Ani-Chan

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Ani-Chan

"Stupid! I-it's not like I'm your father or anything!"

Read Full Article

So now you're turning our badass male villains into girls? This is just another example of the vast feminist conspiracy at work.

I best she has some issues.

Yay. Katawa Shoujo. <3 I do think someone need to mod your need character idea in. I think so indeed.

D0WNT0WN:

I heard she's pretty Kinky. Apparently she's into chocking.

laryri:
So now you're turning our badass male villains into girls? This is just another example of the vast feminist conspiracy at work.

So THAT's why Anakin was such a whinny bitch: GEORGE LUCAS IS A FEMINIST!

Well I certainly wasn't expecting this. Epic win. Especially in the second panel.

Is it bad that the title made me think of Vader in a Japanese schoolgirl uniform before I opened the comic?

laryri:

Great Scott! Kenji was right all along!

OT: That has to be one of the weirdest crossovers I have ever seen.

D0WNT0WN:

She is missing an arm and a leg and has severe burns. She fits perfectly in!

Well that was...unexpected.

What personality would Vader-chan have anyway?

Is it just me, or is Emi in panel 1 contemplating whether or not my flayed skin will make a fine poncho?

I'd totally buy a Ani-chan DLC btw. Especially if it had a Miki or Saki path included.

I don't know what's weirder, the fact that Vader's a Japanese schoolgirl, or that I'm perplexed as to why he/she is wearing clothes over his/her armour.

Irradiated Tiger:
Well that was...unexpected.

What personality would Vader-chan have anyway?

I'm guessing she'd be Tsundere.

'S-stupid r-rebels...it's not like I'm blowing your p-planet up b-because I l-like you or anything!'

Well Vader was disabled and a whiny little girl in the prequels so if that's that Vader it fits perfectly.

If that's 4 / 5 / 6 Vader then, well prepare for a promotion to solo artist whoever didn't draw that :P

Mathak:
I'm guessing she'd be Tsundere.

'S-stupid r-rebels...it's not like I'm blowing your p-planet up b-because I l-like you or anything!'

You, sir, win an Internets. That made my day.

However, I think you've ruined the Original Trilogy for me now, since that is the only thing I will ever hear from Darth Vader for the rest of my life.

Rated D for disabled xD, though ratings are for the people that play the game not for the characters of the game but what the hell.

Might as well add Tali in there for the weakness to disease thing, there's probably a gigantic list of people who could fit in there

laryri:

You sure knocked that one out of the park good sir. Seriously, I laughed my ass off.

I didn't get the title until I saw the comic xD
I would check it out, but I'm at work >>

Suddenly Padme Amidala's wardrobe made complete sense: The entire original trilogy was meant to be an anime.

That's... something. Also, look what I found after going to the site:

"The Katawa Shoujo server seems to be crippled overloaded. Please try again later."

I don't know if I find that funny or not...

"This still manages to make marginally more sense than the Soulcalibur IV / Star Wars crossover."

Yes, yes it does, but you know what, I love the fighting mechanics in Soul Calibur, and despite the sorely misspelled title, the occasional fan sex-symbol service, and the weird crossovers, Soul Calibur III and IV remain my favourite fighting games, and one of my favourite Xbox games ever along with the FIFA games and Saints Row II. I enjoyed having Starkiller in the lineup, and lets face it, ignoring 'canon', there's no way you can make a fighting game WORSE by increasing the character roster and variety (assuming none of them are OP'd).

I can't be the only one who is disturbed that people fetishized disabled people enough to not only make a game out of it, but to localize it too...

EverythingIncredible:
I can't be the only one who is disturbed that people fetishized disabled people enough to not only make a game out of it, but to localize it too...

It was made in english, and the game doesn't use the disabilities as a fetish. I suppose you could say two of the main themes of the game are coming to terms with your own disability for the main character, and learning to accept and understand others'.

Oh Kenji if only you could see it unfold!

Nothing beats Katawa Shoujo & Critical Miss it won't be long before Erin is seeing Misha follow her round.

burningdragoon:
That's... something. Also, look what I found after going to the site:

"The Katawa Shoujo server seems to be crippled overloaded. Please try again later."

I don't know if I find that funny or not...

It's meant to be a reference to a scene in the game. Also meant to be sad but cute.

EverythingIncredible:

The game is not what you think it is. Trust me, try it out. And if you're under 18 make sure to check the box in options. Or you could still do it if your over 18. The intimate scenes are only a very small part of the VN. The real attraction is the feels!
*Insert obligatory feels picture here/I'm Dead comic img*

Now at aimed at the actual comic. Soooooooo when's the release date?

Captcha: fundeas civilized Indeed it is.

Nope, nope, nope. It's all wrong. Hanako should be by Lilly's side. Otherwise this makes no sense. She's totally dependent on her, so her being away from her makes me RAGE!!!
Yes, I like to nitpick.

I bet this comic started with one idea, how can I draw Darth Vader in a school girl outfit and make it somewhat make sense?

EverythingIncredible:

Educate yourself on whatever you're trying to talk shit about before the talking of the shit.

#1) I doesn't fetishize anything. Okay so the girls have disabilities, but as does the hero.
#2) It was made in English.
#3) It's tasteful, well written and fucking depressing.

Critical Miss is now the best comic on the entire internet!

[shamelessplug]

Also, if any of you fine folks want to join the Katawa Shoujo Fan group please go ahead :)
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/view/Katawa-Shoujo-Fans

[/shamelessplug]

RanD00M:
Nope, nope, nope. It's all wrong. Hanako should be by Lilly's side. Otherwise this makes no sense. She's totally dependent on her, so her being away from her makes me RAGE!!!
Yes, I like to nitpick.

And you didn't even point out Rin's creepy smile? AND the fact that it looks like Hanako doesn't have any scars at all? Tsk tsk, you're not nitpicky enough :P

EverythingIncredible:

Ah, clever! You judge the game's content without even having played it to see the actual content of the game for yourself (although I suppose the word 'game' is a pretty poor category to put it under, it's a visual novel...)
Most people would call that 'prejudice' or something of the like, some others might call it 'efficiency'! I'm in the former group, of course. You should really actually play it- it's not like you're going to spend too much money on it :)

OT: Hilarious, although even if they made a Vader arc just for giggles, I don't think I'd go for it...

Wait a second... Darth Vader, an obviously male character, in a female schoolgirl outfit? IT'S A TRAP! *crowd boos*

EverythingIncredible:

Liking somebody, even sexually (especially sexually), does not become a "fetish" if they're crippled in some way or another. They are people too, and have the same needs as anybody else. The point of Katawa Shoujo is to illustrate that teenagers/young adults with some form of disability are just as normal as you or I, worry about the same problems, enjoy the same activities, and experience sexual discovery, in their own way of course. Incidentally, it's set in Japan, but was made by Westerners. Play it, and be enlightened.

Daystar Clarion:
I don't know what's weirder, the fact that Vader's a Japanese schoolgirl, or that I'm perplexed as to why he/she is wearing clothes over his/her armour.

Meh, Japanese schools are pretty strict when it comes to uniform. Already having special burn armour on isn't likely to excuse you.

Bffffffffffffffftttttthahahaha ok that was great

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or