Ani-Chan

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6

EverythingIncredible:

totally heterosexual:

EverythingIncredible:

I care about future generations not being born with undesirable traits.

That's not me being a Nazi or whatever. I just care a lot about the future.

Shame others are so shortsighted. :\

You want to stop someone from reproducing because they were born different and you consider yourself superior to them.

Nazi.

I do not consider myself superior to them. I'm not dating because my traits are undesirable as well. All of these are the following reasons why I should personally never have children: mental instability, skin is too pale, depression, poor eyesight, lack of ambition, unreliability, obsessive, fickle, poor willpower, inefficient use of energy, poor heat retention and being underweight.

I would not contribute to these problems in future generations. That's simply insulting that I would do that.

Breeding should be reserved for people without flaws.

Without flaws? What kind of person doesn't have at least one flaw?

Your talks about how people with "undesirable traits" can't find love makes Rin sad.

scorptatious:

Your talks about how people with "undesirable traits" can't find love makes Rin sad.

By undesirable, of course I say that from the perspective of the person who is disabled.

Nobody wants a genetic defect. So why should we punish future generations because you have a genetic defect?

I am disturbed by this pictures lack of Kenji.

EverythingIncredible:

scorptatious:

By undesirable, of course I say that from the perspective of the person who is disabled.

Nobody wants a genetic defect. So why should we punish future generations because you have a genetic defect?

And this is also coming from the perspective of someone who is disabled:

Just because you have a "genetic defect" does not necessarily mean you can't be useful and end up punishing future generations. People can find ways to work around their disabilities. Like how deaf and mute people can learn sign language in order to talk with people.

scorptatious:

And this is also coming from the perspective of someone who is disabled:

Just because you have a "genetic defect" does not necessarily mean you can't be useful and end up punishing future generations. People can find ways to work around their disabilities. Like how deaf and mute people can learn sign language in order to talk with people.

And they'd be more useful if they weren't disabled in the first place.

DVS BSTrD:

D0WNT0WN:
I best she has some issues.

[i]I heard she's pretty Kinky. Apparently she's into chocking.

laryri:
So now you're turning our badass male villains into girls? This is just another example of the vast feminist conspiracy at work.

So THAT's why Anakin was such a whinny bitch: GEORGE LUCAS IS A FEMINIST!

This comment is filled with win. Good job.

OT: That link has over 500 comments, WOW.

Arcane Azmadi:

laryri:
So now you're turning our badass male villains into girls? This is just another example of the vast feminist conspiracy at work.

I hate to break it to you buddy, but Darth Vader hasn't been "badass" since 1999.

And until Lucas formally declares that the prequel trilogy was just one huge, overdone practical joke and isn't actually canon, he never will be again.

Vader still is badass, just people need to literally get over themselves.

But we're not here for a star wars debate, so I'll just give the short version:

If you really don't like it, you can declare it non-canon for yourself. No one at LucasArts or even George Lucas will come bearing down forcing you to believe otherwise. So settle down, and move on as criticizing star wars prequels stopped being "cool" since 2006.

Anyway on topic: I haven't played the game myself, but it does sound interesting. It's nice to see things show the lighter side of people, even if they have some type of deformity. I would pick this up, but I'm pretty sure I would cry most of the time for all the touching moments and that would be really awkward to explain to people why I was crying lol.

oh yeaaaaah, i played this game. still on the emi storyline, already finished hanako and lilly lines with good endings.

.........and when i'm done with emi, i'm soooooo gonna bang that asthmatic chick with the helmet

EverythingIncredible:

scorptatious:

I really don't know why I'm replying to this, as I am 99% percent you are trolling, I guess this would be nice for others to see.

In reality, we all have genetic defects (which can/will vary on your definition of defect). No amount of "perfect breeding" will cure these as there isn't a guarantee the next generation will receive all, if any at all the benefits of the first generation. It could be possible to receive all the negatives (again, varies) of them.

But take into a scenario where a "perfect breed" does occur (and for arguments sake) with a women in her late 20s early 30s, physical and mental health both excellent and very intelligent and apply the same for the male. The baby is born at top physical and mental health. However, with the new breed comes a new genetic "defect" that wasn't present in the first generation. Let's say he has bad teeth, or his head is just slightly bigger than normal. Stuff like this is inescapable just as much as this scenario will likely happen.

There isn't a perfect person, just what we perceive as perfect. It doesn't harm future generations (unless said genetic defect IS actually harmful to their health, AIDS or HIV for example). Then comes the Nature vs Nurture argument which will vary the outcome of how the next generation will breed (Again, it varies from person to person). There are just too many variables to take into account to ask what a perfect person is.

Whether you are a troll or not, I'll say this regarding the thoughts on yourself with love (from a post earlier). Love isn't logically as love itself is very anti-logic. Take it from a guy who loves logic and order when he says; you can't understand or predict love. It just happens and when (or if you do) find that someone (which you will, we all will [in fact most of us do without even knowing it]) you'll understand.

Anyway, that's my long post for the day and I wish you all (even EverythingIncredible) the best.

AlohaJo:

The_Blue_Rider:

i wouldnt go as far as to do that, its not much of a game.
That being said it is an amazing experience, the characters are real and the story flows beautifully. Even the male lead Hisao, actually manages to be an interesting character, which surprised me since I expected him to be a thoroughly blank slate upon which people with fetishes could project themselves upon.
Im very glad I was proven wrong. As of yet Ive only went through Emi's story, and if thats an indicator of the overall quality of the rest then I can see myself playing through this many times

I suspect you might agree with me after you play through everyone's arcs. Although Emi's story is really well done, it doesn't seem to manipulate your emotions as much as the other ones do. However I'll agree that GOTY is a bit out there (but it doesn't hurt to dream!), and that yes, this game is less of a game and more of an absolutely amazing experience.

I'm also going to recommend that you play Lilly's arc last.

Im actually going through Lilly's arc now, its strange though because Ive become somewhat attached to Emi. Shes so damn adorable XP This is one of those games I really wish I could forget about just so I can play through it again without prior knowledge

The_Blue_Rider:

Im actually going through Lilly's arc now, its strange though because Ive become somewhat attached to Emi. Shes so damn adorable XP This is one of those games I really wish I could forget about just so I can play through it again without prior knowledge

I know what you mean. I cried when I finished it (yeah, I'm man enough to admit it) because I realized that there wasn't any more. Thankfully Katawa+Crash was there to help alleviate the sadness a bit...

I think I'll play through Emi's arc again tonight.

That was i nice comic, but what really made me laugh is you and everyone else quoting Darth Tsundere. I can just hear him saying it.

I have played a couple of the routes, but am not amazed so far. Some things are pretty good, but it's not exactly exciting.

EverythingIncredible:
Snip all the things!

I find it interesting that you only respond to the arguments that don't blow your point of view out of the water.

In any case, if I'm the passenger of a car, and the driver crashes, there isn't anything that *my* reaction time can do to stop it. Intelligence doesn't even come into play, because I'm not a psychic, and I can't know if I'm going to get into a crash. Even if for some reason I could warn the driver, it's completely in the driver's hands to get us to safety.

And it isn't always the case that having children is the reason for getting into a relationship, it has a lot of self-esteem and social benefits. Coupled with possible overpopulation in an area, you might not want to have kids for the good of the community.

tl;dr version:

I've decided that your arguments are so damn weak that the only possible explanation is that you're a troll.

EverythingIncredible:

totally heterosexual:

Ok you not a nazi then. you are just an idiot with a patheicly low self esteem.

Fuck the "future generation" we are alive now and our happiness matters much more then the happiness of some drop kid who does not exist now and might never exist.

No, you got me all wrong. I hold myself in high esteem. Just as everyone should. I just wouldn't consider myself to be of the reproductive standard.

I also hold the future in high regard.

I doubt you hold yourself in very high regard if you consider your own existence to be such a mistake and a lack of concern on the part of your parents. My own genetic traits are far from perfect, but I lead a fulfilling life despite any minor problems I might have from my less-than-master-race genes. Thus, my children are likely to be capable of doing the same thing.

I'm almost taking you seriously now, except I can't get over the incredible stupidity of your insistence that having been in a car accident is a sign that you shouldn't reproduce. I suppose someone at the far end of the bell curve for reflexes might be able to reliably avoid any car accident if they chose to be constantly overcautious at all times. Maybe 1% of the population. If you hold the same standards on all factors that are influenced by genetics, there probably isn't anyone in the world who is good enough to reproduce. Plus, it doesn't mean two shits how good your reaction time is if you're in the passenger seat. Anyone with a basic understanding of normal social etiquette can't spend time rigorously testing the driving skills of every person they might need to get in a car with. If you're a child, it doesn't matter what kind of ubermensch genes you have, you go where the adults around you will take you.

私はバカ外人

Oh Vader, when they said you have fallen, they meant the dark side. No wonder Kenji goes off on his rants so often.

But why the 360? Are Rydell and Carter hinting something?

careful:
私はバカ外人

If google didn't failed me, you said
(Watashi wa baka gaijin) - I'm stupid gaijin.

That is fine but mind offering context or refrance on why you are a "Watashi wa baka gaijin".
I will assume its something about the thread on hand.

Grey Carter:

"Stupid! I-it's not like I'm your father or anything!"

"OTOSAN NO BAKA!!!"

I can't decide if this is hilarious or extremely offensive.

AC10:

EverythingIncredible:
stuff

I'd say it's fairly obviously a troll.
If only the escapist mods were as ruthless as the by-gone days of 2008 :([/quote]

The code of conduct really put an end to instant perma-bans. They can still happen, sure, but now it seems warnings are handed out a lot more. Also gone is the stigma of having probation haunt your posts.

OT: Did you see that bit about Vader being Tsundere in the comments? Cause I swear I didn't see that in the OP before...

I know I'm responding to a banned user, but...

EverythingIncredible:
I can't be the only one who is disturbed that people fetishized disabled people

Normally this sort of statement is supposed to be followed by a defense of disabled people that they need to be treated like people and not a mere object of fetish. And that it would be unfair to disabled people to reduce their humanity to being a mere fetish object.

Not saying it's wrong to fetishize them because it's wrong to be attracted to them and reproduce with them altogether.

I dare say fetishizing disabled people, is better than implying they shouldn't reproduce.

It's the very mentality you describe here that makes people treat the fetishizing of disabled people as a step in the right direction.

I swear, what you're doing is like saying that Asian fetishism is wrong, because it promotes race mixing.

Brrr, sends shivers down my spine.

laryri:

that kinda happens in animu... and evil 4chan produce.

EverythingIncredible:
I can't be the only one who is disturbed that people fetishized disabled people enough to not only make a game out of it, but to localize it too...

You'd be surprised, it's been a fetish for a long time with stories about freaks being collected for orgies by the rich and decadence being a common urban legend, although I'm not sure if "urban legend" is really accurate.

The whole idea of the visual novel actually made me think of "Children Of A Lesser God" actually which was a movie about a deaf girl having a rather physical romance with her teacher.

That said, I think a mistake is being made her, that isn't Darth Vader, that's the daughter of CHAD Vader.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chad_Vader

See it all makes perfect sense as a crossover now, doesn't it?

Paya Chin:

laryri:

that kinda happens in animu... and evil 4chan produce.

Oh you cards, making ridiculous jokes like that. Right...?

Haha-oh-wow. After the Emi and Lilly storylines I accidently ended up in the Kenji-storyline. Anyone else got that storyline?

I'm alittle confused but that's cool. I've been in love with this series since Fear and Loathing in New Vegas strip

ThunderCavalier:

Mathak:
I'm guessing she'd be Tsundere.

'S-stupid r-rebels...it's not like I'm blowing your p-planet up b-because I l-like you or anything!'

You, sir, win an Internets. That made my day.

However, I think you've ruined the Original Trilogy for me now, since that is the only thing I will ever hear from Darth Vader for the rest of my life.

Ruined? I think we need a new special edition blue ray for such an event!
It's totally better this way, just you wait and see.

Why is Hanako that far away from Lilly, and why is Rin grinning?!
It doesn't make any sense!!

Darth Vader-chan does make sense though.
That's hilarious.

Cause he's a paraplegic... that took me a minute... and now I feel bad for laughing...

Denamic:
Why is Hanako that far away from Lilly, and why is Rin grinning?!
It doesn't make any sense!!

Darth Vader-chan does make sense though.
That's hilarious.

for the answer ask kenji

Slightly more sense? That makes complete sense, it's Hanako under that helmet.

NNNOOOOOOO!!! NOT THAT HORRIBLE GAME!!!!

Grey Carter:
Ani-Chan

"Stupid! I-it's not like I'm your father or anything!"

Read Full Article

If I weren't surrounded by people right now,I'd be howling with laughter. Also,MY EYES! XO

Ah, Katawa Shoujo.

I'll never think of the word "anal" again.

Why did I play that game?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or