Diplomacy

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Diplomacy

Of Gifts and Robots

Read Full Article

Try to negotiate with Erin's droid, you will? Then...

*sunglasses, on puts*

Boned, you are.

When i read the last panel, the first thing that came to mind was: Skulls for the Skull Throne!
So, yeah. You could take all those skulls and build a skull throne, or something along the lines of that.
Tho Im not sure what game this comic is talking about. Sure, it`s some Star Wars game, but is it that new MMO? Or some other one? I really can`t tell, cause i haven`t actually played a lot of Star Wars games. Silly me.

Lol. I also find it hilarious when he comes back, says something like "Perfection is my goal, master!" and he failed the mission.

And Chiss Erin looks awesome.

So Grey, is your ship starting to look like the Skyrim serial killer's house in Solitude? Got any posed, naked bodies lying around?

Owlslayer:
When i read the last panel, the first thing that came to mind was: Skulls for the Skull Throne!
So, yeah. You could take all those skulls and build a skull throne, or something along the lines of that.
Tho Im not sure what game this comic is talking about. Sure, it`s some Star Wars game, but is it that new MMO? Or some other one? I really can`t tell, cause i haven`t actually played a lot of Star Wars games. Silly me.

Yes, this is a reference to Star Wars: The Old Republic, the MMO that recently came out.

You have companion characters that you can send away on missions, and they come back with useful items (if they succeed). There's an item called "humanoid skull", which is a gift you can give to companions (if they like that sort of thing) to raise their Affection attribute, which makes them more effective when fighting beside you in the field.

A cargo hold full of skulls gathered by a robot sidekick is almost enough to make me try this game. Almost.

Is it wrong that the first thing that came to me after reading this was:
SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

:P Haven't played ToR but if that's an accurate illustration of the droid in question it looks like an HK which have indeed been known to hold the belief that human insides look better on the outside.

Loop Stricken:
A cargo hold full of skulls gathered by a robot sidekick is almost enough to make me try this game. Almost.

yeah call me mildly intrigued as well XD

my question is, are the skulls from the diplomats or of the diplomats? hehe

Ninja'd several times...

OT: Yeah, that's not really diplomacy; that sounds a lot like tricking-your-enemies-to-come-in-peace-and-assassinating-them, which I don't think constitutes diplomacy.

I know that the droid didn't have the same speech patterns as HK-47, but those gifts are definitely something that our favorite assassin droid would have brought back from a diplomatic mission.

Well, technically, he DID succeed at diplomacy.

I mean, dead people can't disagree with whatever you're proposing, right?

HK:Query: Have I been replaced... Meatbag?

Well diplomancy must have gone well. I wonder how many planets want you dead. I mean thats the goal of all diplomancy, right? /silliness

Also it's funny how Erin's hamster/gerbil creature did a double facepalm at the skulls whilst he hovers around like the evil mastermind that he always has been.

Micalas:
So Grey, is your ship starting to look like the Skyrim serial killer's house in Solitude? Got any posed, naked bodies lying around?

Those only show up in Dark Side missions. >.>

This looks ridiculous enough to actually be kind of funny. Would be amused to see what a good RP server guild would make of this sort of thing.

Also, Chiss!Erin is hawt.

RJ 17:
:P Haven't played ToR but if that's an accurate illustration of the droid in question it looks like an HK which have indeed been known to hold the belief that human insides look better on the outside.

It is an accurate drawing. Personality wise, think of a timid C3-PO.

HK-47 lives on! That sounds like the type of diplomacy he prefers.

DVS BSTrD:
CSI shoutout

Do or do not... there is no try ;)

The_root_of_all_evil:

DVS BSTrD:
CSI shoutout

Do or do not... there is no try ;)

Way to stay ahead of the curve there.

NICE.
I hope they release a limited free version, so I can check it out and see if it's WORTH the monthly fee.

Droid: And this one talks!

Murray: How did I get here anyway?

Then the Jedi masters come for a visit.

Masters: "Is that a Skull Throne, young Padawan?"

Chiss!Erin: "What? My droid keeps coming home with them! What was I supposed to do with them?"

Can't you just jettison them? Or do they have enough value to keep around?

Patch up the eyeholes and make a skull drinking cup.

I'm posting sheerly out of amusement of the floating hamster

I think Suchong looks like a pre-ooze Splinter from space. And an incredibly adorable one at that :D

ThaBenMan:

Owlslayer:

Yes, this is a reference to Star Wars: The Old Republic, the MMO that recently came out.

You have companion characters that you can send away on missions, and they come back with useful items (if they succeed). There's an item called "humanoid skull", which is a gift you can give to companions (if they like that sort of thing) to raise their Affection attribute, which makes them more effective when fighting beside you in the field.

How in God's name is a pile of skulls supposed to make people more affectionate towards you, or increase their combat skills? (Unless you throw them, which wouldn't seem effective in a battle of lasers and armour and what-have-you)

Thunderous Cacophony:
How in God's name is a pile of skulls supposed to make people more affectionate towards you, or increase their combat skills? (Unless you throw them, which wouldn't seem effective in a battle of lasers and armour and what-have-you)

Using logic in the Star Wars universe is ill-advised...

Thunderous Cacophony:

Like I said, if they like that sort of thing. If your companion is a blood-lusting warrior that lives for battle (like, for instance, Khem Val), then they'll love the skull (it's in a category of gifts called "Trophy"). And no, they don't use the gift in battle. The gifts raise their Affection for you, and a higher Affection gives them stat bonuses.

If you're playing a Chiss, it means you're playing as a either a Bounty Hunter or a Imperial Operative.

Skulls are considered trophies if I'm not mistaken, so Mako likes them for a BH and Operatives have Scorpio who gains a small amount from it.

That's all I gotta say, I'll go poop on a different party now :D

Hey, you know what they say: when life gives you skulls, you make a goddamn Skull Throne.

Do you think that Khorne intended from the start to build his chair out of skulls?

Ovrad:
Using logic in the Star Wars universe is ill-advised...

I direct you to the nearly 90,000 articles devoted to sorting out the Star Wars universe: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page ; it may not be advisable, that has never stopped anyone from trying.

ThaBenMan:

Like I said, if they like that sort of thing. If your companion is a blood-lusting warrior that lives for battle (like, for instance, Khem Val), then they'll love the skull (it's in a category of gifts called "Trophy"). And no, they don't use the gift in battle. The gifts raise their Affection for you, and a higher Affection gives them stat bonuses.

I see. I have not played the game, so I thought that, since the comic implied that anyone can collect them, anyone can benefit from them.

Yeah... not sure whats up with those companion missions. I guess the galactic public education system doesn't teach kids what "success" means.

tmande2nd:
Is it wrong that the first thing that came to me after reading this was:
SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

no, it was the first thing that came to my mind as well, now, if one can actually CRAFT a skull throne ......

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here