Ani-Chan

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

I saw "Ani-chan" and I was all like: "Hmm, that's not proper Japanese..." then i read the strip. i lol'd so hard, best critical Miss in a while. The sexytime with Ani-chan would be horrifying, though, and yes, i am a pervert for thinking of it.

<3 Hanako
<3 <3 <3 Shizune

What's funny about this is that the 'newest' character has all the disabilities of each character in the game (well almost). Vader is missing some limbs, has burns all over, can't speak right without his/her helmet, and has organ problems. So honestly this female version of Vader (unless he's actually the Darth Vader) has it harder then anyone else.

Also I love how you brought up this game. Thank you for doing a comic about it, made me laugh pretty hard. Ah~ I see Hanako, she's my favorite! ... Um *ahem* Sorry. Surprised how successful and big this game is getting, it's a Dating Sims game yet has overcame much judgement and impressed nearly everyone I knew even those who thought it was wrong for them to do a game about dating girls with disabilities (even though there is nothing wrong with it.)

burningdragoon:
That's... something. Also, look what I found after going to the site:

"The Katawa Shoujo server seems to be crippled overloaded. Please try again later."

I don't know if I find that funny or not...

If you'd like a mirror to download the game, please go here:
http://easymodo.net/KatawaShoujo/

Fantastic comic. Defiantly one of the funniest in awhile and I must say thank you for helping to publicize this oddly unique experience. Will never be able to watch Star Wars again though.

Oh god that would have made that game very awkward. And...I don't want to think about vader arc Act 4, oh god no I did >_<.

Off topic: I'm kinda surprised, damn near everybody seems to know about and has played this game O_o

If Vader's sportin the standard anime eyes under that mask, he really could be called Little Orphan Annie.

Mathak:

Irradiated Tiger:
Well that was...unexpected.

What personality would Vader-chan have anyway?

I'm guessing she'd be Tsundere.

'S-stupid r-rebels...it's not like I'm blowing your p-planet up b-because I l-like you or anything!'

'*grumble, grumble* Obi-wan no baka...'

Otaku World Order:
If Vader's sportin the standard anime eyes under that mask, he really could be called Little Orphan Annie.

Mathak:

Irradiated Tiger:
Well that was...unexpected.

What personality would Vader-chan have anyway?

I'm guessing she'd be Tsundere.

'S-stupid r-rebels...it's not like I'm blowing your p-planet up b-because I l-like you or anything!'

'*grumble, grumble* Obi-wan no baka...'

Thanks for that, I needed a good laugh this morning. I can totally see that too, that's the sad thing.

burningdragoon:

"The Katawa Shoujo server seems to be crippled overloaded. Please try again later."

I find your question over political correctness to be funny, if it's any consolation.

burningdragoon:

D'awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

I LOLed hard when I saw Ani-Chan.

Ani or Vader-Chan encompasses all the other girls disabilities and even some of Hiaso's.
Missing Limbs, server burn injuries, practically blind, deaf and can't speak with out life giving mask/ equipment. It also theorized Vader have some artificial organs too.

Hahahaha, I love this game. It's just...weird yet amazing.

I'm not sure how I feel about this. It certainly is a thing, though.

Glad you did a Katawa Shoujo comic, though. It's a great game.

YEEEEEEEEEEES

Critical Miss is best webcomic

Edit: never mind it isnt worth trying.

anyway i really would hate to see the h sceene, but... how would that work...

oh hell no im not thinking about that.

I loled hard.

I don't really recall the girls having such murder faces.

I checked out the game, and so far, 20 mins into it, I kinda faded out as I was just clicking with eyes half-closed until a multiple choice window came up. Am I playing it right?

FilipJPhry:
I checked out the game, and so far, 20 mins into it, I kinda faded out as I was just clicking with eyes half-closed until a multiple choice window came up. Am I playing it right?

It's a visual novel, you're supposed to be reading everything AND paying attention :P

Wait! This is a visual novel/dating sim : ( I thought it was one of those weird sidescrolling bullet hell shooters, *sigh* and I was about to download this thing, it's a good thing I read the description first!

Kaleion:
Wait! This is a visual novel/dating sim : ( I thought it was one of those weird sidescrolling bullet hell shooters, *sigh* and I was about to download this thing, it's a good thing I read the description first!

If you have the time I'd suggest you try it out. It's free and it's really quite good.
You'll know in about 20 minutes if it's up your alley or not.

But if you just hate VN's that's cool. I respect your opinion.

Furioso:
Might as well add Tali in there ... there's probably a gigantic list of people who could fit in there

I said nothing.

AC10:

Kaleion:
-snip-

If you have the time I'd suggest you try it out. It's free and it's really quite good.
You'll know in about 20 minutes if it's up your alley or not.

But if you just hate VN's that's cool. I respect your opinion.

I don't actually hate visual novels, I'm just disappointed that it isn't a bullet hell style shooter because I really like those, but haven't really played too many of them, now that I think about it I don't know where I got the idea that it was a shooter, must have confused it with something else, as for actually trying the game, I don't know I generally don't care about high school dramas, though I must admit that seeing so many people being avid fans of this one does make me a little curious, but to tell you the truth I'll probably won't touch it.

Kaleion:
<Le Snip>

Something like this, maybe?:

OT: That made me chuckle, and I think I'm checking out this game, I'm curious about it (the dating sim, not this... uhh... shooter... >.>').

SupahGamuh:

Kaleion:
<Le Snip>

OT: That made me chuckle, and I think I'm checking out this game, I'm curious about it (the dating sim, not this... uhh... shooter... >.>').

I strongly recommend you do. The reception on the internet has been extraordinarily positive. If you've got some free time it won't cost you anything :)

If the main site is overloaded you can still get the game via this mirror:
http://easymodo.net/KatawaShoujo/

SupahGamuh:

Kaleion:
<Le Snip>

WTF is that thing?! I meant more like

[quote="SupahGamuh" post="6.339998.13763913"
OT: That made me chuckle, and I think I'm checking out this game, I'm curious about it (the dating sim, not this... uhh... shooter... >.>').[/quote]

I want it, I want it I want it. That looks hilarious. Who on earth would even think of making that XD

D0WNT0WN:
I best she has some issues.

Not the least of which being that she used to be a man...

It may just be the art style or my limited sign language vocabulary, but why is Shizune signing the word "turtle"?

Wouldn't it have made more sense to dress Hanako as Vader, She's already burned...

Truth Cake:
h to not only make a game out of it, but to localize it too...

Ah, clever! You judge the game's content without even having played it to see the actual content of the game for yourself (although I suppose the word 'game' is a pretty poor category to put it under, it's a visual novel...)
Most people would call that 'prejudice' or something of the like, some others might call it 'efficiency'! I'm in the former group, of course. You should really actually play it- it's not like you're going to spend too much money on it :)

OT: Hilarious, although even if they made a Vader arc just for giggles, I don't think I'd go for it...

Wait a second... Darth Vader, an obviously male character, in a female schoolgirl outfit? IT'S A TRAP! *crowd boos*[/quote]

You expect me to buy a game

The fact that you don't realize how wrong it is to date disabled folks makes me even more worried.

Because I am sure our future generations would be TICKLED PINK to be blind or have short arms.

Darth Vader always makes things funnier for me...seriously it's getting scary

laryri:
So now you're turning our badass male villains into girls? This is just another example of the vast feminist conspiracy at work.

Man, didn't you know?! The Empire is one whole vast Feminist cult! Anakin getting his legs chopped off? Planned! The fight in the Volcano land? Planned! All to craft the perfect Feminist Soldier. Think of it, when he fell and got burned, I'm sure there was plenty that got charr-broiled, which meant he lost his sex drive. The feminist regime then moved in to mechanically enhance him and bring him further onto their side.

The Empire also really wanted to make him female, but they couldn't get the sex change cleared with Vader because he was in too much shock from yelling "NOOOOOOOO!" for ten hours straight.

Katawa Shoujo DLC? :D
Yes please!

EverythingIncredible:

You expect me to buy a game

The fact that you don't realize how wrong it is to date disabled folks makes me even more worried.

Because I am sure our future generations would be TICKLED PINK to be blind or have short arms.

No, I don't expect you to buy it, because that would imply that you spent something- the download on the website's free, I was making joke about how you couldn't spend too much on it because it's free...

And frankly, I'm worried that you apparantly think that it's wrong for normal people to find love in a disabled person just BECAUSE they're disabled and on no other criteria... so please, explain to me how dating a disabled person is 'wrong' to you, because apparantly I don't understand.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here