhere. So now the templars work for God AND Hell?

I think you're losing your touch guys, or maybe you just need to choose better cutscenes. I still think your best episodes were the Dirge of Cerberus episode and maybe The Bouncer.

So...is the "cursed" bit of the title actually relevant to the plot? Otherwise it would seem like a rather dull hacky-slashy thing set in a moderately original setting.

Those guys obviously never learned that someone that old, posessing an eyepatch and yet still alive on the battlefield is more than likely a badass.

I'm one of 8 people worldwide who actually enjoyed this game, Its massively flawed but its great for coach co-op, makes a better rental that a purchase though.

I want to see more just to see what the hell that sudden burst of flame was... Though since the game is clearly such a tease with gameplay in its cutscenes i'm afraid we won't actually get to try ut the blessings og Hell until the last minutes of the game >_>

"Our bromance shall conquer all" That line is added to my list of Things i want to quote really bad.

Am I the only one thinking the best part of the actual cutscene was the voice of Kirk Thornton as Jean?

Buretsu:
Am I the only one thinking the best part of the actual cutscene was the voice of Kirk Thornton as Jean?

Well, I believe there was no "best" part so I kind of agree I guess.

And seriously, the end of the cutscene...was that like a budget thing?

orangeapples:

DVS BSTrD:

*puts on sunglasses*

...you're fucked

no, that was just bad. Go back to internet kindergarten and learn how to use memes properly.

This game was looking very bland and generic, then sudden WTF out of nowhere. So now the templars work for God AND Hell?

Yeah I think he tried to incorporate pony humor with CSI and failed miserably.

Also what's up with that shield at the end? Looked like something from Lord of the Rings.

Maybe it's just me because I'm replaying that, but I was hoping for some Assassin's Creed jokes. :D

that Jean guy sounded like the main character from Nier

wow I didn't know Hell would bless a blade of Knights Templar?

So I wasn't the only one anticipating gameplay from those bits. It's like they were deliberately teasing us with those pauses.

I liked the way the sparks were always like, two seconds late for each blow. Looked more like pixies showing up to cheer you.

Zyxzy:
So I wasn't the only one anticipating gameplay from those bits. It's like they were deliberately teasing us with those pauses.

"Haha! We will subvert your expectations for our pleasure! Wait, where are you going?"

Zachary Amaranth:
I liked the way the sparks were always like, two seconds late for each blow.

Loved this too!

Zachary Amaranth:
Looked more like pixies showing up to cheer you.

Now that's a game I'd play!

alright, time to look this game up on Amazon! lol

Is this a Japanese game? I don't think I've ever even heard of this game but my gut is telling me with some level of certainty that it is japanese. Why is that?

GrizzlerBorno:
Is this a Japanese game? I don't think I've ever even heard of this game but my gut is telling me with some level of certainty that it is japanese. Why is that?

Well, Kylotonn Games is a French developer. But the publisher was Atlus. So maybe some of the residual Japanness left over from Catherine rubbed off on this game.

oh god. this game is so broken and stupid!
and it ends on a retarded and useless cliffhanger.

now i remember buying it. i remember everything.... *walks the walk of shame*

duchaked:
alright, time to look this game up on Amazon! lol

no! FOR THE LOVE OF THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER, NO!

you will regret it!

Say what you want the game dared to be quite less romantically about the crusades.

That it definitely is not the best game well just makes it more fun

Well that was a very confusing cutscene :/

Props for the tape deck reference :D

I thought those awkward cuts to black were gameplay cuts, but then you referenced that you really wanted them to be just that and I couldn't stop laughing. I'd love more unskippable of this game, or even a GPLP, just so I can know WTF was going on in the end there.
Also, just went to Amazon to check the release date, it's only like 3 months old. Wow.

I love how nonchalant the guy's voice is. He's talking about traveling to a distant land to die along with his ideals, and his tone is more befitting of a guy sitting on a pillow pile by a fireplace, wearing a deep red robe, a snifter of brandy on his hand.

Do you want a sword? Do you want to swing it and kill people like we do? TOO BAD WAIT YOUR TURN.

This may be the wrong place, but weren't Templars supposed to be celibate? So how does he have a son, while still being in the order?

Also: I'm quite sure Templars weren't that fond of facial hair (it wasn't outlawed though, as far as I remember.)

I like how he brought up his son out of nowhere it is like he forgot he had one

but yeah the game looks and sounds pretty shitty

orangeapples:

DVS BSTrD:

*puts on sunglasses*

...you're fucked

Well, supposedly they were warriors for God, but remember that supposedly they served a face on a piece of cloth that may have been either the cloth that wiped Jesus' face while he was carrying the cross to his execution, or was the Shroud of Turin folded so that only the face showed. When the Templars were disbanded by the Pope and French King, it was under the story that the Templars were actually serving the Devil/Baphomet, who was supposedly the face on the cloth. So according to History, God and the Devil, yup.

What distracted me most was the line about the Sons of Saladin (Saladin being a single guy) and then that line about the Fathers (plural) of the Sons of Saladin... Talk about confusing. Sons of a Singular Father that suddenly becomes plural...

CorvusFerreum:
This may be the wrong place, but weren't Templars supposed to be celibate? So how does he have a son, while still being in the order?

Also: I'm quite sure Templars weren't that fond of facial hair (it wasn't outlawed though, as far as I remember.)

I remember reading somewhere that married men were allowed to join if their wife had died or gave them permission or something.

LadyRhian:

orangeapples:

DVS BSTrD:

*puts on sunglasses*

...you're fucked

Well, supposedly they were warriors for God, but remember that supposedly they served a face on a piece of cloth that may have been either the cloth that wiped Jesus' face while he was carrying the cross to his execution, or was the Shroud of Turin folded so that only the face showed. When the Templars were disbanded by the Pope and French King, it was under the story that the Templars were actually serving the Devil/Baphomet, who was supposedly the face on the cloth. So according to History, God and the Devil, yup.

What distracted me most was the line about the Sons of Saladin (Saladin being a single guy) and then that line about the Fathers (plural) of the Sons of Saladin... Talk about confusing. Sons of a Singular Father that suddenly becomes plural...

Who'd thought that Broken Sword was actually teaching me history!

OT: Wow, this game just looks awful, I mean, my eyes almost bled from seeing so much screen tearing and it had a feeling like the characters didn't fit at all, like watching puppets acting in a miniaturized mock-up scenario. And the voice acting... oh God, the voice acting...

I'd love to see an Unskippable Let's Play of this.

Buretsu:

Is that who that was? I could have sworn it was Avery Brooks... :)

putowtin:
Now that's a game I'd play!

Come to think of it, it sounds like a MUCH better game.

So... is there an actual GAME in there somewhere, or is it all just a bunch of cutscenes?

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here