If You Don't Have Nothin' Nice to Say

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Because I'm a people-person! =D
Also because podipus is the shit.

Surely the only correct answer is
'Because I wish to have all the joy and love of life crushed out of me. I find myself loving my fellow man and/or woman and wish to see them for the stupid, selfish uncaring creatures they truly are.'

My years in retail obviously left no lasting impression on me. :P

You met these designers?! Like, at your college?

That's it. I'm moving to Canada.

OT: "So I don't have to stop playing games during working hours"

These were all real things we heard during interviews at Gamestop (including the criminal one).

Really, wow. I can kinda understand the first two if the person saying them wasn't very good at interviews or keeping their thoughts to themselves, but that criminal one takes the award for stupidity.

Blunderboy:
'Because I wish to have all the joy and love of life crushed out of me. I find myself loving my fellow man and/or woman and wish to see them for the stupid, selfish uncaring creatures they truly are.'

That seems to apply to almost any job... at least every job I've had.

Are the cat-ears based on a true story too?

Because, well... not gonna lie, if I was confronted with someone wearing cat ears to a job interview I would be sorely tempted to hire them on the spot, if only for the opportunity to ask them why they thought it was a good idea.

Sabrestar:

Blunderboy:

That seems to apply to almost any job... at least every job I've had.

It's not quite as bad now I work in an office.

It's sad how the only sane one, imo, was the last one.

Oi, those are all definitely things you DO NOT say in an interview.

To be fair, that's such a hard question to answer (honestly) for any retail job or something like it. I mean, how many people really want to work in retail?

Second person looks a little like one of my friends, though she doesn't wear cat ears.

Wait, seriously, people actually said this shit? Well, at least it was original...

"Why? Why not?" Or something along those lines. Guess I'm not getting employed either.

I like how each current employee was teamed up with an "alternate world" version of themselves that accentuated one (broad-brush) aspect of their character.

What answer are they looking for, it's an awkward question.

DVS BSTrD:
Because I'm a people-person! =D
Also because podipus is the shit.

You love people? ME TOO!

We should exchange recipes.

Blunderboy:

My years working retail are the reason I dream of world domination.

>.>

The phrase 'girl gamer' needs to be removed from the human vocabulary, I swear.

Ugh, girls like Cat-ears up there annoy the hell out of me. We get it, you're a nerd AND a girl. Please stop acting like everyone should care.

Zhukov:
Are the cat-ears based on a true story too?

Because, well... not gonna lie, if I was confronted with someone wearing cat ears to a job interview I would be sorely tempted to hire them on the spot, if only for the opportunity to ask them why they thought it was a good idea.

Uh...Why would you have to hire them in order you could ask that question? Couldn't you just...ask them?

Face-palm with the "girl-gamer" interviewee.
I've heard this way too many times. It's not a big deal to be a girl gamer.

To be fair, people can get quite nervous during an interview. Get so nervous that you say something that is just totally out there. Say yes with a brief reason as to why I want to work there. I hate when they ask this question, "so, where do you see yourself in 5 years." You know what I always wanted to say, "let me ask you, where did you want to be in 5 years."

because i am studying to get a job in video game devellopment and i feel this is a good place to learn about games that i can't afford or have no time to play

If you can't say something nice, say it as loud as you possibly can in the hopes that you'll confuse people into believing you. I learned that from our politicians.

I like how each of interviewees have something in common with the employees.

Oooh, wrong thing to say to Luke. If NO one's doing work, that means HE might have to do some. And I agree with the girl gamer thing. Can't you just say "I'm a gamer?" Gender has nothing to do with it.

That girl would be kicked out of a Lan party with my friend so fast. She hates those 'gamers' who are into the lifestyle or something.

Every time i got asked that i always had to suppress the urge to say "Because you pay people to work here right?". Apparently saying "because i need a job and you are hiring" doesn't work.

Twenty years ago finding a girl who gamed was a once in a lifetime event. Now, you meet a girl who plays games and shrug. :|

If you don't have something nice to say... say it on the internet.

RT-Medic-with-shotgun:
Every time i got asked that i always had to suppress the urge to say "Because you pay people to work here right?". Apparently saying "because i need a job and you are hiring" doesn't work.

It's actually less a Question then a subtle demand for brown nosing.

Yeah, I think the question is stupid too. Infact, one time I was interviewed for a job I didn't want, so I just went dickhead on them and replied:

''I figured I'd do you a favor.''

Surprisingly, I was actually called back.

I don't know why people are so down on the last two. The first one is pretty bad. You seriously don't tell the person that you are asking to hire you that you want a job where you don't have to work. That doesn't go over well.

Honestly, I love the reactions of Luke and Alix. Doesn't even look like Luke is listening.

Monoochrom:

RT-Medic-with-shotgun:

It's actually less a Question then a subtle demand for brown nosing.

Yeah, I think the question is stupid too. Infact, one time I was interviewed for a job I didn't want, so I just went dickhead on them and replied:

''I figured I'd do you a favor.''

Surprisingly, I was actually called back.

I have a job interview in a few days for work well below my skill so i just might say that.

Chrono212:

I know right? Vancouver Film School is like my dream school, not that I'll ever get to go there...

makes me wonder how their resumes got past the first stage of cuts lol...

somehow I'd suspect quite a few folk who didn't get interviews woulda had less weird interviews

chaosyoshimage:

Chrono212:

I know right? Vancouver Film School is like my dream school, not that I'll ever get to go there...

I'd crawl over broken glass for a place at the California Institute of Arts.

But that's only coz I'm a US citizen, making the practicals a little easier, but VFS is equally enviable.

In the end, those 3 applicants start their own gaming store and outsells Name Game

..that's how I imagined it would be.

Chrono212:

chaosyoshimage:

Chrono212:

I'd crawl over broken glass for a place at the California Institute of Arts.

But that's only coz I'm a US citizen, making the practicals a little easier, but VFS is equally enviable.

At the moment, I'd just like to take classes at a community college, but I can't even get that right...

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here