Backchat: Darksiders 2 and Resident Evil 6

Darksiders 2 and Resident Evil 6

This week, Backchat heads to Rome to learn more about Darksiders 2 and Resident Evil 6.

Watch Video

Character Doom Guy, Setting Mars obviously!

and a little more for minimum post limit.

Nazi Germany, a weaker chris and it would have lots of stealth. I want to be scared!

also, I got mentioned on the show! WIN!

Evil Smurf:
Nazi Germany, a weaker chris and it would have lots of stealth. I want to be scared!

also, I got mentioned on the show! WIN!

WIN!

Clearly Capcom needs to release a Resident Evil where the protagonist is the merchant from RE4.

burningdragoon:
Clearly Capcom needs to release a Resident Evil where the protagonist is the merchant from RE4.

I agree with this wholeheartedly.

That being said, I rather enjoy the playing as different characters in different games, but if I had to pick one... ah, it's a toss up between Jill (we have a history: she was there the first time I ever got scared by a game, I helped her get through that bloody mansion and Nemesis) or Leon, because, well it's friggin Leon, 'nuff said.

I don't see why they can't make both types of Resident Evil games, the new series is alright and this seems like an interesting continuation of that but I think they could also be making a more survival horror oriented RE series like the older ones, people would totally buy both!

As for the question

How about a game where we play as S.T.A.R.S. pilot Brad Vickers back in good old Raccoon City because nothing could be more scary than playing as someone who is the lamest, most defenseless person ever.

I just want Leon and Claire Redfield back, I don't care if you remake RE2 (forget that rail shooter thing), that's fine by me.

Resident Evil: Ravenholme. Guest starting Alix and Gordon Freeman.

Tim Curry and George Takai should also star as voice actors somewhere in it.

I want full GT5 and Skyrim ports on the PSV, then I would definitely buy one.

WolfLordAndy:
Resident Evil: Ravenholme. Guest starting Alix and Gordon Freeman.

Tim Curry and George Takai should also star as voice actors somewhere in it.

This definitely needs to happen. Playing through Ravenholme for the first time is possibly one of the scariest moments in gaming. Adding Tim Curry would surely only make it scarier.

What did Aoife say at the very end of the video?

Don Reba:

'Because I'm the Ganados, you see.'

AoifeGinx:

Don Reba:

Huh. Seems obvious, once you know what it is. Thanks.

Don Reba:

AoifeGinx:

Don Reba:

Huh. Seems obvious, once you know what it is. Thanks.

The accent is difficult at the best of times, but when I've just impersonated a zombie, it can only get worse...

Who's the cute chick?

I'd like to see them take the concept of RE and reboot it in a different setting. I'm thinking Paris during the French Revolution with a new protagonist who is your typical everyman/woman. Imagine trying to fight off a tyrant with a musket and a bayonet or running down a narrow alleyway to get away from zombie dogs.

The most terrifying moment I've ever had in gaming was during RE2 when I first encountered the tyrant, ran through a door to get away from him only to have him chase me.

dantoddd:
Who's the cute chick?

She's Batman(woman). Couldn't you tell?

I say they bring back barry to go munching down on some sandwiches.

Capcom should release a game featuring the funky gypsy merchant from RE4... I don't care WHICH game, just have him in it. Infact he should be Capcoms mascot, "Hello stranger" T-shirts, "I'll buy it at a high price" hats, etc.

Zombie fanboys! imagine, you start off at apple, then nintendo, then mircosoft, then bieber fans, then Sony. That would be cool!

Fixing Residnent Evil is easy, I don't know how Capcom haven't done it yet: Outbreak File #3.

You can stick it back in Raccoon City to appeal to the classic fans but using the controls from Revelations. Hell make it open world and you've got a winner on your hands. You could even step it up and make it a bit more class based so that each character has a bigger advantage in certain areas depending on their civillian life. I wouldn't even care if it was just a remake, it'd be nice to chill with Kevin and Jim again.

May as well make the Resi series like God of War, I mean, that's probably where it will end up anyway. Chris ripping the head off of the Nemesis doesn't seem such a far cry when looking at number 6.

Maybe have it set in Prague, there are some places there that would look brill in a horror based game. Also I'd say maybe have a whole new character, someone whose just caught up in the whole thing?

I'm glad RE keeps evolving, even if some of their new features don't flow perfectly the games are still fun and I love the last 2 games

burningdragoon:

What're you buying?

I-Protest-I:

burningdragoon:

What're you buying?

Got some rare things on sale, stranger.

Resident Evil Silent Hill. No zombies, so you could have the characters everyone loves, but than force them to learn how to fight new monsters. Also Leon fighting Pyramid Head? That would be cool.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here